News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

Vegas Disney Fan

Iger has 9 lives , at this point maybe more. Whatever happens if he's going to leave if that he going out with a huge parting gift.
I still don’t know why he came back, an old man with hundreds of million of dollars in the bank and no time to enjoy it.

I know people get off on power but given his unlimited bank account I’d rather have free time.

Lilofan

I still don’t know why he came back, an old man with hundreds of million of dollars in the bank and no time to enjoy it.

I know people get off on power but given his unlimited bank account I’d rather have free time.
Iger is 74 and his 2 kids are in their early 20s. His money will outlive him. Enjoy his time with his family and whatever wealthy ones do in retirement.

Nubs70

Anyone “internal” would appear to be “hired to be fired” from the jump.

They are making a mistake

Though Walden has a better shot that tight pants
As the accountabilities as CEO of $DIS is greater than simply parks, Walden has connections and relationships that satisfy many of Chapek's deficiencies outlined in th Palace Coup article.

Dranth

Same but I don't think that is how the types who end up running companies like Disney work. They are just wired differently in many cases.

In Iger's case, if we want to believe the article, he asked for no payment coming back (which the board rejected) and his main motivation was more a sense of obligation to fix things and save the company from the spiral it was in. We can all argue with what he thinks will "fix" things or how he helped create the situation to begin with or even if his view of himself as a savior is just ego manifest with no basis in reality but I don't doubt that money was never a motivation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom