The year 2011: Spectromagic or Electrical Parade

Banksy

Original Poster
Which one would you prefer?

Does anyone know what parade is on this summer?

Sorry i was supposed to submit a poll :(

rodserling27

Rumor has it that Main Street Electrical Parade is sticking around until at least next Spring. It will most definitely be running this summer and probably through the fall.

MaryJaneP

Look folks, MSEP has its fans and it is currently running at MK. Spectro has its fans too but it is not currently running. As posted previously, Spectromagic MAY return in 2012, but there has been no announcement either way.

This whole topic just starts up a flame war.

If you want to post your favorite, then do so. Don't be surpirised to have vociferous support or opposition to your choice.

As for timing, the answer appears to be Spectromagic is not presently scheduled and it is unknown when, if ever, it will return.

Banksy

Original Poster
Look folks, MSEP has its fans and it is currently running at MK. Spectro has its fans too but it is not currently running. As posted previously, Spectromagic MAY return in 2012, but there has been no announcement either way.

If you want to post your favorite, then do so. Don't be surpirised to have vociferous support or opposition to your choice.

As for timing, the answer appears to be Spectromagic is not presently scheduled and it is unknown when, if ever, it will return.

No offence dude, but your the one who has started the "Flame war"

Let people express their opinion, everyone has a preference. If you don't want to get involved in the discussion then don't.
:rolleyes:

DancingPhoenix

This is a hard one for me, because I had no idea about the change in parades until I was there in March, we usually skip Spectro because we've seen it at least 10 times. But then I heard the music, and I died of joy right there, I missed that old Electric Street Parade music SO MUCH.

My favorite will always be the original Electric Street Parade, but to be honest this one was quite disappointing. I liked the big Pete and dragon float though, but the rest not so much. I wish they could combine the two XD

My favorite will always be the original Electric Street Parade, but to be honest this one was quite disappointing. I liked the big Pete and dragon float though, but the rest not so much. I wish they could combine the two XD

My thoughts exactly. I LOVED the original Main Street Electrical Parade so much and it was a personal favorite for me over Spectromagic. When MSEP made a brief return about 10 years ago or so, it was spectacular... punched up just enough. Now, this current redone version just loses something. Between the loss of the Blue Fairy, some other floats, and most of all the newly recorded music soundtrack which doesn't compare to the original, it's not as good. So I prefer Spectro to this current MSEP.

Banksy

Original Poster
My thoughts exactly. I LOVED the original Main Street Electrical Parade so much and it was a personal favorite for me over Spectromagic. When MSEP made a brief return about 10 years ago or so, it was spectacular... punched up just enough. Now, this current redone version just loses something. Between the loss of the Blue Fairy, some other floats, and most of all the newly recorded music soundtrack which doesn't compare to the original, it's not as good. So I prefer Spectro to this current MSEP.

For me i have grew up with Spectro so i feel how you feel about main street :) Do you mind me asking what has changed about Main street electrical parade?

I think i would have liked it just as much if i had heard the spectro music. It has a lot of memories for me :)

Korfar

You must be the thread police. Thank you for protecting us from ourselves. What on earth would we do without you?

Tigger1988

Another thread police. Since you don't want others to express a simple opinion then I guess we might as well shut the site down.

Uh it's not a matter of them not wanting people expressing opinions, it's the fact that this post has been made dozens of times. Pretty sure I saw this same topic discussed no more than a week ago.

A search of the forum before posting goes a long way.

forevermickey

I was so excited to see MSEP, I did in Sept. 2010... I was so happy to have the opportunity to see it again. BUT I found through this that Spectro has a special place in my heart and I MISS IT!!! I will be there in Sept. again and wish it was going to be back BUT one more round of the EP:)

rodserling27

Everyone knows how much I love MSEP. I think it's always been the superior parade, even in its current "midi" sounding form (I hate that Japanese Dreamlights version of "Baroque Hoedown.") But I think it's cool that they switch them out every few years because SpectroMagic and MSEP are really two quite different experiences. I hope they never stop doing that, or at least, I hope that MSEP continues to make visits every few years if it's not going to stay on a semi-permanent basis anymore. It's a real treat to see it. I wonder if WDW will ever get it's ORIGINAL version back, which apparently is sitting backstage at Hong Kong? In crates? Doing nothing! How sad.

kittybubbles

I like them both. While watching Disney Junior with DD a few days ago, in between shows they played this computer animated segment that had a Mickey Float, a Special Agent Oso Float , and a Handy Manny Float all done in a Spectro style which got me wondering if Spector could be coming back some day with a new look.

KingdomofDreams

Hi! :wave: I've been a long time reader here. Just decided I might jump into the fray a bit. I guess this is as good a place as any to begin.

I vote Spectro. This would be almost entirely due to the music. The floats are unique and beautiful as well, but the music is so dramatic and stirring. I've never been able to keep from getting a huge lump in my throat as soon as that soaring fanfare begins. Imo, it beautifully conveys the Disney magic. Sometimes when I'm really missing Disney, I will play a YT vid of Spectro. Hearing that music never fails to do the trick!

MSEP just doesn't compare for me. We went last summer and the kids all felt the same way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom