The worst time of the year to go!

indy_jones

Original Poster
The worst time of the year for me would be summer when it's very crouded to go. (Opinion)> What's your worst time of the year.:animwink:

Maria

For me, it is the summer in general.... there is nothing special going on in the parks and it is extremely hot and rains in the middle of the afternoon every day! :rolleyes: ;)

Debbie

The summer is a terrible time to go. Also my cousin went last week and stayed at the Polynesian and said she would NEVER go back the week of Mardi Gras. She said it was packed and the lines were horrible.

Pioneer Hall

I would like to stay at French Quarter during Mardi Gras. Too bad they don't do anything special for it though. They should, we all know there are costumes and parade floats from the old Mardi Gras parade.

Lance

The majority for me is late July, seems ok. Crowds aren't that bad.

For heat, the last week in August is HOT. Crowds weren't bad.

And I've been down 3 times during Christmas and I've never seen longer lines. I go swimming all the time during Christmas.

Once in early March, no HOT, not too many crowds.

Pioneer Hall

We always go in the last week of August, and it is HOT!!!!

This year we also went in December and it was so weird walking out of rides and it not being 100 degrees. I was always expecting to walk out and be in Awful heat. As for crowds during this time...they are great until labor day weekend. Then the local people come.

Bw2002

Originally posted by gepetto
Between Christmas and New Year's! It's unbearably crowded AND my MIL is there.:brick:

I agree completely. I always go in January or Late Feb. (The weekend AFTER Presidents day.) It is usually before the crowds for Spring Break.

WDW-Imagineer

I'd say summer and Christmas-New Years. I think the best time to go is the week after Thanksgiving to the week of Christmas. Least crowded and great temperatures. When its 70° and the native Floridians are in their homes with the heat on, I'll be out in the parks.

Camelot

Years ago, I went at the end of July, and it was godawful hot...hotter than in New Orleans even, so that's HOT, and it was "hurry and wait" with the long lines

I decided to never go there again in the summer.

burbur

as a cp i've got to say that the worst time to be working is in august and the peak season around christmas. although, our park, was dead on christmas day. but the week after christmas is just insane. i would recommend to everyone that the go some other time, b/c the lines and the crowds are just way too much, especially for little kids. and besides, the x-mas decorations are up the week after thanksgiving, which is a great time to head down. my parents and brother came at that time. we never waited for a ride more than 10 minutes and it was 80 degrees and sunny every single day. of course, we needed rain seeing as how it hadn't rained in like a month, but they still had a good time.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Deep Joy

thats good news about August, we have to fix our next trip for that period as its the Kids school holidays. We cant take them outand go at a different time as they have exams and change schools soon after. The worst thing is that all UK travel companys hike the prices to coincide with the same dates.

danamarie27

Ihave tried almost every time of year except for Christmas...The most crowded I have experieced is Easter......Oh my god was it crowded. It also seemed that people were a tad "cranky" then too. I have been there in August melting on the sidewalk and didnt deal with such hostility. I had to get my daughter a stroller because she got knocked down a few times. Never again... I'll take melting over Easter.

TURKEY

Originally posted by burbur
as a cp i've got to say that the worst time to be working is in august and the peak season around christmas. although, our park, was dead on christmas day. but the week after christmas is just insane. i would recommend to everyone that the go some other time, b/c the lines and the crowds are just way too much, especially for little kids. and besides, the x-mas decorations are up the week after thanksgiving, which is a great time to head down. my parents and brother came at that time. we never waited for a ride more than 10 minutes and it was 80 degrees and sunny every single day. of course, we needed rain seeing as how it hadn't rained in like a month, but they still had a good time.

Where do you work?

I hated working at Christmas/New Year's outside in front of AmGard with Candlelight. It was nuts. There were three or four people out there at some points and the lines never got short until the show started.

I didn't mind the summer that bad. I'm used to heat and humidity(work in Arkansas' rice fields).

melittahauser

It can get sooooo hot at WDW during July and August. I remember being at the Tiki Birds one year and just wanting to cry. The heat was coming up from the dark pavement, you couldn't get enough to drink. The best time is Feb when no one is there. My favorite time is the Christmas season, absolutely beautiful a true wonderland.

mickey04

Summer, especially Fourth of July weekend seems too hot and crowded a time to really enjoy the parks as could be done in sprong, winter or fall. I;m not saying I would pass up the opertunity to go though...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom