The Void going away?

Darth Snips

Original Poster

There doesn't seem to be much info at the moment, but it looks like the VOID at Downtown Disney and Disney Springs may be shutting down. There's been a notice placed on the door at the DD location stating that Disney is "terminating the lease".

Not sure what this means, but I'd be really sad to see this business go away. They provide a great product at a pretty decent price. I got to do Secrets of the Empire a couple of times and it was really great! Hope they can work something out.

Jon81uk

EPCOT's Play Pavilion or whatever it's called could use it!

It would only really work as an additional cost experience as it is hard to scale virtual reality up to cope with masses of people. So its better left as an extra cost experience outside the park. Assuming it can operate once Covid is gone and the company doesn't go bust in the meantime.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Any update to this? Something doesn’t seem right about all this.
It seems about 1000% right to me...how can this still work?
no update so far, gone very quiet.
Any update is appreciated as always.
It’s super strange, wondering what is going on. I really liked the Void.
Me too...we did it 3 times over the last year and a half...twice in Orlando and in vegas. Glad we got it in while we could

Surferboy567

It seems about 1000% right to me...how can this still work?

Any update is appreciated as always.

Me too...we did it 3 times over the last year and a half...twice in Orlando and in vegas. Glad we got it in while we could

The reason why I think it’s strange is:

A.) Didn’t Disney have a stake in this company (they obviously knew this was a draw to the springs).

B.) They still have the Disney experiences (and locations) on their site.

C.) I would kinda expect a statement or something from them...it’s not exactly a small deal for them losing the rights for Disney properties. They were actually do to make more experiences. They have been totally radio silent on both sides.

I too am glad I got in while I could. Did damage control was super fun, did Secrets of the Empire twice all fun in their own way. Wanted to try ralph but never got around to it. I hope they survive this I really enjoyed their experiences. I also hope maybe they can work something out but I doubt it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The reason why I think it’s strange is:

A.) Didn’t Disney have a stake in this company (they obviously knew this was a draw to the springs).

B.) They still have the Disney experiences (and locations) on their site.

C.) I would kinda expect a statement or something from them...it’s not exactly a small deal for them losing the rights for Disney properties. They were actually do to make more experiences.

I too am glad I got in while I could. Did damage control was super fun, did Secrets of the Empire twice all fun in their own way. Wanted to try ralph but never got around to it. I hope they survive this I really enjoyed their experiences. I also hope maybe they can work something out but I doubt it.
I can’t imagine the void isn’t already bankrupt or will be once and subsidies go??

No way.

We did secrets...which was awesome because they used the proper IP and not Disney’s rebooted nonsense...

Ralph was great

Ghostbusters at the Venetian might have been the best.

I hope we haven’t seen the last of it

Surferboy567

Apparently we may know something about this whole thing soon. On the latest episode of the Disney Dish, they said they would talk about the lawsuit and how “something happened” on another show.

So maybe their is hope?

Darth Snips

Original Poster
The Site Which Shall Not Be Named is claiming CMs at the Disney Springs location have been told the closure is permanent. Has anyone else heard this?

Club Cooloholic

The Site Which Shall Not Be Named is claiming CMs at the Disney Springs location have been told the closure is permanent. Has anyone else heard this?
I'm bumping this only to say I am very disappointed. There aren't a ton for actual "entertainment" option at DS and this looked so cool. I was planning on taking my kids next trip on our arrival day as something to do before check in. Dang it!

Cmdr_Crimson

Saw this on Chip and Co's site...
Still wish we had Disneyquest..They could have changed the concept to more of a D&B aesthetic with better food and updated the attractions...Hey how's the NBA ....Oh, I mean the No Bodys Around Expericence doing lately?..Still hoping they can gut that and make it something better..

Cmdr_Crimson

Just a small update after looking at Disney Food Blog's site..It now shows that The Void is said and Done for...The sign has been removed....
62457924190__1FB7F883-1312-4F71-92C8-A86194A10D3B-scaled.jpg

IMO....I think it's time to re-expand Once Upon A Toy into this again.....It was better off what it was originally...

thequeuelinelectures

A shame. Hopefully we eventually find out what happened here and it doesn't spell doom for the other Void locations. Why Disney would take this well reviewed experience that synergized with popular IP and seemingly pull the rug out from under them just makes no sense

Jon81uk

A shame. Hopefully we eventually find out what happened here and it doesn't spell doom for the other Void locations. Why Disney would take this well reviewed experience that synergized with popular IP and seemingly pull the rug out from under them just makes no sense
Who says Disney pulled the rug out and it wasn't The Void who decided to stop trading in this location?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom