The Untold Minor Backstory of It's A Small World

TP2000

Original Poster
I've been enjoying Jack Plotnick for many years in many different formats (stage, screen, bars, etc.). But his recent videos about the history of Disneyland are particularly brilliant. Here Mr. Plotnick details the behind-the-scenes drama that took place as Walt Disney brought It's A Small World back to Disneyland from the 1964-65 New York World's Fair.

Only press play if you can deal with some slightly subversive comedy in your life. It's all done out of love! LOVE! 😍

Homemade Imagineering

I've been enjoying Jack Plotnick for many years in many different formats (stage, screen, bars, etc.). But his recent videos about the history of Disneyland are particularly brilliant. Here Mr. Plotnick details the behind-the-scenes drama that took place as Walt Disney brought It's A Small World back to Disneyland from the 1964-65 New York World's Fair.

Only press play if you can deal with some slightly subversive comedy in your life. It's all done out of love! LOVE! 😍

Haha! I saw this a couple weeks ago along with his Pirates and Mansion video! I never thought someone would make a comedy sketch using those old specials. Great stuff! 😂

TP2000

Original Poster
If Disney would give this guy a series, I’d actually subscribe to Disney+.

That's a wonderful idea! They could have an Adult Swim type channel for this kind of... mature stuff.

And that would actually get me to subscribe too.

truecoat

That. Was. Brilliant!

TP2000

Original Poster
That. Was. Brilliant!

Yes, wasn't it? I've enjoyed Mr. Plotnick's work for years. He has several other Disneyland videos like this, although the Pirates and Haunted Mansion ones are a bit more blue. Especially the Haunted Mansion one where he pretends to be Blaine Gibson with a Kodak camera.

This one was the safest one I could find. But it's hysterical! I'm glad I was able to share it and survive the censors.

Well....

...that was....random....

....and surreal.....

...and....

..... very funny!

😄

-

Random is definitely a good word for this. But it's also very funny. Jack Plotnick has a rather unique sense of humor, but I've always enjoyed him.

I should tell you my dear lady, I don't always go in for R rated humor and swear words in my entertainment. But when I do, it needs to be as smart and funny as this was. ;)

Mr. Plotnick's hilarity has been in minor movies and TV shows, but also appeared in a West Hollywood gay bar that does a knock-off of the Match Game game show from the 1970's. It's very R rated, but also hysterically funny. Especially if you've had a drink.

Last edited:

Sailor310

That. Was. Brilliant!
So I watch a bunch of Jack's Disney stuff which was very un-Disney and very funny. Well on that youtube section is Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig lip syncing to 'Heart to Heart' by Starship. Super cute---must watch. Oh wait, this scene is from a movie with Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig? That's got to be super funny. It's on Prime? ...So that's how Jack's videos got me watching a dark movie on suicide and pedofilia.

Kristen Wiig & Bill Hader's epic lip sync scene from the Skeleton Twins​

TP2000

Original Poster
Poor Blaine.....

Okay, that was quite entertaining.

😆

-

Isn't it?!

You know what amazes me, is that this source material is apparently so widely known that people instantly get the joke and the humor right away. I think almost everyone on this Disneyland message board would have seen that fabulous 1965 World of Color episode that Walt and Julie as the Tencennial Ambassador did. But I'm surprised that so many folks on YouTube have also seen it and thus get the humor. And then of course Mr. Plotnick taking on the role of all these various Swinging 60's lady Imagineers is hysterical on its own.

But it kind of makes you have faith in the kids of today, doesn't it?

truecoat

Isn't it?!

You know what amazes me, is that this source material is apparently so widely known that people instantly get the joke and the humor right away. I think almost everyone on this Disneyland message board would have seen that fabulous 1965 World of Color episode that Walt and Julie as the Tencennial Ambassador did. But I'm surprised that so many folks on YouTube have also seen it and thus get the humor. And then of course Mr. Plotnick taking on the role of all these various Swinging 60's lady Imagineers is hysterical on its own.

But it kind of makes you have faith in the kids of today, doesn't it?
I love how he synchronizes his close ups with the movements they start from the wide shot. It's really well done and very funny!

Rich T

Mr. Plotnick just released another one. This time it's the creation of the Plaza Inn and a side of Harriet Burns (the first female Imagineer) that we've never seen before.

I was rooting for John and Harriet to get together at the end. Dang it, Blaine!

This is my favorite yet. Fried chicken has seriously never made me laugh so hard. And that split-second moment when real Hench glances in annoyance toward Harriet’s singing... 😄

TP2000

Original Poster

Isn't he funny?!? And while I've followed him for years in nightclubs and silly videos like this, I had no idea he was a Disneyland fan until he started doing these videos over the past year. Definitely a SoCal phenomenon!

WARNING: For those not familiar with Mr. Plotnick's humor, tread carefully if you wade through his YouTube channel.

A lot of his humor is rather blue, and even if it's not blue some of it is pretty high concept. That said, his Evie Harris character has been a favorite of mine for many years. I've seen him perform as Evie Harris in a few nightclubs in Palm Springs and it's always... memorable. :cool:

Last edited:

Figments Friend

I have to agree.

The 'Plaza Inn' one is the best yet.

Too funny....

It may be the English part of me rearing its head, but watching guys perform in drag on tv has always been entertaining to me since i was a kid.
Dad watched a lot of 'Monty Python's Flying Circus' on PBS in the 70s through the mid 80s and the gents in their frocks were always a hilarious delight.

-

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom