The Wilderness Lodge

Katief13

Original Poster
It's my favourite hotel of all. It's compact and comparatively quiet, relaxing, pretty, friendly and convenient. The only downside compared to the GF imo are the smaller rooms but I would much rather stay at the Lodge. The pool bar and QS are excellent. The boat to MK is a lovely trip but the bus is super quick, just a few minutes and the buses are empty. We usually use the bus when we are in a hurry, boat when we are not.

Hope you love it as much as I do.
Thank you so much I'm really looking forward to it

Future Imagineer

In the past we have stayed in the Grand Floridian but this year we have booked the Wilderness Lodge because its a bit cheaper. We've never stayed in the Wilderness Lodge and was just wondering is it a nice hotel???
Thanks in advance,katief
My family has been there 2 times and we loved our room, the pool, everything! The worst part is the buses will not come for 20 minutes but and the boat to the magic kingdom takes forever but that's the least of your worries!

experiment624

I'm with many of the others here, it is my favorite, no matter how many times I say I'm going to stay somewhere else, I end up there. In the beginning (after my first stay at WL), I thought that I wanted to stay at every resort at least once. For my second visit, I stayed at Coronado Springs and realized, I will only ever stay at a Deluxe, and then I tried Poly and then said, I will only stay at WL. Since then, I have always booked WL.

Smaller is better in this instance because everything is centrally located and convenient. It's quiet, beautiful, and relaxing. I loved Artist Point for a delicious, romantic dinner. The quick service was on the way to the boat to MK so we could grab a bite to eat while we waited for it.

Spike-in-Berlin

In the past we have stayed in the Grand Floridian but this year we have booked the Wilderness Lodge because its a bit cheaper. We've never stayed in the Wilderness Lodge and was just wondering is it a nice hotel???
Thanks in advance,katief

It's not nice. It's great! The most impressive lobby of any WDW resort creates already a great atmosphere around the day. The rooms are a little smaller and the major pool is too small for the size of the resort (a common problem in most deluxe resorts) but the atmosphere and theming of the entire place is more than a compensation for these minor flaws. There is quite a good CS restaurant available (not comparable to the food courts of the values of course but much better as e.g. the Yacht Club/Beach Club which do not offer any convenient CS food at all), the bus service to the MK is excellent, still good to the other parks (again compared with other deluxe resorts). We loved the WL and we would always return there.

Katief13

Original Poster
It's not nice. It's great! The most impressive lobby of any WDW resort creates already a great atmosphere around the day. The rooms are a little smaller and the major pool is too small for the size of the resort (a common problem in most deluxe resorts) but the atmosphere and theming of the entire place is more than a compensation for these minor flaws. There is quite a good CS restaurant available (not comparable to the food courts of the values of course but much better as e.g. the Yacht Club/Beach Club which do not offer any convenient CS food at all), the bus service to the MK is excellent, still good to the other parks (again compared with other deluxe resorts). We loved the WL and we would always return there.
thank you so much

bethymouse

WL is our 2nd fave.:) The boat launch to MK is great! The geyser is so pretty. You can see the electric water pageant from the beach. The quiet pool is very nice w/ jetted "spas" in it.:) The lobby is extraordinary! They say "Welcome Home" when you check in.:D Artist Point at Whispering Canyon Cafe are must do restaurants IMHO. ENJOY!:D

Spike-in-Berlin

WL is our 2nd fave.:) The boat launch to MK is great! The geyser is so pretty. You can see the electric water pageant from the beach. The quiet pool is very nice w/ jetted "spas" in it.:) The lobby is extraordinary! They say "Welcome Home" when you check in.:D Artist Point at Whispering Canyon Cafe are must do restaurants IMHO. ENJOY!:D

Yep. That's what I forgot to mention, the best cast members, especially at the reception and front desk, in any Disney resort at WDW where I have stayed already!

zero creativity

How quick and frequent is the boat to MK? Is that the only way to get to the park or are there buses to take you to MK. My wife is not a fan of boats.

WLBound

How quick and frequent is the boat to MK? Is that the only way to get to the park or are there buses to take you to MK. My wife is not a fan of boats.

You can catch a bus to MK from the WL. I can't remember if it makes any stops on the way. I want to say it does but that might have changed since we last stayed there.

SMRT-1Michael

Thanks in advance,katief

My absolute FAVORITE Resort at WDW! Completely Disney. IMO, I feel more at home here than any other Disney Resort

imagination30

wl is nice.. and location is super .. my family took my best friend for a graduation trip in 2010 . and the room and the food was excellent. had fun on that trip , even went to chef mickeys one morning and took the boat. over besides being prob the coldest morning in feb that year haha! . but very enjoyable stay..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom