The Void going away?

Cmdr_Crimson

Who says Disney pulled the rug out and it wasn't The Void who decided to stop trading in this location?
It was due to a license agreement breach...

Jon81uk

It was due to a license agreement breach...

Okay, its just that it was Disney Studios that pulled the rights. Not anything to do with parks and resorts. So I assume it affects The Void locations worldwide and their ability to run the content based on Disney/Lucasfilm properties.

Cmdr_Crimson

Okay, its just that it was Disney Studios that pulled the rights. Not anything to do with parks and resorts. So I assume it affects The Void locations worldwide and their ability to run the content based on Disney/Lucasfilm properties.
Their site is still up. But, yes the Disney related ones were removed...Yet their locations are still on their list for both DTD and DS..

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Their site is still up. But, yes the Disney related ones were removed...Yet their locations are still on their list for both DTD and DS..
The VOID's websites were always as much of a deviously intricate maze with deadends as their VR simulations.

Cmdr_Crimson

And yet..We could have kept Disneyquest and Gameworks-it up with a sports bar and better games..All we have now is NoBody Around Experience that isn't even open either...

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Seems like The Void as a whole is dead sadly. Their website is no longer active...

We checked out the Avengers: Damage Control experience for the first and only time at the newly (at the time) opened VOID location near Washington DC in late Feb of 2020... I only now realize how lucky we were with that timing... it was a really amazing experience... really bummed that I'll never get to experience it again...

SteveAZee

Sad to see the Void close. Technically, it was one of the most impressive and unique experiences I've ever done.
I enjoyed it a lot as well. I would guess that the good news is that the technology will only get better and cheaper (and lighter, I hope). I would think that there will be more attempts at this in the near future, assuming the threat of COVID or whatever follows it doesn't make people skittish about donning gear, helmets etc.

RSoxNo1

Bumping this as it seems a VOID experience (or an equivalent) is returning to Disneyland...

Surferboy567

Bumping this as it seems a VOID experience (or an equivalent) is returning to Disneyland...

I have played Vader Immortal on quest, and it was a fantastic experience. I haven’t gave Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge a go yet. I do miss the void though, Vader Immortal is a similar experience minus the effects of course.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

It's just a VR video game designed to be played at home. This is just a teaser experience of it in order to sell it to the teeming millions.

So, alas, it's not like the excellent experience The Void provided.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom