Politics Theme Park Reopening Guidelines to be released 10/20/20

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Emmanuel

590FDDA3-A067-4D1E-84F7-36469CB76333.jpeg

mickEblu

Once again, had I known I was the glue holding Disneyland together I would have just renewed my pass when it expired on 3/4 - a week before the parks closed. When my sister asked me when I was going to renew I told her March 2021.

Stevek

Original Poster
Sacramento actually did it. They're making Disneyland wait until the Yellow Tier. :eek:

And then Disneyland only reopens at 25% capacity once it gets to the mythical Yellow Tier.

It won't be until spring, 2021 at the very earliest that OC gets to the Yellow Tier. It may be even longer.

This is a disaster. It's basically telling Disneyland to put themselves out of business.
I’m betting not until Summer.

TP2000

Roller Coasters and high speed rides would seem to be forbidden once Disneyland reopens in the mythical Yellow Tier. From the guidelines...

• Evaluate the speed and other dynamics of each attraction to ensure face coverings of various types (e.g. common surgical masks with loops around ears, face coverings with a strap that goes around the back of the head, bandaging or other fabric tied around head) can be safely worn and secured on rides. Face coverings must not present a loose article hazard or interfere with the safe operation of the attraction when used by either riders or ride operators. If necessary, consult with the ride manufacturer/supplier to decide which types of face coverings are appropriate for specific rides.
• Discontinue use of a ride or attraction where use of face coverings presents a safety issue or high incidence of loss of face covering during operation.

Emmanuel

Yep, the writing was in the wall but now it’s chiseled in stone. Harbor Blvd will be a ghost town full of boarded up hotels and restaurants...more so than it already is. Very sad.

Which sucks because my days at Disneyland end at McDonald’s at Harbor (easier to get picked up there than that drop off area)

McDonald’s might be one of the only things left on that street

J4546

look at the bright side, maybe when all those hotels/businesses on harbour blvd go out of business, disney can buy the land and open a 3rd gate right!?!?

but not really, this sucks

mikenatcity1

Roller Coasters and high speed rides would seem to be forbidden once Disneyland reopens in the mythical Yellow Tier. From the guidelines...

• Evaluate the speed and other dynamics of each attraction to ensure face coverings of various types (e.g. common surgical masks with loops around ears, face coverings with a strap that goes around the back of the head, bandaging or other fabric tied around head) can be safely worn and secured on rides. Face coverings must not present a loose article hazard or interfere with the safe operation of the attraction when used by either riders or ride operators. If necessary, consult with the ride manufacturer/supplier to decide which types of face coverings are appropriate for specific rides.
• Discontinue use of a ride or attraction where use of face coverings presents a safety issue or high incidence of loss of face covering during operation.
so much for his idiot team going to WDW or USO to research- I rode all the roller coasters and water rides a week ago with no issues. In fact, it was nice having a face covering on Splash Mountain so the water didn't get in my mouth at the bottom of the drop!

TP2000

From the guidelines, read this requirement for cleaning ride vehicles after each ride cycle.

Then imagine how this could work for high-capacity rides that are basically constantly moving with only seconds between the time a person leaves the vehicle and the time new people get in like Pirates of the Caribbean, It's A Small World, Little Mermaid, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Indiana Jones, Radiator Racers, etc., etc.

• Cleaning and disinfecting protocols are important for high-touch surfaces on rides and attractions. Regularly clean and disinfect all surfaces frequently touched by guests or workers, including handrails, arm rests, restraints, lap bars, grips, seatbelts, over-the-shoulder harnesses, etc. Develop the frequency and approach to the cleaning and disinfecting process in accordance with the cleaning product instructions and the ride manufacturer’s directions and based on the type of surface being cleaned. Make sure virus kill times and drying times are considered prior to opening the attraction or loading guests for the next cycle. Make sure the ride is secured and follow appropriate hazardous energy control procedures (including safety “lock out, tag out” as needed) so workers can safely access the areas they need to clean.

flutas

so much for his idiot team going to WDW or USO to research- I rode all the roller coasters and water rides a week ago with no issues. In fact, it was nice having a face covering on Splash Mountain so the water didn't get in my mouth at the bottom of the drop!

That section literally just says make sure each ride is good with the masks. Our friend is the one who added the mythical "no rollercoasters" statement that has no bearing in reality from the section he quoted.

Gottalovepluto

From the guidelines, read this requirement for cleaning ride vehicles.

Then imagine how this could work for high-capacity rides that are basically constantly moving with only seconds between the time a person leaves the vehicle and the time new people get in like Pirates of the Caribbean, It's A Small World, Little Mermaid, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Indiana Jones, etc., etc.

• Cleaning and disinfecting protocols are important for high-touch surfaces on rides and attractions. Regularly clean and disinfect all surfaces frequently touched by guests or workers, including handrails, arm rests, restraints, lap bars, grips, seatbelts, over-the-shoulder harnesses, etc. Develop the frequency and approach to the cleaning and disinfecting process in accordance with the cleaning product instructions and the ride manufacturer’s directions and based on the type of surface being cleaned. Make sure virus kill times and drying times are considered prior to opening the attraction or loading guests for the next cycle. Make sure the ride is secured and follow appropriate hazardous energy control procedures (including safety “lock out, tag out” as needed) so workers can safely access the areas they need to clean.
COVID doesn’t spread on our reusable grocery bags in CA- but it will obviously spread like wildfire on those ride seats!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom