The wonderful smell of Disney.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by WDWsmith2001
I think all of florida has a certain smell, I noticed it driving down last fall. Not a bad one, it might just be the humidity? But I agree the resorts and each ride has a distictive smell as well.
I love the smell of the Polynesian's lobby.

You beat me to it :) I also love the smell of the Polynesian lobby...and of course Main Street when you're standing in front of the bake shop :) (Even Downtown Disney has a smell...over near the Rainforest)

leeocean

The Main Street Confectionary - I'm a total junk food junkie. The smell brings back so many memories of so many different trips.

stingrock23

I agree there are distinct smells there. The haunted mansion smell always brings a smile, as does the monorail. The second i smell something at disney i recognize it. It always puts me in a good mood.

hosewater

I walked into the bathroom at Olive Garden the other day and I SWEAR it was like i had just walked through the automatic doors at the entrance to the Land pavillion. The smell just hit me. It was awesome!

EJ

Maria

Originally posted by leeocean
The Main Street Confectionary - I'm a total junk food junkie. The smell brings back so many memories of so many different trips.

Too much sugar and cookie smell makes me sick... I can only be around for a while... then I start looking for something spicy to eat! :rolleyes:

Steamboat_Kevin

I miss the smell of WDW so much! The Wilderness Lodge always has a great smell that smells like wood. I also love the smell of Main Street USA which smells like baked goods and Liberty Square smells like popcorn. Think about it, If you went to Universal Studios or Six Flags you would only get the smell of french fries and hamburgers, but at WDW there's no where that doesn't have a unique and good smell! Except maybe the stink bug in It's Tough to be a Bug. I know I am making kind of big deal over smells too. But I want to go back so bad! :(

DisneyWorldGuru

Original Poster
I think I have started something. I though it was only me. My non-WDW friends think I am nuts when I say something like "hey that smells like Disney World".

Kellylynn322, I thought that the Rain Forest Cafe in NJ closed. I know the one at Franklin Mills Mall in PA closed but I hope it is still open.

jennifersegrave

Oh My God. That is so funny that you hate that after a while. My fiance and my sister and her's miss that so much when we leave and it is a running joke that we always say that! I gues everyone's different. Thank God right? HAHA:lol:

The ultimate smell is that mechanical odor from the Monorail mixing with food coming from the Grand Canyon concourse.....particularly breakfast food. In fact, the whole Contemporary Resort has a great smell come to think of it!

jennifersegrave

SMELLS

The best smell for me is the smell you get in the stores where merchandise is sold. I love that new smell of everything. I thought we were the only ones who thought things smelled like Disney! It's so distinctive too!
:animwink:

DisneyWorldGuru

Original Poster
Originally posted by TheDisneyBoy
The ultimate smell is that mechanical odor from the Monorail mixing with food coming from the Grand Canyon concourse.....particularly breakfast food. In fact, the whole Contemporary Resort has a great smell come to think of it!

I agree. I hate to eat at Chef Mickey's because of it. You get the great taste of eggs and rubber.

CowGirlJessie

Originally posted by Becky

Wonderful (but sadly gone) smell, the orange blossoms on Horizons.

The were the ride always stops smell. Rome burning.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, the smell of orange blossoms on Horizons was the best smell in the world.....I wish they still had it....:cry:

Kellylynn322

Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru
I think I have started something. I though it was only me. My non-WDW friends think I am nuts when I say something like "hey that smells like Disney World".

Kellylynn322, I thought that the Rain Forest Cafe in NJ closed. I know the one at Franklin Mills Mall in PA closed but I hope it is still open.

I sure hope not. i was there a few weeks ago and booked my wedding rehersal dinner there. Maybe I should call.................

WDWsmith2001

I found a new smell, last time I was in the world I stayed at "Riverside" and the bridge/pool area has a distinctive creosote (sp?) and wood scent. I walked that section every morning before everyone got up, it was wonderful.

Figaro

Does anyone remember the really pretty scent in the original Journey into Imagination? I think it was in the room where everything was all white?

I loved that smell and I forgot all about it until about 2 years ago when I opened the box for my Lancome pressed powder. Smelled just like that room. It immediately bought back that scene to me.

My husband thinks I'm wierd because I save the boxes to sniff when I need a pick me up. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom