Politics Theme Park Reopening Guidelines to be released 10/20/20

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

LastoneOn

Absolutely not. He needs them unemployed to get that next round of COVID stimulus coming someday over the rainbow that’s based on the unemployment rate...
I get the point of the maneuvering. Aside from that even if they based it on some sort of peak during 2020 the dollars the entire economy have lost are unrecoverable. no one really gets whole. At most they get shifted back to some point in time earnings/savings/debt wise, while the world around them stays ahead. So I guess the logic of it all says to get it over with now, get everyone working so they're not so far behind the rest.

Every day these restrictions continue the inequity builds. The politics are destroying the very equity they seek.

LastoneOn

That must be upsetting to the folks on this board or Pete Werner who somehow believe Disney should be able to set their own regulations and the state should cater to their every whim.
Haven't seen anyone write that. Government agencies do that all the time. Maybe some people just want equity.

Stevek

Original Poster
That must be upsetting to the folks on this board or Pete Werner who somehow believe Disney should be able to set their own regulations and the state should cater to their every whim.
Pete has a travel business based on Disney and it’s entities being open. His POV should not surprise anyone.

ToTBellHop

Most people in their right mind don't want insane Government regulations deciding who stays in business and who goes under.
Most people don’t want to die. When government regulations become “insane” is rather subjective. I don’t know that any of the proposed policies leaked out a few weeks back were “insane” but they were certainly draconian. That’s why I imagine the parks will get some of what they want and must now choose to open with these guidelines or not. At least they’ll have a choice. They surely have realized they can’t push much more on this. The public doesn’t care all that much right now. Thus we’ve arrived at “take it or leave it.” As long as they can reopen their DVC, I suspect Disney will “take it,” open with significant restrictions, and hope for loosened restrictions toward spring once they’ve proven they can handle it. They need GCH to open.

cmwade77

>>Newsom said he was concerned about the impact upcoming colder months and holiday gatherings will have on the battle against the pandemic.

“This is an area of obvious and real concern,” Newsom said during the news conference. “That’s why we’re being very sober, and forgive me, stubborn about some industries in the state that I know are eager to get guidelines.”

Newsom said decisions about reopening California theme parks will be driven by scientific data and a health-first approach.

“Again, I hope one recognizes our stubbornness on a health-first, data-driven, decision-making process is done with our eyes wide open on what’s happening now around the world, not just what’s happened across the United States,” Newsom said during the news conference. “Not yet here in the state of California, but that’s only because we are being vigilant and have to maintain that vigilance so we avoid any further increase in transmission.”<<
Umm, this makes it quite clear he has no understanding of Southern California, we are outdoors more in the winter than in the summer in general and especially this year due to the insane heat wave. We Southern Californians like our temperate weather, not too hot, not too cold. So as we go into the winter months, people will be going outside more, not less.

cmwade77

Most people don’t want to die. When government regulations become “insane” is rather subjective. I don’t know that any of the proposed policies leaked out a few weeks back were “insane” but they were certainly draconian. That’s why I imagine the parks will get some of what they want and must now choose to open with these guidelines or not. At least they’ll have a choice. They surely have realized they can’t push much more on this. The public doesn’t care all that much right now. Thus we’ve arrived at “take it or leave it.” As long as they can reopen their DVC, I suspect Disney will “take it,” open with significant restrictions, and hope for loosened restrictions toward spring once they’ve proven they can handle it. They need GCH to open.
I wish they would open GCH without the parks open, as a DVC Member (own at GCH), I would love to stay there with the park completely quiet, I think it would be fun and a different experience for a staycation.

ToTBellHop

How did you enjoy it? was the price worth the watered down experience?
We loved it. Lines were nonexistent and the lack of Fastpass’s hyper planning made it the most relaxing WDW vacation in years. One morning, we were relaxing at the pool at BoardWalk til 10 am and wandered over to Epcot to walk on to Test Track, then Frozen, then Soarin. It was wonderful. Would I want it permanently? Of course not. But as a huge fan, getting to go to the parks with the wait times we saw was a silver lining in a crappy year.

I understand lines are longer now, so we snuck in.

ToTBellHop

I wish they would open GCH without the parks open, as a DVC Member (own at GCH), I would love to stay there with the park completely quiet, I think it would be fun and a different experience for a staycation.
I assume they did their own analysis and determined that it wouldn’t be worthwhile to reopen without the parks (i.e. Not enough people would go). But they need a way for people to spend those DVC points STAT. ”Just fly to Orlando” doesn’t cut it.

cmwade77

Honestly, here is a fact you can take to the bank:
  • Everyone WILL die, there is absolutely no escape from this fact.
The question is how much of these stupid rules will we tolerate before then? The reality is life has risks and you need to choose for yourself if you are willing to accept those risks or not, this isn't something that anyone should be able to force anyone else to do.

cmwade77

I assume they did their own analysis and determined that it wouldn’t be worthwhile to reopen without the parks (i.e. Not enough people would go). But they need a way for people to spend those DVC points STAT. ”Just fly to Orlando” doesn’t cut it.
Agreed, although for us, we were always borrowing next year's points, so this is just forcing us to get back on schedule and saving us from buying more points.....LOL

ToTBellHop

Agreed, although for us, we were always borrowing next year's points, so this is just forcing us to get back on schedule and saving us from buying more points.....LOL
I get irrationally angry that I can only borrow 50% of next year’s points right now. My rights!

And again, for the record, I think Newsom has gone too far here. Disneyland should definitely be open. I live in deep blue Connecticut and our amusement parks opened five months ago. He needs to give the Parks a chance and if they can’t follow their own protocols, let them hang themselves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom