Politics Theme Park Reopening Guidelines to be released 10/20/20

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Disney Analyst

I'm now completely rethinking my entire format for Thanksgiving this year. 🦃

I'm going to put my mind to it and come up with new ways to have an entirely communal experience. And no one is allowed outside. With as many shared serving forks as possible.

I will also mandate a lot of chanting from the guests. And there will be wind instruments (hopefully trumpets or clarinets).

I don't think I've ever been this excited for Thanksgiving! Gawd.... I can't wait to CELEBRATE INDOORS!

Just an FYI: our public health leader in BC put out similar suggestions for dinner events since we’ve been allowed to gather in our bubbles. Try to avoid shared items, if sharing food have one dedicated person plate everything, to minimize contact.

Essentially avoid family style meals.

TP2000

Just an FYI: our public health leader in BC put out similar suggestions for dinner events since we were allowed to gather in our bubbles. Try to avoid shared items, if sharing food have one dedicated person plate everything, to minimize contact.

Essentially avoid family style meals.

What are they saying in BC about wind instruments and chanting at family dinners? Yes or no?

I honestly can't remember when Sacramento has been funnier.

Last edited:

TP2000

I don’t think that’s come up 😂😂

Well, they obviously aren't trying hard enough up there.

I think I told you this before, but I had a lot of family in BC growing up. And a batch of Nanaimo bars are always on the dessert buffet at Thanksgiving even to this day! Cheers to you and yours for the upcoming family dinner season!

Disney Analyst

Well, they obviously aren't trying hard enough up there.

I think I told you this before, but I had a lot of family in BC growing up. And a batch of Nanaimo bars are always on the dessert buffet at Thanksgiving even to this day! Cheers to you and yours for the upcoming family dinner season!
Thank you! Our thanksgiving was pretty good this year, a bit different of course, just direct family.

Ldno

I’m a pessimist, given my life choices I have to be. No matter what you do in life, death is for certain, not trying to sound dreary but still if it’s my time to go, it’s my time, nothing I could had done would had changed that fact, if COVID makes it so then I have no choice.

Today I went to the mall to pick up an item. As I was leaving, there was a homeless guy/on drugs maybe that walked and stopped in front of my vehicle, then he started talking to himself and his other personalities about something, and after the Light was green he still stayed in front of my vehicle and looked back like “oh wow i’m a dick” and once the light turned red he moved into the other empty lane

As a former infantryman I’m a pacifist, why?? I have to learn how to assess the situation, if I confront him who knows what he could had done since he had a bag on him with unknown contents, but I was ready for the worst.

He had a death wish For sure but not so sure what was his endgame, could he pull a needle and inject me with something? I don’t know but still I can’t live in fear of what if’s, seen that too many times. Learn to let go and take life day by day, no matter how much you try to be full battle rattle into covid, somehow you never know if you can avoid it at all.

Which goes on to say another sad bit in my life. I got a letter from my twins school about how they came in contact with someone who tested positive, they can’t disclose who it was (I have two 2nd graders) BUT still now I’m like, what is covid, Who is covid, where is covid? I’d rather just social distance, wear a mask, sanitize every ten seconds to avoid but who knows, as a guy who had bullets wiz by his ear I’d rather live in a safe manner than worry about something you don’t know how it might arrive. Everything’s above our control

SuddenStorm

Why does everyone always mention them?

Darkbeer's just a solid dude.

Me too, but I'm kinda worried about him. From the info I got from my Anaheim business friend that I posted in the other thread, the outlook in Anaheim this evening was very bleak. :oops:

I can't imagine what things are like down there. I have a few CM friends in a group chat that are panicked and ed at Newsom- they want to go back to work and have since March. Not every Disneyland CM supported keeping the parks closed back in July while their unions were fighting to keep them out of work longer. Today almost hit them worse than the layoff news.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Fresh Baked doesn't have any sources and he doesn't break news. He either guessed right or was simply the first to make a YouTube video after the rumors were reported.

YouTubers like him, Mickey Views, DSNY, all of them, they just repackage news reported elsewhere. They're not an original source on anything.
THANK YOU!!!!

Giss Neric

Why does size even matter if big theme parks could simply limit their capacity to 15% as opposed to 25% for smaller parks. I just don't get why small and big parks are separated.

Also the no indoor rides is ridiculous. Universal Studios Hollywood will suffer more from this as majority of their rides are indoors.

Mesmer92

In the Parks
No
So if I get drunk and then slam into you, can I just say you took the risk of being out while I was drinking and driving? Shouldn't we allow drunk driving since it kills 1/22 as many people?
Can you just admit you are on Newsom's payroll? You are bending over backwards like crazy to defend this vile man's decision to ruin the entertainment industry in California.

ToTBellHop

I’m honestly pretty devastated here. I was planning on taking my family to DL for the first time in April (I’ve been; they haven’t). Now I’ll get to enjoy a lack of any clarity or just make different plans. Perhaps we should just go to Yosemite and Sequoia, where I’ve (and we’ve) never been. DL will still be there in a few years. Unless it isn’t.

Selfishly, I was ecstatic to be able to book GCH DVC at 7 months out, which never happens, but it seems unlikely that we will be able to stay there anyway. And even if DL does open by some miracle, do I want my family to see it in the way these guidelines suggest? When we planned our CA trip, we didn’t honestly imagine this would still be the state of things in CA. What a $hit$how.

Scoots71

I remember after 9/11. The government turned to Disney for help in crowd management, streamlining systems at the airports, several things. Now that company that directly handles close to 20 million people in the US alone, is sidelined. If any business knows how to avoid risk, I have to think its Disney. And yet we are being told, for all intents and purposes, they can't be trusted to manage their parks. Pro sports? Trusted. Airlines? Trusted (even as a couple ignore the guidelines and book every seat and nobody is 6ft apart from 1 if not 2 others) Gvt agencies? Trusted.

Senior care homes where most of the deaths are? DOUBLE TRUSTED.

Think about it: We are trusting the airlines that would fly those 20 million guests to Disney, but not Disney itself.
This. This. This. This. This!

They are going to allow the SF 49ers to have 14,000 fans in their stadium, which is a significantly smaller and less socially distanced footprint than 15,000 people in Disneyland Park for one day. I'd feel 1000x safer being in Disneyland Park with the safety standards WDW has implemented.

*And this is coming from someone who works in sports, and has worked a few events with 15,000 fans in attendance. There was no change outside the pre-existing trendlines for COVID-19 in the region in the 3 weeks after the events.

el_super

Saving human life wasnt the point of the shutdowns. Spreading that loss across a longer period of time to prevent treatment facilities from having to turn away patients was.

Preventing treatment facilities from having to turn patients away... in order to save lives. The point of the 'shutdown' was absolutely to save lives.

However, there's a reason live entertainment has been a part of society for thousands of years. You just can't stop that whole cloth and expect a mentally healthy society as time keeps ticking away. Then there's the quality of life going down the drain for all those financially dependent on that societal need for live entertainment. It's not just the literal money, but the self respect that comes from earning one's living through work.

For thousands of years, humanity did not have the internet and streaming TV to fall back on. If the quality of life for people were spiraling uncontrollably down the drain and even having just a fraction of the impact you seem to think it is having, that would absolutely result in lowing poll numbers for Newsom and greater calls for a recall. That hasn't happened (at least not yet). Newsom's position is safe for now, because a majority of people are A-OK with his policies.

IveBeenJack

Fresh Baked doesn't have any sources and he doesn't break news. He either guessed right or was simply the first to make a YouTube video after the rumors were reported.

YouTubers like him, Mickey Views, DSNY, all of them, they just repackage news reported elsewhere. They're not an original source on anything.
Hi @embracejg, It's Jack from DSNY.

Personally, If I have a source I'll say so. If it is sourced information from these forums or somewhere else, I'll always say so, and cite the original source on-screen. It's pretty shady behaviour that others are trying to pretend that they have "sources" to generate false credibility.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the matter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom