Theme park view at Contemporary

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Has anyone stayed in a theme park view room at the Contemporary? Is it worth the extra money? Looking to go in mid November. Thanks.
It's worth it...for a night or two.

I've also done it, Club level. And, I'll be doing it again in a few weeks (but I have a specific reason for that, I'm taking my Grandfather and I think he'd enjoy watching the fireworks from the balcony as opposed to stuck in the crowds at night).

However, that will probably be the last time I do it for a while.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I have never stayed there but yeah it looks amazing and I could so block out the parking lot form my view it would not even matter to me. I might lie in bed in my skivvies at night and just look out the window, that would be so cool!!
You won't see much from the bed, even with the curtains open.

sissa216

You won't see much from the bed, even with the curtains open.

Our room did. We were near the elevators, maybe 5 rooms towards Chef Mickey's, with our heads facing away from the MK. I had a great view. I was up quite a bit with a 10 month old all night, and enjoyed a lovely view of the Castle, with the Christmas Dream lights twinkling all night long :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Our room did. We were near the elevators, maybe 5 rooms towards Chef Mickey's, with our heads facing away from the MK. I had a great view. I was up quite a bit with a 10 month old all night, and enjoyed a lovely view of the Castle, with the Christmas Dream lights twinkling all night long :)
From the balcony, great view. Not so sure about the bed though... :p

sissa216

Ours did! I was the only one awake at 3 am, sitting on the bed closest to the window. It definitely was one of the more pleasant ways to get a baby back to sleep! We were on the 11th floor, I think, and positioned just perfectly. Only half of the rooms will face the correct way, and only a few of those will be on a high enough floor at the right angle to view it. We must have had perfect luck!

From the balcony, great view. Not so sure about the bed though... :p

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Ours did! I was the only one awake at 3 am, sitting on the bed closest to the window. It definitely was one of the more pleasant ways to get a baby back to sleep! We were on the 11th floor, I think, and positioned just perfectly. Only half of the rooms will face the correct way, and only a few of those will be on a high enough floor at the right angle to view it. We must have had perfect luck!
Yeah, could very well have been. I was further from the elevators...closer to Chef Mickeys (if you look at the pic with the inside shot, that's from just outside the room).

The kid chose the outside bed, and sitting on it, you could see the parks (maybe we're talking past each other with that...), but laying down or lounging? No way. <grin>

sissa216

Yeah, could very well have been. I was further from the elevators...closer to Chef Mickeys (if you look at the pic with the inside shot, that's from just outside the room).

The kid chose the outside bed, and sitting on it, you could see the parks (maybe we're talking past each other with that...), but laying down or lounging? No way. <grin>

Yes, that's it! I was definitely sitting up against the headboard. Oops didn't mean to imply I was laying down. I didn't sleep much that trip, my son wasn't much into "sleeping" at that age ;)

We are staying in the Contemporary this coming April ! But we do not have a park view but a pool/lake view. I am actually excited about the view I have. We have never stayed in the Contemporary and I understand there is an electric water parade that goes across the lake every evening. I am also looking forward to hanging on the balcony and watching the kids swim and have fun and the boats going by. If I was offered a park view upgrade I am not sure I would take it. I understand the fireworks and castle must look great but I think there may be more to see from the other side. Does anyone feel this way?

Thanks

rob0519

Stop popping my bubble! :p

If you do stay at CR Park View, ask for a room with the layout like englanddg posted in the pictures above. If you open the drapes you should be able to see the MK from the bed closet to the window. Hmm...until proven otherwise I think you can move the beds.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
We are staying in the Contemporary this coming April ! But we do not have a park view but a pool/lake view. I am actually excited about the view I have. We have never stayed in the Contemporary and I understand there is an electric water parade that goes across the lake every evening. I am also looking forward to hanging on the balcony and watching the kids swim and have fun and the boats going by. If I was offered a park view upgrade I am not sure I would take it. I understand the fireworks and castle must look great but I think there may be more to see from the other side. Does anyone feel this way?

Thanks
You will have a view of Bay Lake. I could be mistaken, but I am fairly certain the Electrical Water Pageant does not leave the Seven Seas Lagoon.

You'll, most likely, not be able to see it from your room.

Still a great view though!

Skibum1970

You will have a view of Bay Lake. I could be mistaken, but I am fairly certain the Electrical Water Pageant does not leave the Seven Seas Lagoon.

You'll, most likely, not be able to see it from your room.

Still a great view though!

The ELP travels Bay Lake as well. It stops in front of the Contemporary, WL, and then Fort Wilderness before heading home. WL usually had a show at or around 9:30.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom