News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

erasure fan1

That would be dumb. It is essentially done at this point so why not make some money on it? The people who are going to hate it no matter what already do so not much downside at this point.
The downside is if it is terrible, then you have the constant very public, Disney is failing narrative. At least on D+ the remakes seem to be forgotten about fairly quickly. Of course this has had a pretty public rocky start so it might not matter either way. But I'd still think D+ is the least negative option.

Tha Realest

Wheeeewwww Doggie…look at that stock

Surely a luxury expense like a D+ subscription and a WDW vacation is more than manageable by the top 3%….

1695752938247.png

ABQ

Wow, so to close above 79.99 required a late day buying frenzy. That is ridiculous. If anyone has an argument to say why the entire Board of Directors and Bob ought NOT to be tossed out immediately, make your say, as I cannot see any reason whatsoever that they should be retained one day longer.

1695758537176.png

Tha Realest

Just for reference - here are the facts:

$110 below the “Covid spike” high point
$40-45 below the pre-Covid trading range
The same price as March 2014

So If there’s a case to be made why Iger is still there and the board isn’t taking action…I’d love to hear it?
The board is there because of Iger, knows nothing other than him, and is incapable of considering any alternatives.

Lilofan

Just for reference - here are the facts:

So If there’s a case to be made why Iger is still there and the board isn’t taking action…I’d love to hear it?
Iger in so many words at a billionaire investor conference out West advised in an interview of the idea of selling assets. Perhaps waiting for the hammer to fall . Selling assets to raise cash can at times boost stock price but at the expense of a number of jobs lost in the process.

Dranth

Just for reference - here admire the facts:

I’m not going to defend Iger as he has made plenty of bad decisions or at least allowed plenty of bad decisions to be made but the stock issue goes beyond him at this point. You of all people know that as you pointed out many times in the past how overvalued Disney was.

Besides, you really think a new CEO would impact the market at all other than a small bump either direction? I don't. What are they going to announce? New park spending, Iger did that and the stock went down. New movies based on well-loved franchises, they did that, didn’t help much. New original IP to expand the portfolio, did that and people didn't show up. Layout the ground work and time table for streaming, did that and despite them looking like they will make their profitability goals, it hasn't helped. Announce you are looking into selling dying assets, stock barely moves or drops.

Sure, I'd like a new management team but the stock is not a great measure for anything other than how Wall Street is feeling which is not at all aligned with what fans want. If it was, then technically Chapek is the best CEO and you can’t possibly believe that.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m not going to defend Iger as he has made plenty of bad decisions or at least allowed plenty of bad decisions to be made but the stock issue goes beyond him at this point. You of all people know that as you pointed out many times in the past how overvalued Disney was.

Besides, you really think a new CEO would impact the market at all other than a small bump either direction? I don't. What are they going to announce? New park spending, Iger did that and the stock went down. New movies based on well-loved franchises, they did that, didn’t help much. New original IP to expand the portfolio, did that and people didn't show up. Layout the ground work and time table for streaming, did that and despite them looking like they will make their profitability goals, it hasn't helped. Announce you are looking into selling dying assets, stock barely moves or drops.

Sure, I'd like a new management team but the stock is not a great measure for anything other than how Wall Street is feeling which is not at all aligned with what fans want. If it was, then technically Chapek is the best CEO and you can’t possibly believe that.

I don’t disagree with any of that…

But once you’re in “the game”…you’re in it.

Fans are just now realizing Iger took what they wanted - a creative company - away from them about 10 years ago. As they cheered.

Once you’re a conglomerate, high roller in capital and markets…you don’t “downshift”

You grow or you sell yourself to be picked apart.

That’s where we are. If I had to bet if Disney would exist in 8-10 years beyond the branding?
…you won’t like my bet.

Vegas Disney Fan

If anyone has an argument to say why the entire Board of Directors and Bob ought NOT to be tossed out immediately, make your say, as I cannot see any reason whatsoever that they should be retained one day longer.

The only argument I can make is the lack of a replacement.

There is no one in the pipeline so it would take months to get them up to speed. Even if they announced a successor tomorrow it would probably take several months for them to be fully briefed on everything currently in the works.

Executives are dropping like flies at Disney, cant have new replacements everywhere at the same time or things are bound to fall through the cracks.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The only argument I can make is the lack of a replacement.

There is no one in the pipeline so it would take months to get them up to speed. Even if they announced a successor tomorrow it would probably take several months for them to be fully briefed on everything currently in the works.

Executives are dropping like flies at Disney, cant have new replacements everywhere at the same time or things are bound to fall through the cracks.

Funny how when you’re in charge…and you refuse to find a replacement…when the time comes…there’s no replacement

Who’da thunk it?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is a feature, not a bug, of his tenures. That was supposed to be his number 1 priority. Instead, he secured himself another extension.
As the legend - which happens to be 100% true - has it:

The deal cut between he, Roy and Eisner after the proxy fight was that he SPECIFICALLY would have one and discontinue the oligarchy that had grown around Eisner

Eisner left
Roy left
Bob lied

Period. No Disney “fans” should support him for this alone. He’s running your precious lifeforce company straight to hell.

You support Bob now…frankly you are not a Disney fan.

Other people in Hollywood and Manhattan can run companies. Find one or two and end this

orky8

I expect a new CEO to restore faith in the organization so that when they announce something, it’s meaningful and taken seriously. And then through consistent and concerted action, restore the organization to one that creates content and experiences that will drive profitability and growth.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I expect a new CEO to restore faith in the organization so that when they announce something, it’s meaningful and taken seriously. And then through consistent and concerted action, restore the organization to one that creates content and experiences that will drive profitability and growth.
…so you’re a “dreamer”, huh? 🤪

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom