News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Why would insiders like this guy traffic in such specious claims?

View attachment 773791
I guess they made up.

Indeed, George has been invited and participated in the D+ series.

George isn't on the internet constantly complaining about everything happening in Star Wars. Unlike some others we know.

Or... as I already mentioned, if George is still mad at Iger, he sure isn't showing it now, or thinks Peltz is significantly worse.

Robbiem

Maybe George was promised something if he backed Iger like Dave Filloni being put in charge of star wars going forward or more creative input?

Maybe Bob promised George he could be the next CEO 😂✌️

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
I think he loves that his stock has risen after Kathy and her manboy directors drove the train into the ravine

He’s no longer the “problem”
He’s been “retired” for a decade already right? This has to be one of the few times (if ever ?) he’s made or approved a statement on his behalf about TWDC and even more specifically on Iger.

Casper Gutman

Its not some conspiracy, or even Lucas getting some kickback or favor from Iger.

Lucas is married to Mellody Hobson who is on the board of JP Morgan, who's CEO Jamie Dimon just backed Iger. Wall St is backing Iger, and has now used Lucas as a mouth piece to do it. That is all.
Wall St, the entertainment industry, the creative community, the trade press... everyone is backing Iger because the stakes are incredibly clear. The only folks who aren't are either financially connected directly to Trian or Blackwell or are entirely motivated by a political agenda... or are just incandescently angry and unable to think through the consequences of their actions.

Casper Gutman

You think that it’s completely normal and routine that someone, who has deliberately stayed out of company issues and kept to himself about virtually every aspect of the company he sold his livelihood to, randomly and apparently spontaneously comes out with a carefully crafted statement, which practically sounds like it was written for him by corporate PR, in the middle of an organized campaign to defend Bob?

Out of the goodness of his heart?

Just continue to be naive I guess?
This is not a normal and routine situation. This is an incredibly high profile boardroom battle in which the future of one of the most storied entertainment companies in Hollywood - the one that controls Lucas's legacy - is in danger. It's a REALLY BIG DEAL to anyone involved with entertainment or Wall Street. It is completely logical that Lucas would care.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Its not some conspiracy, or even Lucas getting some kickback or favor from Iger.

Lucas is married to Mellody Hobson who is on the board of JP Morgan, who's CEO Jamie Dimon just backed Iger. Wall St is backing Iger, and has now used Lucas as a mouth piece to do it. That is all.
That’s excellent sleuthing 👍🏻

There’s always something…she was to run the museum foundation he was gonna build in Chicago…so apparently that was too boring and went to to the board of one of the biggest bloodsuckers…ummm…I mean…”banks” on earth

Good to know

monothingie

Premium Member
This is not a normal and routine situation. This is an incredibly high profile boardroom battle in which the future of one of the most storied entertainment companies in Hollywood - the one that controls Lucas's legacy - is in danger. It's a REALLY BIG DEAL to anyone involved with entertainment or Wall Street. It is completely logical that Lucas would care.
Over dramatizing much? Even if lunatic Peltz got both seats, what difference would it make, other than being a blow to Bob’s ego?
Also, we once again see the convenient switching between absolute naivete and maximum cynicism, a popular modern tactic - shucks, lil' ol Trian couldn't do no damage anyway... and EVERYTHING'S A CONSPIRACY.
George putting out his statement isn’t a conspiracy, it’s part of an organized marketing campaign to defend Bob. I’m sure he’s getting something nice for his troubles.

monothingie

Premium Member

There’s always something…she was to run the museum foundation he was gonna build in Chicago…so apparently that was too boring and went to to the board of one of the biggest bloodsuckers…ummm…I mean…”banks” on earth

Good to know
JP Morgan analysts saw a 50% upside for $DIS in September 2023…oh well.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Good to know
She also has experience in Hollywood, having run Dreamworks Animation for a number years prior to it being acquired by Comcast. And is listed on Forbes most powerful women list. So if she is pushing Lucas to publicly back Iger then you know the alternatives aren't being looked at favorably by Wall St.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom