The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

ToTBellHop

Anyone else in the same boat: Love seeing behind the scene specials but hear Whoopi Goldberg's voice and want to run away screaming? I understand ABC wants to use their highly paid on-air talent, but maybe it's time to get someone who has more general appeal to a modern audience?

The orchestra, performers, and castle look beautiful and it's a shame no visitors in the park get to see these performances! Side note: they should get more than just Christina back from the Mickey Mouse Club days. Where's Ryan, Justin, and Britney? ;)
What’s wrong with Whoopi?

Disneyson

Does anyone smarter than I know what attraction/singing group the Hollywood Studios/“red” outfit is meant to signal?

As for the food, MK really hit it out of the park, but I’m surprised the other parks didn’t do anything with their food options that referenced past attractions.

Epcot should have had a dish (or three) for Horizons, and something referencing the orange grove smell. A dreamfinder blimp dessert would have been nice, too, or a Maelstrom troll sweet.

Shocked that GMR and Catastrophe Canyon got no love. This is the park that feels least inventive, considering the amount of attractions that have been lost.

Would have loved a “water and light” surf’n’turf for Rivers of Light and definitely something Pocahontas or “camp s’mores”. Maybe a “dragon fire” flavored option.

Waters Back Side

I just want Bob Chapek to speak during the whole airing. Oh I just love me some Bob Chapek. I can never get enough of that man.

He would be getting booed loudly lol the entire time. It would look bad for WDW. Or in some ways good if it sent a message. But they would not set themselves up for that. Honestly he should not even show his face but it's the 50th so he will have to make an appearance. I'm curious to see the reaction.

Last edited:
A week after dedicating the Mickey and Minnie statues to Cast Members saying they are the "Heart of the magic" Disney has apparently today once again shown its true colours removing Cast Member discounts from newly released Merchandise. I've heard a few people say the first part today about the Vault collection, but have only heard about the second point from this one post.
1632875702978.png

Stevek

So did anyone else order the 50th anniversary book with Amazon telling you it would be arriving by 11pm tonight...and then "magically" changing to we have received your order and let you know when it ships? Ugh. 🤦‍♂️

CaptainAmerica

A week after dedicating the Mickey and Minnie statues to Cast Members saying they are the "Heart of the magic" Disney has apparently today once again shown its true colours removing Cast Member discounts from newly released Merchandise. I've heard a few people say the first part today about the Vault collection, but have only heard about the second point from this one post.
View attachment 589806
Bull.

vikescaper

So did anyone else order the 50th anniversary book with Amazon telling you it would be arriving by 11pm tonight...and then "magically" changing to we have received your order and let you know when it ships? Ugh. 🤦‍♂️
Yup! Happened to me, too, so I canceled my order and re-ordered it at Barnes and Noble.

BaymaxFan

Jokes aside I am genuinely curious, will there be a ceremony Friday morning? For every other major anniversary they've done one and usually they give a time a few days before but Disney has yet do mention one.

If there is a ceremony, what should we expect? What time? Just the ambassadors? Will D'Amaro and Chapek be there? I feel like naturally they would speak and say something but you never know anymore.

durangojim

Thinking about how awesome it would be for Julie Andrews to sing "When You wish Upon a Star" for the 50th, makes me still want to do serious harm to the Dr. who messed up her voice a few years ago when she went in for surgery. 😡
It is extremely common for the nerve that was damaged to become damaged during the procedure she had done. Every time I assisted on that surgery the patient was informed that there was a reasonable chance the nerve may be damaged. It’s about the thickness of a strand of dental floss and easily injured. It’s a shame what happened but not surprising or unexpected.

Homer fan

Yup, same happened to me....I ordered it 3 months ago!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom