News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

TrainsOfDisney

I think the biggest mistake that Disney has made with streaming is the mentality of needing to compete with Netflix in both pricing, and amount of content.

In my opinion it has cheapened the Disney brand to put other studio films right next to Disney (ice age, snoopy, etc.) - and honestly Disney+ should have cost MORE than Netflix for just the Disney content.

Now if Disney as the larger company wanted to include Disney+ as an add on to Hulu and dump all the other stuff they own into Hulu to try to make that a Netflix competitor that’s a different discussion.

denyuntilcaught

I think the biggest mistake that Disney has made with streaming is the mentality of needing to compete with Netflix in both pricing, and amount of content.

In my opinion it has cheapened the Disney brand to put other studio films right next to Disney (ice age, snoopy, etc.) - and honestly Disney+ should have cost MORE than Netflix for just the Disney content.
Agreed. I think one of the biggest mistakes Iger has made was misunderstanding how to handle the Disney brand and the value in differentiation.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

MR.Dis

Has there been any news how Steve Jobs widow is going to vote--I believe she is still the single largest Disney stock holder.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Has there been any news how Steve Jobs widow is going to vote--I believe she is still the single largest Disney stock holder.
His 137 million shares of stock was placed into The Steven P. Jobs Trust. I have no idea if his widow has any control over those votes, nor is there any apparently recent (within the past 10 years) information about that trust.

JoeCamel

As of November 2022, the Jobs Trust held more than all of those, unless the trust has divested some of the stock by now.
This is what I see as of March '23 for top five

Screenshot 2024-01-03 170715.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom