Politics Theme Park Reopening Guidelines to be released 10/20/20

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Stevek

Original Poster
They have been practicing and playing in LA County and our county is one of the most locked down counties.
Apparently youth sports can open with modifications. That being said, I have still not seen the very large soccer complexes out here being utilized.

LastoneOn

They have been practicing and playing in LA County and our county is one of the most locked down counties.
Maybe individual league kind of decisions. Here there was little league all summer (just the one league here), but not every youth sport or activity was going. Usually the parents running the show of course so majority going to decide. Schools tried to get fall stuff going, kind of fits and starts thing. Some kids on a team got positive, so shut down here and there. restart. Its getting worked out.

LastoneOn

There was a second Ferris Wheel set up in the hub, too. Both wheels featured prominent signs warning guests about the vintage ride’s extremely low capacity and long wait times.
So just a general description of most the park. Nice that they warned people.

NobodyElse

There was a second Ferris Wheel set up in the hub, too. Both wheels featured prominent signs warning guests about the vintage ride’s extremely low capacity and long wait times.
Three wheels?
1603151961127.png

Perhaps this one was strictly reserved for stuffed bears.

Darkbeer1

>>Newsom said he was concerned about the impact upcoming colder months and holiday gatherings will have on the battle against the pandemic.

“This is an area of obvious and real concern,” Newsom said during the news conference. “That’s why we’re being very sober, and forgive me, stubborn about some industries in the state that I know are eager to get guidelines.”

Newsom said decisions about reopening California theme parks will be driven by scientific data and a health-first approach.

“Again, I hope one recognizes our stubbornness on a health-first, data-driven, decision-making process is done with our eyes wide open on what’s happening now around the world, not just what’s happened across the United States,” Newsom said during the news conference. “Not yet here in the state of California, but that’s only because we are being vigilant and have to maintain that vigilance so we avoid any further increase in transmission.”<<

LastoneOn

>>Newsom said he was concerned about the impact upcoming colder months and holiday gatherings will have on the battle against the pandemic.

“This is an area of obvious and real concern,” Newsom said during the news conference. “That’s why we’re being very sober, and forgive me, stubborn about some industries in the state that I know are eager to get guidelines.”

Newsom said decisions about reopening California theme parks will be driven by scientific data and a health-first approach.

“Again, I hope one recognizes our stubbornness on a health-first, data-driven, decision-making process is done with our eyes wide open on what’s happening now around the world, not just what’s happened across the United States,” Newsom said during the news conference. “Not yet here in the state of California, but that’s only because we are being vigilant and have to maintain that vigilance so we avoid any further increase in transmission.”<<
He's being "sober"?? Is that like a plea for intervention? Because many would certainly describe him as drunk on power.

Up in SF the science and health experts are calling for schools to open. They must have the Northern Covid up there. Didn't know the Southern Covid was more virulent.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

He's being "sober"?? Is that like a plea for intervention? Because many would certainly describe him as drunk on power.

Up in SF the science and health experts are calling for schools to open. They must have the Northern Covid up there. Didn't know the Southern Covid was more virulent.
It means new guy, don't expect the guidelines to do Disney or any other major park any favors or cut them any breaks. They are going to be strict new guy.

OrlandoRising

For those trying to read the tea leaves....

The last time the release of reopening guidelines was imminent, the California Attractions and Parks Association was quick to criticize the proposed rules and asked for them to be delayed.

Today was different, as CAPA declined to comment on the guidelines until after the public release. You know they would have already seen the guidelines, so does this mean the industry is on board? We'll know for sure tomorrow.

ToTBellHop

For those trying to read the tea leaves....

The last time the release of reopening guidelines was imminent, the California Attractions and Parks Association was quick to criticize the proposed rules and asked for them to be delayed.

Today was different, as CAPA declined to comment on the guidelines until after the public release. You know they would have already seen the guidelines, so does this mean the industry is on board? We'll know for sure tomorrow.
I presume they were offered some amount of compromise and are convinced this offer is the best they’ll get anytime soon.

Gottalovepluto

Newsom's going to announce tomorrow that he is paying for all the people he is going to keep out of work for 12+ months....right!?!
Absolutely not. He needs them unemployed to get that next round of COVID stimulus coming someday over the rainbow that’s based on the unemployment rate...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom