Theft at Walt Disney World

DisneyWorldGuru

Original Poster
Tons Of Fertilizer Missing From Disney
Orange County Sheriff's Office Investigates Theft

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Authorities in Orange County, Fla., are investigating the theft of about 6 tons of fertilizer from a Walt Disney World landscaping facility, according to Local 6 News.

A Disney supervisor noticed that 237 bags of the fertilizer had disappeared from a secured storage facility last week. Disney security immediately notified the Orange County sheriff's office after the theft.

At first, authorities were concerned that the fertilizer was a danger to the public, Local 6 News reported.

"We did get some information from the manufacturer that there was really no hazard behind it, but we still treat it as a regular theft," Orange County Sheriff's spokesman Carlos Torres said.

Disney recieved the $3,000 shipment of the fertilizer three weeks ago. Investigators are not sure if the 50 pound bags were stolen all at one time or over the last several weeks.

Investigators are looking into the possibility that the theft was an inside job, Local 6 News reported.

If you have any information concerning this crime, you are urged to contact the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

(C)2002 WKMG www.local6.com

DisneyWorldGuru

Original Poster
I would say it is prob. an inside job. It would have to be with all the security gates around the secured areas.

They also said that the main gate of that area locks at night but the back gate does not and it is one of the only areas on WDW property without cameras.

DisneyCP2000

at least it buys guests a couple of weeks of stench free grounds :lol:. I'm assuming this the manure fertilizer that they put down?

DisneyWorldGuru

Original Poster
LOL, I think it is the non-cow pooh kind. At first they were afraid of a group using it as explosives. But you never know, maybe it is manure. :lol: Could you see someone stealing 6 tons of manure. LOL

CAPTAIN HOOK

Mmmmmmm, sounds like Disney needs to employ a decent security company, or at least, one whose staff remain awake during the night :p

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
Mmmmmmm, sounds like Disney needs to employ a decent security company, or at least, one whose staff remain awake during the night :p

i've said it before, and I'll say it again... thank god Disney Security doesn't get guns

DisneyWorldGuru

Original Poster
Originally posted by Samurai Jax

Maybe water guns!:p

"Oh my gosh, I wet myself ! What do I do now !?!"

OR

NEW WDW SECURITY GUARD: "So what do we do here?"
OLD WDW SECURITY GUARD: "I really dont know."
NEW WDW SECURITY GUARD: "Fine what do you do on a normal day here"
OLD WDW SECURITY GUARD: "Well we can walk around, we can sit in our little booth, we can wave at the buses as they pass us, or hey we can even laugh at the guy who dresses up as Mickey when a kid beats him up."
NEW WDW SECURITY GUARD: "And the point of Disney Security is what...."
OLD WDW SECURITY GUARD: "We basically block the camera men when Disney tries to cover something up, oh yeah we have this little job where we are supposed to guard something"
NEW WDW SECURITY GUARD: "What do we guard?"
OLD WDW SECURITY GUARD: "I am not to sure about that either."
NEW WDW SECURITY GUARD: "Do you know anything else about this job, I mean you have been here longer then I have?"
OLD WDW SECURITY GUARD: "Thats pretty much all I know."

Pioneer Hall

In all seriousness though...

Fertilizer is used to make explosives. And that much fertilizer can make A LOT of explosives. We really shouldn't be laughing about this like we are.

Sorry, but someone had to be the voice of reason.

westie

I agree its not funny. Timothy McVeigh used a truck load of fertilizer and something else ??? to do the damage he did. I hope we can all laugh about this in a weeks time. My apologise for being the downer on this thread.:lookaroun

What kind of crime is this. Does WDW use a certain secret type of fertilizer and the people want there house looking like disney. I mean how can you get 6 tons of fertilizer. this is very weard

imagineerfan

Does anyone know if cow manure is hazardous? Meaning able to be use as an explosive. Living in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, i experience it and smell it all the time. any info would be grat.

Toonfinder

I'm just trying to figure out where someone would be able to hide 6 tons of fertilizer. It's not like trying to hide 3 character costumes... these are big bags for some serious ________.

I'm just perplexed by the recent issues of stuff going missing at WDW. there's the fertilizer... there's the character costumes... what next? Spaceship Earth?
If Spaceship Earth disappears, someone better put out an APB on David Copperfield...

lt-hambone

Good point, but...

Originally posted by westie
I agree its not funny. Timothy McVeigh used a truck load of fertilizer and something else ??? to do the damage he did. I hope we can all laugh about this in a weeks time. My apologise for being the downer on this thread.:lookaroun

...not all fertilizers can be used for making explosives. I had read somewhere that the fertilizer stolen is not the kind that can be made into explosives. I really don't want to get into the disscussion of why - let's just say certain chemicals need to be present in the correct amounts. This is why the fertilizer you buy at the store is harmless.

But it is a good point.

pheneix

>>>I had read somewhere that the fertilizer stolen is not the kind that can be made into explosives.<<<

You're right. The company that produces the fertilizer has stated that it IS NOT explosive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom