Politics Theme Park Reopening Guidelines to be released 10/20/20

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

denyuntilcaught

I get irrationally angry that I can only borrow 50% of next year’s points right now. My rights!

And again, for the record, I think Newsom has gone too far here. Disneyland should definitely be open. I live in deep blue Connecticut and our amusement parks opened five months ago. He needs to give the Parks a chance and if they can’t follow their own protocols, let them hang themselves.

Agreed. I've said this before, but I'm typically a fan of how Newsom handled this crisis. I think theme parks is one of the few areas where I think he's gone too far and skewed too biased for a fair handling of this particular sector.

LastoneOn

We loved it. Lines were nonexistent and the lack of Fastpass’s hyper planning made it the most relaxing WDW vacation in years. One morning, we were relaxing at the pool at BoardWalk til 10 am and wandered over to Epcot to walk on to Test Track, then Frozen, then Soarin. It was wonderful. Would I want it permanently? Of course not. But as a huge fan, getting to go to the parks with the wait times we saw was a silver lining in a crappy year.

I understand lines are longer now, so we snuck in.
Going in January, even though they canceled the race weekend. Oddly we've been disappointed in the lack of atmosphere since reopening but as they've started to increase capacity we find ourselves saying NOOOO We want lower wait times!! hahaha

ToTBellHop

Going in January, even though they canceled the race weekend. Oddly we've been disappointed in the lack of atmosphere since reopening but as they've started to increase capacity we find ourselves saying NOOOO We want lower wait times!! hahaha
It makes me crave the old seasonality, where there would be fewer shows in September due to anticipated low crowds, but low waits for the same reason. If you wanted the best entertainment, you could go Christmas week but expect long lines. So you could experience both types of vacation. In recent years (pre-pandemic), it was feeling crowded year-round with only a few weeks of slow-season (including, oddly, late summer).

Stevek

Original Poster
It makes me crave the old seasonality, where there would be fewer shows in September due to anticipated low crowds, but low waits for the same reason. If you wanted the best entertainment, you could go Christmas week but expect long lines. So you could experience both types of vacation. In recent years (pre-pandemic), it was feeling crowded year-round with only a few weeks of slow-season (including, oddly, late summer).
Pretty much what has happened at DL as well. There used to be some very nice lulls in crowds both during early in the year and specific days of the week. Those are long gone...well, they were when the park was open at least.

ThreadMaster5

We loved it. Lines were nonexistent and the lack of Fastpass’s hyper planning made it the most relaxing WDW vacation in years. One morning, we were relaxing at the pool at BoardWalk til 10 am and wandered over to Epcot to walk on to Test Track, then Frozen, then Soarin. It was wonderful. Would I want it permanently? Of course not. But as a huge fan, getting to go to the parks with the wait times we saw was a silver lining in a crappy year.

I understand lines are longer now, so we snuck in.
that sounds pretty awesome!

cmwade77

I get irrationally angry that I can only borrow 50% of next year’s points right now. My rights!

And again, for the record, I think Newsom has gone too far here. Disneyland should definitely be open. I live in deep blue Connecticut and our amusement parks opened five months ago. He needs to give the Parks a chance and if they can’t follow their own protocols, let them hang themselves.
Have you by chance read your contract? I had missed something until someone told me that it used to be that you could only borrow 50% of next year's points. Apparently that is the official rule, even in the contract, Disney has just been allowing us to borrow up to 100% because inventory was allowing it to occur and eventually we will get back there, but they are now giving what was promised and nothing more. Strange how so many of us didn't notice.

And I agree with you about Newsom.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Have you by chance read your contract? I had missed something until someone told me that it used to be that you could only borrow 50% of next year's points. Apparently that is the official rule, even in the contract, Disney has just been allowing us to borrow up to 100% because inventory was allowing it to occur and eventually we will get back there, but they are now giving what was promised and nothing more. Strange how so many of us didn't notice.

And I agree with you about Newsom.
Not sure who tld you that, but completely untrue. Here it is in the contract from 2007:

12. If you do not use or bank your Vacation Points during your 12-month Use
Year, your Vacation Points will expire. Your Use Year is stated on the first page
of your Purchase Agreement and in your Deed. You may bank up to 100% of
your annual allotment of Vacation Points during the first six months of your use
year or up to a limited amount of Vacation Points during the seventh through
tenth month of your use year; borrow up to 100% of your Vacation Points from
the next Use Year
; transfer all or part of your Vacation Points to another
Member; make reservations for friends or family members; or request a
vacation option through the Member Getaways program.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Dr. Ghaly is giving his weekly update and will be announcing theme park guidelines -
Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 3.12.55 PM.png

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Most California counties with major theme parks fall into the second-most restrictive “substantial” risk level — including Orange (Disneyland and Knott’s), San Diego (SeaWorld and Legoland) and Solano (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom).

Los Angeles County — home to Universal Studios Hollywood and Six Flags Magic Mountain — is in the most restrictive “widespread” risk level.

Santa Clara County — home to California’s Great America and the smaller Gilroy Gardens and Happy Hollow parks — is in the second-least restrictive “moderate” risk level.

The new guidelines mean Disneyland, Universal Studios Hollywood and other large theme parks won’t be able to reopen for weeks or months until their respective counties reach the least-restrictive “minimal” risk level."

TP2000

Sacramento actually did it. They're making Disneyland wait until the Yellow Tier. :eek:

And then Disneyland only reopens at 25% capacity once it gets to the mythical Yellow Tier.

It won't be until spring, 2021 at the very earliest that OC gets to the Yellow Tier. It may be even longer.

This is a disaster. It's basically telling Disneyland to put themselves out of business.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom