The world with 2 children

Gentieno

Hello you all,

My wife 2 kids (2,5 year and 5 months when we are going) and I are planning to go to the world on the 26th of januari until the 9th of februari. Since we are coming from the Netherlands and it's a long travel I want to be sure that my stay is ok:ROFLOL:Are there people who have experience with going to the world with two of those kids?
How is the weather in that period, if I look to weatherunderground average temprature is around the 20 degrees celcius, i I would ay nice.

Do yoy guys have any tips for me?

I'm very grateful for all the tips you guys can give me

Greetings Dennis from Holland

(Sorry for the bad English, I hope you all understand bit's and pieces so you can answer correctly:eek:)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The weather during January and February last year was unseasonably cold. There were even snow flurries during January last year so I would prepare for both cold and mild weather.

Regarding children there are a couple of simple guide lines to follow to make your trip as tantrum free as possible. First and foremost you are on their schedule not yours. Take time out for breaks and naps. If you try to storm WDW like the beaches of Normandy one or both of them will eventually melt down and make your life miserable. Do not force them to go on attractions or have interactions with the characters. Lastly and most importantly just have fun. You do not have to rush around and do every attraction in the parks. Take some time to stop and smell the roses.

Upvote 0

Mukta

Welcome to the boards! I have visited your lovely country. While the weather will be chilly in Florida, it won't be any colder than it gets in the Netherlands.
Since the children are young, do some research ahead of time. Find out which attractions will be appealing to them. If the 2.5 year old is scared of the dark, don't take the child on Pirates or Haunted Mansion. Find out which attractions they can not ride at all due to height restrictions. Don't show them pictures of Splash Mountain when they are not tall enough to ride. Read some menus to find food they will enjoy.
Where are you staying?
The flight alone will disrupt their schedule. Watch them carefully and try to adhere to their schedule. If they are tired, make sure they get a nap. If your children are happy, the trip will be much more fun for you.

Upvote 0

Gentieno

Original Poster
Thanks for the first reactions. We 've been to eurodisney when my daughter was 1 year and had no problem at all. We did everything acording to her scedule.

We've also been to the world with her when see was 6 months old. No problems at all, we had one advantage my parents where with us.

This will be the first we're going with to childeren and we have no experience with that. So if there are people who went to the world with two childeren can advise please feel happy to react. We are not russhing to the world, we have a 10 day card so all in the in the world. We plan everything as easy as possible.

Now I read that last year it was very chilly in the world. But from what I read on wethear undergound the average tempreature was around the 15 degrees celcius. There was even a year there were days of 28 degrees celsius. In the morning and evening it would be cold but the rest of the day is pretty warm right?

Greetings, Dennis (From Holland)

Upvote 0

MaryJaneP

First visit w/kids was 3 daughters in February 1998, for 5 day at WDW. We drove down (2 days in car) and kids were 8, 5, 1.5. Stayed at Poly. Was cool, not cold. Schedule was morning = age appropriate rides (plenty of babyswap so older kids benefitted from 2 rides). Afternoon was back to the room and naps (us too!). Evening was as we felt, either park or not (we had park hopper). No Animal Kingdom then so MK, EP, and DHS (MGM then). Definitely rented double stroller for baby and even 5 yo sometimes joined her. Very enjoyable trip. Pix and video are priceless. Agree with all prior comments, schedule per youngest child. Youngest may not remember everything, but thats just a reason to visit again in a few years. You should be fine.

Upvote 0

Engine 51

If you or your wife do not mind going to the parks alone (some hate it), you may want to go by yourself to some of the bigger rides while the kids are napping or after bedtime. This will keep them from waiting around if you want to do something they are not big enough for.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom