Then and Now - WDW Comparison Photos

Mike S

And at the time the castle wasn't used as a projector screen. It is part of a new show, you cannot put on a play with the curtain closed. Change is life, embrace it!
Disneyland's castle is much shorter and was also used as a projector screen and yet they didn't decimate their hub. Know what they did? Additional projectors on actual Main Street.

Oh and this change was because of Wishes way back in 2003 and the only change I embrace is change for the better. Change just for the sake of it is stupid especially when better options exist.

Goofyernmost

Disneyland's castle is much shorter and was also used as a projector screen and yet they didn't decimate their hub. Know what they did? Additional projectors on actual Main Street.

Oh and this change was because of Wishes way back in 2003 and the only change I embrace is change for the better. Change just for the sake of it is stupid especially when better options exist.
That has nothing to do with projection, it is reception or visibility that required opening up the area. Many more people there then DL and all wanted to see it. Cause like so many are fond of saying... If I'm going to pay $100.00 a day, I want to see the damn show. Besides Trees will grow back like they have done for centuries. To many, to large are no better then none at all. Just because you don't see it as better does not mean that everyone sees it that way. I don't go to WDW to sit under a shade tree, I have those at home. I go to be entertained and I personally do not want to pay $100.00 a day to look at leaves, again in abundance at home.

drizgirl

That has nothing to do with projection, it is reception or visibility that required opening up the area. Many more people there then DL and all wanted to see it. Cause like so many are fond of saying... If I'm going to pay $100.00 a day, I want to see the damn show. Besides Trees will grow back like they have done for centuries. To many, to large are no better then none at all. Just because you don't see it as better does not mean that everyone sees it that way. I don't go to WDW to sit under a shade tree, I have those at home. I go to be entertained and I personally do not want to pay $100.00 a day to look at leaves, again in abundance at home.
We're each entitled to our own opinions. But I liked it better with more trees.

brb1006

But shade

Goofyernmost

But shade
If I need shade I will go into the many inside rides and shows in the place. All this whining about shade is just plain silliness. Most of the reasons for being in the hub for anything is at night. The daytime parades, sure, but, it's not like they last for hours. Trees are nice, don't get me wrong, but, WDW is not a forest reserve, it is an entertainment venue. If someone wants to be in the shade perhaps a trip to a rain forest is their cup of tea. One of the reasons they spent a fortune to change the hub was to prevent people from using the place as a picnic area, to keep moving and not block traffic. I don't dislike shade either, but, again, do we really go to WDW to sit in the shade. Pretty expensive thing to do.

Goofyernmost

We're each entitled to our own opinions. But I liked it better with more trees.
That's OK, everyone has their own opinion of what they like. I personally have been force to try and see the projections from spots almost directly in front of the castle, however, my view has been blocked by trees. It's like having them put huge potted plants in random spots in front of you when you go to a movie. Or some woman with big hair or person that is exceptionally tall right in front of you. When the lights are on the plants may be pretty, but, when you are trying to see the movie they are not so welcome. Besides, like I said, they will grow back and there will be a number of years that they will be there until they get around to replacing them with smaller ones again. It has been an ongoing process since it opened up all those years ago.

I am not trying to say that people that want them are just awful, I am trying to explain why they did it and that it is part of the same show that Walt always talked about. He may have said that the trees will grow and become more beautiful with time and he would have been right. There are also many places within the parks were that is true, but, even though I cannot say for sure, I feel pretty strongly that any tree that interfered with or didn't fit in his "show" would have met with a quick end.

Goofyernmost

No, but you did say they were whiny.

Not gonna change many opinions like that.
Fine, I am not trying to change opinion, I am trying to explain what has happened. Call it whatever you want, but, if my kid were going on about something that is already a done deal instead of trying to make the best of what actually is there, and understanding and appreciating the positives of it, I would be calling it whining.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
And the same holds true for your opinion of needing the hub to resemble the Sahara.
This looks like the sahara to you?
upload_2017-5-10_15-33-19.jpeg

Raineman

For anyone that wants a WDW park with alot of trees, AK has an overabundance of them. An arborphile's dream, if you will.....

Mike S

As has been pointed out numerous times the trees there now are not the type to reach the size of the old ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom