There's just no place like home

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
My sister and I moved into a townhouse this past Sat. so we're now about 40 min. from home. I'm 20, she's 24; it's the first time living away from home for the both of us. She seems to be dealing with it quite well...I, on the otherhand, have been terribly homesick since. I cried all day Sunday, and have been bawling off and on since. I can't go home, or even think about home, without crying, and I can't even talk to my parents without crying...so now I try to avoid talking to them as much as possible, which makes me feel even worse. People keep telling me it gets easier and that I'll get used to it...but the truth is, I'm not sure if I want to. I, like my dad, cling to the past and we both hate change...and a huge part of me right now just wants my old life back. I moved over here because this is where work and school is, because I was sick of driving 40+ minutes one-way up to 7 days a week, and because everyone and everything at home was getting on my very last nerve. Now, I kind of miss the drive...it gave me time to listen to music and think (which, I know, can be quite dangerous when driving). But I also know, come winter, that 40 min. drive just ain't gonna cut it, especially when I have to close at work. And the things that annoyed me don't seem to be that big of a deal anymore...even though I know I'd eventually get just as annoyed at it all again if I go back. Everyone I talk to makes it seem like moving off isn't a big deal...but it's a huge deal to me. I wish I knew if/when this would get better for me. Am I a weirdo? Is it weird for me to get this torn up over this? Is there anyone else here who hates change and had a really hard time with moving off? How did you deal with it?

Erika

It's hard, I know, but I promise you will get used to it eventually. Some people just take longer than others. It's just one more part of growing up that we all have to go through at some point. Be glad you have your sister with you and you're not truly alone! Your parents are probably having a hard time, too, although, if the nest is now totally empty, they might be enjoying some alone time :lookaroun

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
Erika said:
It's hard, I know, but I promise you will get used to it eventually. Some people just take longer than others. It's just one more part of growing up that we all have to go through at some point. Be glad you have your sister with you and you're not truly alone! Your parents are probably having a hard time, too, although, if the nest is now totally empty, they might be enjoying some alone time :lookaroun
Yeah, I don't know what I'd do if I were on my own. My sister and I agreed the other day that there's no way we could live by ourselves. And my parents are definitly having a hard time with it; dad especially. The nest IS now empty, but as for them enjoying some alone time....ew. lol.

barnum42

Erika speaks words of widom :D

Also, you are never alone with your WDW Magic friends. Plus your folks are still only a 40 minute drive away when you need them. And phone calls take even less time.

WDWBro

Yeah, we're all here to help you through.

I say head to your video store and pick up a few Disney movies. They'll help keep your mind off everything for at least a few hours. I know you can get through this

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom