News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

Kamikaze

Are we pretending that “dilute or destroy the brand” isn’t item number one on Peltz’s business plan?
He just needs to strap a 'SaveDisney' slogan on what he wants and the Disney 'fans' will follow him anywhere, just like last time.

You have to remember that most of the people who are posting about this are either children or have the financial education of children.

Kamikaze

They are not building a single thing in those locations.

They're licensing the brand and providing theming and the 'story' aspect of the locations.

Lilofan

He just needs to strap a 'SaveDisney' slogan on what he wants and the Disney 'fans' will follow him anywhere, just like last time.

You have to remember that most of the people who are posting about this are either children or have the financial education of children.
Save Disney was spearheaded by Roy ( RIP ) and Stanley Gold. It assured the downfall of Eisner and he was successfully forced out and Eisner resigned. Peltz doesn't have that magic to pull that off.

el_super

Save Disney was spearheaded by Roy ( RIP ) and Stanley Gold. It assured the downfall of Eisner and he was successfully forced out and Eisner resigned. Peltz doesn't have that magic to pull that off.

Eisner resigned and was replaced with Iger, who was almost exactly like Eisner.

And now people want Iger out and he will be replaced with ... someone just like him.

Thinking that a singular person has full say and control over a company the size of Disney, and that all the "problems" are a direct result of one person's actions, is what turns out to be the most naive and childish take of the fan community.

Then flash forward 20 years and see the people complaining about how the current CEO doesn't understand the company, and things were so much better during Iger's time.

Stripes

Premium Member
I just gave you the formula!!

If I can figure it out at my low IQ, this will be easy for you and you can learn a new skill!!
It was a rhetorical question. I already know the answer. Between September 2005 and February 2020, Disney’s TSR was more than double the TSR of the S&P 500.

Tha Realest

They are not building a single thing in those locations.

They're licensing the brand and providing theming and the 'story' aspect of the locations.
And yet it merited prominent mention as one of the few things Disney was bringing on board in 2024.

1704472451376.png

I’m heartened WDI has shovels in the ground somewhere. I just wish it was in DCA, DHS, and DAK as opposed to these disparate communities.

Kamikaze

Its literally the same thing. Just without a 'Disney' to back it.

pdude81

Its literally the same thing. Just without a 'Disney' to back it.
Peltz got handled in the first round and is not on the board, nor did he work for the company, nor is he a Disney. What do you think is the same besides the two word title you suggested?

Tha Realest

Do you say WDI is 'building' the cruise ships? Of course not. They're on this list too.
Disney partners with construction and subcontractors and manufacturers for all of the projects they build, whether they’re parks or cruise lines or DVC. It’s really not that difficult, unless you really think the contributions of someone like Wing Chao is insignificant as compared to Fincantieri Marghera.

Tell me again where in DHS, DAK, or DCA we can see some tangible, shovels in ground, projects being spearheaded by WDI.

The Lochness Monsta

I hate how Bob Iger blames Chapek for everything, even though he's made most of the bad decisions the past 5 years. Chapek must have signed something before he left that makes it so he can't say anything. So Iger is using that to try and get off scott free.

Fire Iger

Stripes

Premium Member
Then why did you ask me, do you have a point?
Over Iger’s nearly 15 year tenure as CEO, Disney’s total shareholder return outpaced the total shareholder return of the S&P500 by over 200%.

Put simply, the company and all of its competitors are in the midst of the greatest disruption to their existing business model in a generation and, for whatever reason, you want to ignore 15 years of astonishing financial and cultural success and chalk up the recent decline in their financial health to someone who transformed the company into the most powerful and successful entertainment company in the world, while ignoring the obvious challenges facing the entire legacy media industry due to COVID, the rapid decline in cable TV subscribers, and the need to invest significant cash into the pivot from a declining business (linear TV) to a growing business (streaming).

SpectreJordan

Disney partners with construction and subcontractors and manufacturers for all of the projects they build, whether they’re parks or cruise lines or DVC. It’s really not that difficult, unless you really think the contributions of someone like Wing Chao is insignificant as compared to Fincantieri Marghera.

Tell me again where in DHS, DAK, or DCA we can see some tangible, shovels in ground, projects being spearheaded by WDI.
They have an Avengers ride they've been talking about for half a decade now...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom