TheOneVader's July 29 - August 2 Trip Report [56k Warning]

It seems like I was just writing my last trip report just 2 months ago and here I am writing another one... Oh wait, it was 2 months ago. Well, I have more pictures and more updates from my longer than usual trip to Disney World. So, let's begin...

SATURDAY, JULY 29

We arrived at the Disney-MGM Studios just before 11AM and were able to get FastPasses for Rock 'n' RollerCoaster while we rode Tower of Terror. The lines weren't terrible (About 20 minutes) but it sure was hot. We got to the ABC Commissary before the crowds got there. I had one of their delicious Cuban sandwiches.

Later we checked in at Pop Century and then we went to eat at Pizzeria Uno at the Crossroads. We then headed to Downtown Disney where I got some pictures of the construction at Pleasure Island. The new bridge that's going in where the West End Stage was looks like the old Pleasure Island bridges. I don't know what exactly I was expecting it to look like, but I didn't think they'd use the old style. Also a lot of work was being done on the hill just past it, and what was the Changing Attitudes store is now the Harley Davidson store.

After our stop at Downtown Disney we went to Epcot. I passed by the Canada Pavillion and saw a familiar sign without a familiar line of text. The sign that usually says the times for Off Kilter said Fiddler's Joy was playing. A coupel days later at Epcot Off Kilter was there again, but then I think it was back to Fiddler's Joy. This might not be news but as far as I can remember it's always just been Off Kilter. Anyone know more? (Sorry for the blurry photo)

That night we saw IllumiNations, as well as Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. None of the show had the perimeter fireworks that are used in the Celebration segment and just before the finale.

TheOneVader

Original Poster
SUNDAY, JULY 30

Sunday morning we went to Animal Kingdom. We got FastPasses for Everest while and we went to ride Kilimanjaro Safaris and Dinosaur. After going to get FastPasses for Everest we went over to Kilimanjaro Safaris. It was weird because Harambe was dead. There were only a couple people there. We walked all the way to the front of the ride and got right on. After we rode Everest we ate lunch at the Tusker House. If you have never been to the Tusker House you HAVE to go there. The rotisserie chicken and salmon they have are extremely good. Definately a must-have at Animal Kingdom.

I also got some pictures of the progress on the Nemo attraction, and a pretty blurry picture of the steam effect that was working again on Everest.

Later we went to the Magic Kingdom where I came across a rather amusing sight (Pictured below). Not much to say about Magic Kingdom, except that the new Pirates of the Caribbean is really awesome. After that we headed over to Epcot for IllumiNations.

TheOneVader

Original Poster
MONDAY, JULY 31

On the morning of the 31st we got to Epcot when it opened and got right on Soarin', walked right on Mission: Space (It's never crowded anymore), and got a FastPass for Test Track. For lunch we ate at the Lotus Blossom coutner service restaurant in China. The Shanghai Grilled Chicken beef fried rice are amazing. Plus, if you get there when the World Showcase opens, it's not crowded at all.

We then headed over to the Studios. Although it was pretty crowded, we got right on Muppet Vision 3D and right on Star Tours with a FastPass. So after a break back at the room and dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings at the Crossroads (If you've never eaten there, they have the best Buffalo wings ever), we went over to the Magic Kingdom for the night, where Wishes was great as always. Sorry, not really and news photos to show from today, but I did get some good pictures I'll post later.

TheOneVader

Original Poster
TUESDAY, AUGUST 1

On August 1st we got up early to go to the Magic Kingdom's morning Extra Magic Hour, although we should've gotten there a lot earlier. Disney Transportation, in all their wisdom, decided to not let anyone on the Express line monorail in the morning. Now remember, we were at the TTC at 7:40AM, 20 minutes before the park opens. So, they lead us into the Resort Monorail line, while the Express monorail ran without people. There was onyl one Resort monorail so we had to wait forever for it to show up. Not only did the Resort monorail take forever to stop at the stops, but for some reason it stopped on the rail for what they said was further traffic clearance, but there was only 1 monorail on the line. Yes, only 1. So we finally get to the Magic Kingdom and it's 8:05. yep, it took us 25 minutes to get to tghe Magic Kingdom, and the park was open. We had to grab FastPasses for Space Mountain because it was already crowded. And to top that, when our Resort monorail pulled up to the station, an Express monorail pulled up full of people right behind us, who obviously had gotten to the TTC later but were next to us in line at the turnstyles. So, whoever runs Disney Transportation needs to be fired. So, there's my rant for Tuesday...

Luckily we were one of the first in line for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at 9:00AM. We got on most of what we wanted to do at MK and then headed to the Studios, which was a mistake. The place was very crowded, so we left shortly after. That night we ate at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. Cape May is definately my favorite restaurant in Disney World. All-you-can-eat clams, mussels, roast beef, baby back ribs... The list goes on and on. And the deserts are amazing as well. I like Cape May better than Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge even.

After that we went to Epcot to see IllumiNations from. The smoke and debris came right at us in Canada, but it actually turned out all right. The smoke made the lasers from Canada a lot more vibrant. For part of the show I just stared at the lasers comign from the Canadian laser room. Also, pieces of cardboard from fireworks were raining down on us. I picked one up as a souvenir. It still smells like gunpowder.

TheOneVader

Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 2

Wednesday morning we got up early to go to the Animal Kingdom Extra Magic Hour. We go right to Everest, but it was closed for technical difficulties. Also, the FastPass signs weren't working right. The signs pictured below showed the same thing all day. Luckily the FastPass machines themselves were working, so we got some and headed over to Kilimanjaro and Dinosaur.

For lunch we ate at Pizzafari. Usually I get the pizza they have there, but I wasn't in the mood for pizza. Instead I got some sort of sandwich that had turkey, ham, provolone, swiss, and a whole ceaser salad. Yes, in between the bread, meat, cheese, and tomato was an entire salad. It was probably the best sandwich I've ever had. It's definately a must-get at Pizzafari.

After that we headed over to the Studios where it was very crowded. We saw Who Wants to be a Millionaire for the air conditioning, and then saw Lights, Motors, Action. There was a tent over part of the queue, probably because it was so hot.

No news for that night. We saw IllumiNations again and then the next day we came home.

So, that about raps up my trip report. I have some more "desktop wallpaper quality" pictures I'll post in a little while. Hope you enjoyed the report.

TheOneVader

Original Poster
Short....but still helps when you can't be there.

Thanks. Ok now there's more!

Heh, you posted a little too quickly. On my trip reports I post the days seperately because I can only post so many pictures in one post.

TheOneVader

Original Poster
Some people are still on dial-up?:eek:

Nice trip report...I assume you got some new park maps for your site.

Well, I figured I'd warn just in case.

Yep, I got some guidemaps, but as anyone can plainly see, I never update my site. Maybe I'll get around to it eventually. I was working on a new design, and then an even newer design... I think I may just finish up the old new design (Because the new enw design is nowhere near completion) and start updating again. Althoguh a little support would be nice. No one ever posts or even comments on my site anymore so I figure no one cares, although they probably don't care because I never update it... It's a vicious cycle. You know, maybe I'll go work on it in a little while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom