The week before Christmas

graphite1326

I have a few questions on this week. We are palnning a trip to WDW on this week.

How busy is it during that time?

Do they film the parade during this week? I've heard they film it over several days.

How do I get a schedule for Mickeys Very Merry Christmas party?

Also, some friends have asked us to take them to WDW (first timers). They are very excited because we always have a good time. Any suggestions? We love going but we are addicts. I really want them to have a good time but you know how it is. I am afraid they won't feel the magic like we do.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
1. Pretty busy, with crowds growing larger each day closer to Christmas.
2. The parade is filmed in the beginning of December.
3. The schedule for this year is not available yet, but you may be able to find last year's by searching this site or allears.net

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

The filming of the parade like said above it the first week end in Dec. The crowd will be a 10 out of a ten. Magic Kingdom Park the worse. Christmas Day will be super crowds with closings due to capacity. The Christmas Party is only thru December 20th.

Upvote 0

graphite1326

Original Poster
The filming of the parade like said above it the first week end in Dec. The crowd will be a 10 out of a ten. Magic Kingdom Park the worse. Christmas Day will be super crowds with closings due to capacity. The Christmas Party is only thru December 20th.
This would be the week of the 15th. We would be leaving the 19th or the 20th.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

This would be the week of the 15th. We would be leaving the 19th or the 20th.

That'll be better than Xmas through NYE week. We were there December 14-16 last year and the only park that was out of control was the MK on a day that they weren't having the Xmas Party, presumably because it was the only night amongst the few surrounding it where people could stay for night time parades and fireworks without the party tickets (like us). But by arriving before rope drop and making smart use of FPs that day, we got to do everything we wanted to and more. You may find it more crowded the closer you get to Xmas.

Make sure you take your friends to see the Osborne Lights at DHS. And check out the chocolate carousel at the Beach Club and the life size gingerbread house at the GF.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Other PPs have already chimed in on your questions, and the answers all sound solid.

RE things for the first timers - Remember that they may not be used to your touring style. If you are normally commando style, that could crush their poor spirits. Take time to go at their pace. By all means, crank through the biggies, but also let them take some time to wander and explore. Discuss your plans, and make sure they know exactly what they are in for. Allow them the option of time by themselves, or schedule time back at the resort to let them recoup. And talk time to enjoy the parks through their eyes.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I have a few questions on this week. We are palnning a trip to WDW on this week.

How busy is it during that time?

Do they film the parade during this week? I've heard they film it over several days.

How do I get a schedule for Mickeys Very Merry Christmas party?

Also, some friends have asked us to take them to WDW (first timers). They are very excited because we always have a good time. Any suggestions? We love going but we are addicts. I really want them to have a good time but you know how it is. I am afraid they won't feel the magic like we do.

We went during this time - returning home on Dec 23. And early in our week it was not that busy. By mid day the 22nd, it was starting to pick up. I think it also makes a difference what day Christmas falls on. If it is say on a Wednesday, then you will have a lot of people there before and after. But the year we went, it was on a Monday. So the week prior was pretty much low key as no one was there for the holidays yet. As for the parade - no, they usually do that early December I think. And the MVMCP dates will be released but if you want an idea of when they will be, you can search historical dates and touringplans.com also has an idea (you have to pay for touringplans.com though).

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

We went the week before Christmas a couple of years ago and left on the 23 and the crowds really were not bad at all until about the 21. It still was not very bad the last couple of days it seemed like the huge crowds were coming in on the day we left.

Upvote 0

graphite1326

Original Poster
We went the week before Christmas a couple of years ago and left on the 23 and the crowds really were not bad at all until about the 21. It still was not very bad the last couple of days it seemed like the huge crowds were coming in on the day we left.

That's great news. I was getting worried with the comments above.

Upvote 0

luv

Christmas week is the busiest of the year. Prepare your friends for LONG waits for everything - rides, bathrooms, food, paying for souvenirs.

The parade will be done filming long before you arrive.

If you're there Christmas week, you'll be able to see the parade and fireworks without having to pay for the party.

Upvote 0

graphite1326

Original Poster
Christmas week is the busiest of the year. Prepare your friends for LONG waits for everything - rides, bathrooms, food, paying for souvenirs.

The parade will be done filming long before you arrive.

If you're there Christmas week, you'll be able to see the parade and fireworks without having to pay for the party.

I won't be there Christmas week. It's the week before

Upvote 0

graphite1326

Original Poster
I have another question then; on the days of the Christmas party at MK, Since the park will close early will it be less busy? I was thinking maybe that would be a good day to go and then hop over to another park in the evening.

Upvote 0

ginadee

Up until the week of christmas is listed as one of the least crowded of the yr. Then the week of christmas is listed as the busiest of the yr.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom