There are Cushions on the Matterhorn a.k.a. Dreams Really Do Come True

Can confirm that the cushions are in place in the bobsleds and they are amazing - sitting in the back on the Tomorrowland side has never been so tolerable

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

mickEblu

I rode on the bumpier TL side and the cushion really helped! Granted I was sitting in the very front of the bobsled but I would say the cushions made the ride at least 75% more comfortable.

On another note today was an absolutely ideal day to be at the park. Was not crowded at all. Perfect sunny 75 degrees. Are Wednesday's always like this or is it because spring break is next week? I can't remember the last time the park felt this empty. For example Splash Mountain standby was only 15 minutes at 12 noon. Tower of Terror standby said 13 minutes (really took about 20 minutes) at 2:30 pm. Aside from the rides the walkways did not feel crowded at all.

Oh yea ...As much as I wanted to experience The new Luigi attraction I just couldn't get myself to wait in line for it for 40 minutes. I have to admit, it did look a little boring. Just seemed like a lot folks riding are not really engaged at all. Those cars are definitely nice eye candy though

Last edited:

mickEblu

I don't mind the new Yeti but I really miss the old howls. Especially being able to hear it from outside the Matterhorn at night. I don't like the bobsled wreck scene and prefer the ice crystals as well. I really like what they did with the lift hill though.

D

Deleted member 107043

Can you name a recent creative change at Disneyland that you approve? Let's say in the last 5 years.

dweezil78

The cushion looks like a broom pan, but hey I'll take anything I can get to ensure I am able to still walk after getting off the Matterhorn! I love all the changes from the last refurb -- it's especially awesome and scary at night. They did a great job with the audio, you really feel like the Yeti is right behind you throughout the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom