News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

Nubs70

Right so your 14%, was the post sarcasm? I usually can see it
Not sarcasm. From the graph posted, all the nice price jumps in between mean nothing to the buy n hold player. Now if you are a short seller/market timer, there is an argument that Bob could be your guy.

By average, I was referring to the average stock gain over the 2014 to 2024 time period which came in at about 12.5%

TrainsOfDisney

Instead of comparing Disney too the index, can we compare it to other entertainment and experience companies? Probably a better argument.

I don't know who those companies are though.
I thought about that but nobody is really directly comparable. Comcast would be the closest I suppose.

BrianLo

Comcast is only up 40% on Disney on a ten year scale, and this was essentially the same levels a month ago.

Wall Street is really only evaluating Bob on his timescales of overseeing the company anyways. His start to 2019, Fall 2022-now.

The former timescale was already declared a success, it’s this new one where scrutiny will certainly start to rebuild… but again, I don’t think this current stock price is really going to stick through their next earnings guidance.

TrainsOfDisney

The former timescale was already declared a success, it’s this new one where scrutiny will certainly start to rebuild…
The first one was fueled by hope and early good decisions. Buying Pixar, Lucas, and Marvel were good decisions that all paid off…. At first.

Some of the early investments in the parks were pretty solid (DCA 2.0, Avatar, Star Wars should have been….)

But then things really started taking a turn -

BrianLo

But then things really started taking a turn -

Which coincides with a different CEO as far as Wall Street is concerned.

I know the users here feel otherwise… but that’s how he is being judged.

It’s really not unfair to say that Disney company peaked in 2019. In part that was by design for Bob’s exit strategy. I don’t think Iger gets a free pass personally, but I think there were some real legitimate decisions made by Chapek that have landed us here. That I don’t think would have been Iger strategies if he had still been in control. Those bad decisions keep mounting in hindsight.

I still feel the one truly definable decision I can ascribe to Chapek, that I think was good, that I don’t as strongly believe Iger would have done, was purchasing the Genting Global Dream.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Which coincides with a different CEO as far as Wall Street is concerned.

I know the users here feel otherwise… but that’s how he is being judged.

It’s really not unfair to say that Disney company peaked in 2019. In part that was by design for Bob’s exit strategy. I don’t think Iger gets a free pass personally, but I think there were some real legitimate decisions made by Chapek that have landed us here. That I don’t think would have been Iger strategies if he had still been in control. Those bad decisions keep mounting in hindsight.

I still feel the one truly definable decision I can ascribe to Chapek, that I think was good, that I don’t as strongly believe Iger would have done, was purchasing the Genting Global Dream.

Disney doesn’t turn on a dime…so if it “peaked” on paper in 2019…the wheels were turning several years before. They really started to run out of steam around 2015 objectively…decline interest started in that ballpark.

And to that “it takes time”

Slaphead has some public snafus that cause damage…but he didn’t have enough time to scratch the surface really.

And he never had the board…not for one second.

When somebody like Sue Arnold tells you who they are…believe them

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom