There are Cushions on the Matterhorn a.k.a. Dreams Really Do Come True

D

Deleted member 107043

I wouldn't care if it never returned. I experienced it once and found it very overrated. Small World Holiday is much better IMO.

George Lucas on a Bench

We actually agree to a certain extent. I experienced HMH and despised it. I'm over IASW Holiday. Once is enough for me, then I just want the old version back. That said, IASW is 100% less offensive than HMH, which has nothing to do with the setting/theme of the original attraction and completely ruins the experience with ugly cartoons and neon lights.

dweezil78

I actually think that it shouldn't go up until that time. NBC feels much more like Christmas than it does Halloween. The original HM is much creepier and better suited for Halloween. I think early November through early January would be perfect for this overlay.

Totally agree. Nightmare is 100% a Christmas overlay -- it has almost nothing to do with Halloween other than the very loose connection within the story. Otherwise it's all xmas presents, gingerbread, and holiday cheer.

180º

Original Poster
We actually agree to a certain extent.
Hell hath frozen over!

And I agree with the rest of you, I'd rather HMH run mid November through early January. I'd even allow for HM to still close in September, giving it two and a half months for refurbishment. Or better yet, cancel HMH and do a five-month refurb.

Phroobar

Hell hath frozen over!

And I agree with the rest of you, I'd rather HMH run mid November through early January. I'd even allow for HM to still close in September, giving it two and a half months for refurbishment. Or better yet, cancel HMH and do a five-month refurb.
...and give us a better loading area instead of just a big black box.

mickEblu

...and give us a better loading area instead of just a big black box.

I've always found it interesting where different people choose or are able to suspend disbelief. For example, Ive heard a lot of folks complain about the loading area inside the HM being a plain box but the fact that there is an omnimover system with a never ending flow of ride vehicles running through the middle of it seems to break the illusion for nobody.

For me it's the meet n greets/ characters. That's just about the one area (at least in adulthood) that I cannot get excited about. To stand in line to take a picture of a CM in a costume does absolutely nothing for me. But why is that any less magical than a static mannequin inside of Peter pans flight which I enjoy very much.

Phroobar

If the room was darker and the mist effect on the wall actually worked well, I could see how the loading area is suppose to be a entering into the spirit realm with ghostly doom buggies coming to take you away but since it is so brightly lite, it doesn't work.

Every other Mansion has a better loading area. MK has a corridor with finished walls and Paris has a staircase with lightening flashing through the windows. Disneyland is a large black room with nothing in it. It's too bright.

George Lucas on a Bench

I do think Phantom Manor's load area looks amazing, but I've never experienced it. I honestly prefer Disneyland's to Magic Kingdom's. I agree it's too brightly lit, but I just love the limbo of boundless mist and decay. It's tough to get a good look at it, but the area at the bottom of the "staircase" where the Doom Buggies arrive at the moving platform is one of the most striking visuals in the attraction. Next time you board, look out to the right of the vehicle and all the way back where the mist meets a bunch of cobwebs. Its amazing!

Rich T

The old giant spider web with the huge spider framing the empty, arriving doombuggies *used* to be the room's focal point as you rounded the corner past the busts. Back then the load area was much darker and creepier.

dweezil78

One thing I love about Disneyland's HM compared to WDW's -- when you're going through the hallway of the doors in the beginning, look up. You (usually) can't see any ceiling. Just total darkness. That isn't the case at WDW, you can always see it there. It's a small detail, but one that adds a lot IMO.

George Lucas on a Bench

I'm skeptical because no one else is talking about it.

timthumb.php

ARE YOU ABSOLUTELY SURE?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom