The wave?

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
How is that even possible?! Doesn't disney own EVERYTHING lol?!?! I'm really excited about this meal now!!!

They don't actually own everything, but they do own most things. Yak and Yeti, T-Rex, and Rainforest Cafe are owned by Landry's. The shops in several countries at Epcot are not owned by Disney either, which is why you can't get AP discounts at some of them.

Lad

Have only dined at Wave once but not a huge fan. Aside from the entrance tunnel and lounge area, it doesn't have much to offer in the way of atmosphere or ambiance. I also found service to be a bit lacking and the food was nothing special.

I ate at both Kona Cafe and The Wave on our most recent trip (over Christmas/New Years). While I enjoyed both, I can't say I would do The Wave again. There wasn't anything wrong with our experience (food, atmosphere and service were all fine) but nothing about it stood out to me as a place I'd want to go back to. I enjoyed Kona (despite the dated feel and open to the lobby location). I haven't seen their new menu, but it's a restaurant I would return to. Yak and Yeti was not on our radar and we just happened to stop there for lunch one day. Holy mackerel! It was far and away my favorite of the three. My other suggestion, if you'll be in the AK area is Saana. The food and service was exceptional and it gave us a chance to see the Kidani Village.

ELG13

Original Poster
I ate at both Kona Cafe and The Wave on our most recent trip (over Christmas/New Years). While I enjoyed both, I can't say I would do The Wave again. There wasn't anything wrong with our experience (food, atmosphere and service were all fine) but nothing about it stood out to me as a place I'd want to go back to. I enjoyed Kona (despite the dated feel and open to the lobby location). I haven't seen their new menu, but it's a restaurant I would return to. Yak and Yeti was not on our radar and we just happened to stop there for lunch one day. Holy mackerel! It was far and away my favorite of the three. My other suggestion, if you'll be in the AK area is Saana. The food and service was exceptional and it gave us a chance to see the Kidani Village.
What's kidani village? Still need to research AK...never been before!!

danyoung56

What's kidani village? Still need to research AK...never been before!!

It's like another hotel right next to Jambo House. I think it's all DVC - someone correct me if I'm wrong. In the lobby of Kidani Village is the incredible Sanaa restaurant.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
It's like another hotel right next to Jambo House. I think it's all DVC - someone correct me if I'm wrong. In the lobby of Kidani Village is the incredible Sanaa restaurant.
Actually, it's downstairs from the lobby, but you are absolutely correct that it is incredible!

jmrdv

Skipper Canteen has pretty good food, a nice atmosphere and is a pleasant place to eat.
Kona Cafe USED to have great food but the new menu destroyed the place.
O'Hana is still good even though they no longer marinate the shrimp in that wonderfully spicy marinade. I keep hoping they will bring it back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom