Politics Theme Park Reopening Guidelines to be released 10/20/20

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

TP2000

It should be interesting to see how this week's guidelines differ from the original guidelines they were about to release three weeks ago. I wonder what has changed?

I really hope it doesn't involve the Yellow Tier, because that's a very long ways off.

Gottalovepluto

It should be interesting to see how this week's guidelines differ from the original guidelines they were about to release three weeks ago. I wonder what has changed?

I really hope it doesn't involve the Yellow Tier, because that's a very long ways off.
What has changed? Well, they actually went to WDW so yellow tier has probably been replaced by “herd immunity”

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, Universal Studios, Knott’s Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain, SeaWorld San Diego, Legoland California and other California theme parks closed in mid-March amid the COVID-19 pandemic and remain shuttered while they await guidelines for safely reopening from the state.

Newsom said last week that he anticipated his administration will issue separate reopening guidelines for smaller and larger theme parks in the state.

“I am very mindful, for example — if you have a park, in a city, with a Ferris wheel — that that’s not a ‘theme park’ in the sense so many of us consider,” Newsom said last week. “So one has to distinguish between the two.”

Disney, Universal and other large theme parks in California are not expected to be included in the guidelines for smaller amusement parks."

cmwade77

"Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, Universal Studios, Knott’s Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain, SeaWorld San Diego, Legoland California and other California theme parks closed in mid-March amid the COVID-19 pandemic and remain shuttered while they await guidelines for safely reopening from the state.

Newsom said last week that he anticipated his administration will issue separate reopening guidelines for smaller and larger theme parks in the state.

“I am very mindful, for example — if you have a park, in a city, with a Ferris wheel — that that’s not a ‘theme park’ in the sense so many of us consider,” Newsom said last week. “So one has to distinguish between the two.”

Disney, Universal and other large theme parks in California are not expected to be included in the guidelines for smaller amusement parks."

But where does the line get drawn between large and small? Is it based on who owns them? Is it based on size? Average attendance? Etc.?

Sharon&Susan

I bet Disney can get a small county fair wheel set up down by castle in a couple of days.
Those people are hurting too.
"Been there, done that"-Michael Eisner
1603144304534.png

Stevek

Original Poster
Oh, what sports have you guys been restricted on? Everything, little league stuff on up or just college/pro things?
I'm not even sure that youth sports can practice or play...I know the soccer fields have been empty around Riverside County (Corona).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom