The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I remember last week someone mentioned that they’re surprised “what’s coming” has been kept a secret. Day of and no frills or excitement, is there something else coming today that hasn’t been announced?
Nope
Because all 43 people who are still concerned about Covid didn’t show up to the parks today.

DUH
Exactly…

…but much of the rest of the world cared when it was time to plan/pay

DisneyCane

It’s not that crowded…

the park reservations have been nearly wide open in the runup.

you wanna know why?
Whatever the reason (COVID or the ever diminishing value), I would have thought today would have been an outlier crowded day. I guess they'll hold off launching Genie- until there are some crowds or they'll lie about the standby times and post 60 minutes when it's really 15.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Whatever the reason (COVID or the ever diminishing value), I would have thought today would have been an outlier crowded day. I guess they'll hold off launching Genie- until there are some crowds or they'll lie about the standby times and post 60 minutes when it's really 15.
I’m a little surprised at that too…

just got a text and it’s still not crowded. If it’s not at 12:24…it won’t be

though remember - 10/1/71 wasn’t crowded either…people expected it to be a mess
Like 7/17/55 and stayed away

Stupido

I really think the small crowds are primarily covid related. A lot of people just don't feel comfortable traveling right now, regardless of how badly they may have wanted to be there today. I think that once Covid is a little more under control, the parks are going to be unbearably packed with crowds of people who feel like they missed out.

Disney Analyst

What was the reason they pulled back on the articulated heads? I can't remember why they stopped using them.

Did they stop using them? They were in the old welcome show and castle shows.

This is the first anything at the castle stage since covid… I can only assume it’s cheaper to use the normal heads?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I really think the small crowds are primarily covid related. A lot of people just don't feel comfortable traveling right now, regardless of how badly they may have wanted to be there today. I think that once Covid is a little more under control, the parks are going to be unbearably packed with crowds of people who feel like they missed out.
Wdw travel is planned in booking windows…the primary is 18-12 months out…no luck there

the 3-6 months timeframe was pretty wrecked by delta…

numbers are easy to grasp and help us understand the world. There’s been a lot of denial “for the 50th” about this

Furiated

I think it’s the same QR code, they haven’t updated the sandwich boards in hours as far as I know the queue hasn’t reopened

Ah okay. I never got a chance to see it, every time I go by there's no code up, just the paper saying it's filled.

So if you already have the code you can just keep trying the link to see if there's any spots?

Someone upthread said they got in around 10:30 so they must have opened spots after it initially closed this morning

MagicHappens1971

Ah okay. I never got a chance to see it, every time I go by there's no code up, just the paper saying it's filled.

So if you already have the code you can just keep trying the link to see if there's any spots?

Someone upthread said they got in around 10:30 so they must have opened spots after it initially closed this morning
I just keep refreshing to see if there’s any spots. I’m hearing they’re selling everything at Epcot as well so I may try and head over there but idk if it’s a virtual queue as well

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom