The World in Our World - A Picture of the Day Thread

plaz10

Tide Mountain Spring laundry detergent on the hot cycle = Disney bus smell.

Not Disney bus full of sweaty people at the end of the day smell. But Disney bus first thing in the morning not very crowded, chilly smell. I can't describe it but the first time I did a load of white clothes w/this detergent I instantly thought "WOW smells like Disney bus!" Crazy? Probably. But I still sniff extra hard when I do whites.:lookaroun

MarkTwain

Let's see what I have in my photo collection...

5634529317_14399023af_z.jpg

Here's a picture of historic downtown Denver, probably one of the closest things to Main Street I've ever seen in person (string lights aside):

5635109920_0dd11b288b_z.jpg

A classic carousel in San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf (yeah, I'm that kind of tourist, hehe)... looks like something straight of Fantasyland, the Boardwalk, or DCA's Paradise Pier

5634527833_c3109a70da_z.jpg

A statue on an ancient temple in Kohunlich, Mexico, which reminds me of anything you might see in the Mexico pavilion

5635167380_6130428e81_z.jpg

The pavilion Buckminster Fuller designed for Montreal's 1967 World Expo, in Montreal, Quebec... shouldn't have to say what this reminds me of. :ROFLOL: Buckminster Fuller and his book Operating Manual for Spaceship Earth were major inspirations in the design of Epcot.

5635112570_9e095d8a84_z.jpg

I don't know why this alleyway in Charleston, South Carolina reminds of Disney so much, but it certainly did at the time. Kind of looks like something you might see at one of the Port Orleans resorts, or maybe at Disneyland's New Orleans Square.

5634527579_da757cb37c_z.jpg

Might be a bit obvious, but the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall definitely remind of Liberty Square and the American Adventure (you know you're a Disney fan when you think about it like that, and not the other way around. :lol:)

Finally, here's two pictures of a historic fort I went to into southern Colorado (supposedly the westernmost fort used in the Civil War). It was basically like stepping into a real-life Frontierland:

5635111318_08acdb6847_z.jpg

5635111734_5131e5b516_z.jpg

Well, might be a different take on this thread, but thought I'd share.

Skipper Dan

Original Poster
Let's see what I have in my photo collection...

5634529317_14399023af_z.jpg

Here's a picture of historic downtown Denver, probably one of the closest things to Main Street I've ever seen in person (string lights aside):

5635109920_0dd11b288b_z.jpg

A classic carousel in San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf (yeah, I'm that kind of tourist, hehe)... looks like something straight of Fantasyland, the Boardwalk, or DCA's Paradise Pier

5634527833_c3109a70da_z.jpg

A statue on an ancient temple in Kohunlich, Mexico, which reminds me of anything you might see in the Mexico pavilion

5635167380_6130428e81_z.jpg

The pavilion Buckminster Fuller designed for Montreal's 1967 World Expo, in Montreal, Quebec... shouldn't have to say what this reminds me of. :ROFLOL: Buckminster Fuller and his book Operating Manual for Spaceship Earth were major inspirations in the design of Epcot.

5635112570_9e095d8a84_z.jpg

I don't know why this alleyway in Charleston, South Carolina reminds of Disney so much, but it certainly did at the time. Kind of looks like something you might see at one of the Port Orleans resorts, or maybe at Disneyland's New Orleans Square.

5634527579_da757cb37c_z.jpg

Might be a bit obvious, but the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall definitely remind of Liberty Square and the American Adventure (you know you're a Disney fan when you think about it like that, and not the other way around. :lol:)

Finally, here's two pictures of a historic fort I went to into southern Colorado (supposedly the westernmost fort used in the Civil War). It was basically like stepping into a real-life Frontierland:

No, not at all! This is exactly what I'm talking about! Take pictures of things and places that remind you of WDW. You're right on track!

NiarrNDisney

YAY! :sohappy: This is in my neck of the woods Bents Fort right? Been there many times.

disney dharling

Music at the end of a Super 8 motel commercial sounded like it belonged in the loop for the Adventureland bridge. I can't tell you what else was in the commercial. I didn't pay any attention to it until that music started.

jjharvpro

Sounds, smells, and sights remind me of WDW so often! When I find a specific picture, I will try to remember to post it up here! GREAT idea!!

NewfieFan

Great thread idea!

I will have to keep my eyes peeled... we're always seeing hidden Mickey's in "real life"!

On a side note, the other day we were in the greenhouse/live plant section at a Kent store (building supply store) and the second we walked in the kids shout out this smells like the Land pavillion in Epcot. I think it reminded them of Living with the Land! I love raising up Disney geeks! :cool:

The Empress Lilly

101209122640--futuroscope.jpg

Futuroscope.

A 'Future World' like theme park in France. Futuristic pavilions around a geosphere-like central object.

What EPCOT could look like if it hadn't evolved in the cheap carnival version for parents who think kids need more cartoon fish, not inspirational edutainment.

CLandrum

This is a hotel by the Alanta airport, I think it is the Renaissance Hotel. Sorry for the poor quality. I snapped it from the plane before we were taking off. It reminds me of the Contemporary.

025.jpg

disneymommy24

This is such a neat thread! My husband and I always catch ourselves smelling "vacation" every now and then and by that we mean the smell of Disney...it's so funny how certain smells remind you of vacations passed. I am going to be keeping an eye out and posting some pics in this thread for sure :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom