Theme breaking entertainment added to Disney’s Boardwalk

dennis-in-ct

I would think they were not official Disney entertainment similar to the people who I would see at Disney springs which is not a bad thing. I agree that the costumes say “Disney”.

danv3

Honestly, this looks so bad theming-wise that if I was told these were random people who just decided on their own initiative to come to the boardwalk and sing I would have believed it.

It's a pretty easy fix, really. They should be in costumes of some sort (they don't have to be elaborate) that are at least vaguely themed to the first third of the 20th century.

CaptainAmerica

Honestly, this looks so bad theming-wise that if I was told these were random people who just decided on their own initiative to come to the boardwalk and sing I would have believed it.

It's a pretty easy fix, really. They should be in costumes of some sort (they don't have to be elaborate) that are at least vaguely themed to the first third of the 20th century.
The boardwalk AREA and the Boardwalk Resort aren't necessarily a cohesive theme. How long has the ESPN restaurant been there with nobody complaining about it?

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
54B68F2B-8E5F-463A-BF6B-DD73B37140A2.jpeg

really a quick wardrobe update would fix this, currently nothing about this is “timeless” or “turn of the century”. I just expect better from Disney.
I spend a lot of time in Ocean City, New Jersey every summer and this is exactly the type of performer you'd see on the boardwalk. I'm not sure what the problem is.
What they’re performing isn’t the main culprit, it’s just the overall appearance seems to be contradicting the space, something Disney used to care about more.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
love that stage! Can't imagine the imagination it took to decide to through a rope line down to outline a stage for the group.

The use of the rope to delineate a stage is exactly what other BoardWalk performers use, such as jugglers which aren't derided for being unthematic.

For the Muppets' Declaration of Independence skit in MK, a rope is used to delineate a "stage" for the town crier.

The presence of this group is oddly out of place.

But we don't need to make up false issues in order to drive that point home.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The use of the rope to delineate a stage is exactly what other BoardWalk performers use, such as jugglers which aren't derided for being unthematic.

For the Muppets' Declaration of Independence skit in MK, a rope is used to delineate a "stage" for the town crier.

The presence of this group is oddly out of place.

But we don't need to make up false issues in order to drive that point home.
Easy, killer…

their point was valid…if it’s pointless to argue.
But I think the overall rub is Disney completely yutzing with their entertainment…which they have.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
oh Honey…that was written before the helicopter crash…

not the same evolutionary period now. This ain’t that.
Then time to update their website!

“Enjoy the classic beauty and romance of Old Town and run down seaside shopping venues in a way only Disney can deliver! Un themed entertainment and shuttered restaurants are sure to delight young and old. Don’t forget to visit our time share desk so you can own a piece of this magical place!”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Easy, code talker.

No, it isn't. The make-shift rope to indicate performing space for street entertainers is quite common. It's on-theme and has been used on BoardWalk's boardwalk for years and years.
Yeah…but that’s the curtains, not the window.
I guess a band is better than no band at all…but they wanted some cutesy polyester vaudeville looking costumes from Epcot wardrobe…

bless their hearts.

ill say this: I do miss my favorite costumes from boardwalk still to this day 🤔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom