Pre-Trip The wait, who is coming and where are we staying PTR Part 2

Hi! Its me again! I am indeed going on a trip in a few weeks but I also have another trip coming up and I wanted to do a PTR to help organize my thoughts :joyfull:
So here we go!
Is it ever an entire family trip without confusion?
Some of you may remember our last big family trip in November of 2016. It was filled with last minute additions to the trip, at least 3 different resort changes, split stays because of resort changes etc etc.
THIS time I was prepared though. This trip has been in the works for at least 3.5 years (I will explain more on that later). We picked out the dates months and months ago....made sure it worked for everyone who wanted to come...booked rooms way back in July...and I gave EVERYONE involved a deadline for changes to who was coming. This deadline was the day before the 180 day booking window so that dining reservations would be all set..............................but were we all set?

On a random side note I was just looking back at my old TRs and my pictures are gone :cry::cry::cry:
Anyway...

Lets start with why?:
Many moons ago when we were on our Princess Half Marathon trip we dreamed up this vacation. This was before we would fall into the Disney trap and go all the time so we thought we would plan a trip 3 years from then so that we wouldn't be sad :joyfull::joyfull: Funny that we went on 12 trips (and one Disneyland one) between then and now!
Anyway, the plan was we would go back to Disney to celebrate my Mom's 5 Year Cancer Free Anniversary. Technically we can't officially say she is 5 years yet so for now we will be saying 4 years until its true...but 5 years is a huge reason to celebrate cancer free because the risk of relapse drastically falls! So, my Mom always said when/if she makes it to 5 years we HAVE to celebrate in Disney :)
IMG_5190.JPG

IMG_5177.JPG

Well, I think I will stop here for now to organize the pictures I want to use. I will leave you in suspense of the drama :p

Next up: who...and another reason why

Rista1313

So I was just watching one of your youtube videos from last year, I noticed that you and your mom were both wearing your magic bands with the mickey head facing away from you. Does it matter which way you wear them? (sorry for the n00b question!)

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Hello there! I am a fellow Buffalonian and YouTuber! I am glad I had found your PTR. Looking forward for the adventures to come! So glad for your mom's news of being 5 years cancer free!

Man, you Buffalonians are really taking over this group!!! Almost as much as us Pennsylvanians!! :cool: (@blgauger - I still count you as a Pennsylvanian.)

Don't get me started on those GA folk!! :p

Doc Disney

Original Poster
So I was just watching one of your youtube videos from last year, I noticed that you and your mom were both wearing your magic bands with the mickey head facing away from you. Does it matter which way you wear them? (sorry for the n00b question!)

I always wear it like that because I feel like its less awkward for me to turn my wrist that way to tap the MB - but now that it doesn't have to be exactly Mickey to Mickey anymore it doesn't matter (but I'm a creature of habit :joyfull:)

Man, you Buffalonians are really taking over this group!!! Almost as much as us Pennsylvanians!! :cool: (@blgauger - I still count you as a Pennsylvanian.)

Don't get me started on those GA folk!! :p

woohoo Buffalo

Rista1313

I always wear it like that because I feel like its less awkward for me to turn my wrist that way to tap the MB - but now that it doesn't have to be exactly Mickey to Mickey anymore it doesn't matter (but I'm a creature of habit :joyfull:

Oh ok... I could see how it would be easier if the mickeys heads had to be both the same direction when scanning, but you're saying that it doesn't matter?

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Thank you! We are Ears to Disney on YouTube.

I subscribed to you from my YouTube :) (D.O. Disney - in case you are like who is this?!)

Oh ok... I could see how it would be easier if the mickeys heads had to be both the same direction when scanning, but you're saying that it doesn't matter?

I dont think it matters as much as it used to - it used to be exactly Mickey to Mickey but now I think you just have to hover over it in the general area

I've been keeping up with your IG posts! I can't believe how close you are!

I know me neither :jawdrop:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom