The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

SpoiledBlueMilk

View attachment 534539
I don't know, it might have an even more distinctive profile than the Tower. My gut tells me it's Disney being resistant to having an icon that they don't have full control of, that has a duplicate out there involved in things that Disney isn't managing.
I agree - I have no idea about this, but could Disney use the silhouette of a building they don't own as the icon of a park?

TTA94

Now that we know the 50th will last 18 months, whatā€™s the current thoughts on MK still getting a ā€œAnniversary Paradeā€ whether thatā€™s a Festival of Fantasy replacement/update snd or a nighttime parade, new, PTN, or MSEP? Would this be something that highly likely will not happen until maybe Spring 2022?

ToTBellHop

Now that we know the 50th will last 18 months, whatā€™s the current thoughts on MK still getting a ā€œAnniversary Paradeā€ whether thatā€™s a Festival of Fantasy replacement/update snd or a nighttime parade, new, PTN, or MSEP? Would this be something that highly likely will not happen until maybe Spring 2022?
By the time it returns, FoF will feel new again...

SpectroMan93

Meh, donā€™t get wrong FoF isnā€™t a horrible parade but it lacks something for me, canā€™t quite put my finger on what it is though, compared to letā€™s say Parade of Dreams.
I think whatā€™s there currently is actually quite good. Floats are beautiful, costumes gorgeous, music fun and catchy. But for me it just needs more. Whether itā€™s more performers or one more unit. In its current state, it still feels like just the minimum amount required from a Disney parade.

TTA94

I think whatā€™s there currently is actually quite good. Floats are beautiful, costumes gorgeous, music fun and catchy. But for me it just needs more. Whether itā€™s more performers or one more unit. In its current state, it still feels like just the minimum amount required from a Disney parade.

A new opening float, smaller floats, swap out the Brave float and overall a new soundtrack would help. But then I guess that would pretty much be considered a major overhaul and close to a new parade in WDWs minds lol and im getting the impression thatā€™s not in their plans.

Iā€™d much rather them keep FoF as is if that means them moving forward with the nighttime parade idea. Especially the brand new one that was rumored pre covid! I believe marni hinted at that at one point. Of course in the perfect world both daytime and nighttime parades would be put back on the table and debut in 2022.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
A new opening float, smaller floats, swap out the Brave float and overall a new soundtrack would help. But then I guess that would pretty much be considered a major overhaul and close to a new parade in WDWs minds lol and im getting the impression thatā€™s not in their plans.

Iā€™d much rather them keep FoF as is if that means them moving forward with the nighttime parade idea. Especially the brand new one that was rumored pre covid! I believe marni hinted at that at one point. Of course in the perfect world both daytime and nighttime parades would be put back on the table and debut in 2022.
I would take FoF for another 10 years if it meant finally putting entertainment budget toward replacing VotLM and BatB.

TTA94

Once they get the go ahead to bring back HEA, shouldnā€™t that also mean FoF can return as well? I would think a go ahead of HEA = Approval of gatherings in the hub, or relaxed social distancing. So there shouldnā€™t be any difference between gatherings in the hub or along the parade route?

Touchdown

Once they get the go ahead to bring back HEA, shouldnā€™t that also mean FoF can return as well? I would think a go ahead of HEA = Approval of gatherings in the hub, or relaxed social distancing. So there shouldnā€™t be any difference between gatherings in the hub or along the parade route?
I would assume so, itā€™s easy to market ā€œthe magic is back both during the day and at nightā€

I think (assuming the stage is ready) the castle stage show and OUAT might debut before HEA and FOF as they could be performed multiple times to disperse the crowd but they just might do all 4 at once.

jrhwdw

I would take FoF for another 10 years if it meant finally putting entertainment budget toward replacing VotLM and BatB.
Wrong Park, wrong budget. I'm guessing? Let's get back to Day & Night Parade days before we worry about VOTLM/BATB, IMO.
I would assume so, itā€™s easy to market ā€œthe magic is back both during the day and at nightā€

I think (assuming the stage is ready) the castle stage show and OUAT might debut before HEA and FOF as they could be performed multiple times to disperse the crowd but they just might do all 4 at once.
Should we expect MRFF or a 50th Surprise?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom