The Universal Rumors thread

Jrn14

Aghhh NO! Don't get rid of MIB… that is an amazing ride… so well detailed.. the ride itself is so much fun and the animatronics are great.. The Queue is fantastic! Plus once Diagon Alley opens they are going to need rides like MIB to help swallow some of added attendance (I'm not sure what capacity is like for MIB)

The only things that I think work against it are that the exterior isn't very visually appealing , though I give them props for sticking with the movie.. and it's in such a weird space… there seems to me so much empty space on both sides of MIB.. I can totally see them using MIB and all the surrounding space for some grand new venture (but I hope not)

Also MIB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TSMM/Buzz (It's really no contest)

GLaDOS

What's with the all hate on MIB?:jawdrop: Creative and funny trilogy with Will and Tommy. The attraction is an awesome PHYSICALLY 3D game that never gets old. Maybe add some new aliens or re-do a piece of it, but the ride is solid even if it isn't taken directly from the movies.

I love the ride. Think it's great. Best shooter attraction around.

But let's not act like we'd be losing some cultural touchstone if we lost the MIB theming.

rd805

I love the ride. Think it's great. Best shooter attraction around.

But let's not act like we'd be losing some cultural touchstone if we lost the MIB theming.

Only thing is - re-theming would have to be to "make it better". I think the idea is really perfect, at least for a few more years... Can't think of too much else that may work as well for a shooting game (although someone did mention Ghostbusters earlier, which could be cool).

misterID

Can someone give me a rundown with HTF's announcement today? I have caught six trojans in two days from OU/The Stash and I'm not comfortable going back there right now.

I think this might have to do with Kong? And changes to the attraction proposal.

HTF

Can someone give me a rundown with HTF's announcement today? I have caught six trojans in two days from OU/The Stash and I'm not comfortable going back there right now.

I think this might have to do with Kong? And changes to the attraction proposal.

I'll do it for you no problem but really 6? Your the only person who has caught anything that I'm aware of... Seems like some company is trying to shut us down, geez I wonder who... I'll post it shortly..

misterID

I'll do it for you no problem but really 6? Your the only person who has caught anything that I'm aware of... Seems like some company is trying to shut us down, geez I wonder who... I'll post it shortly..

Yeah, in the stash I mentioned it and a few other members said they caught them, too. Even when I was shown the "report issues" thread I caught another and so did the poster who gave me the thread link. Very suspicious...

HTF

Here is said annoucnement from Orlando United. I want to apologize for the site being testy. We have been in contact with Google trying to find out who keeps attacking the site.

Welcome to the North...​

[/CENTER]

At Kings Cross there are 4 sets of double doors. The three double doors to the left are the entrance with the one set separated by a divider wall. Once you enter Kings Cross the service upgrade center along with a small queue set up for it will be immediately on your right. You will notice throughout Kings Cross the sheer amount of distressed brickwork and iron that will be used is vast. The iron and glass canopy is also sure to please the visual minded. Once you pass the service counter is the stroller swap… Ahhh for those paying notice I’ve said stroller swap this time around… Finally once you pass that stroller swap area on your right you encounter the turnstiles and long themed corridor of Kings Cross on your way to the platform.
I do want to mention that starting at the turnstiles and the way to the platform there are 3 lanes with the exit return being on your right, express up the middle and stand bye on the left. One of the main reasons for this design is because of the ability to utilize an extended queue. Much like what they did to Transformers with the extra extended queue there will be a setup of switchbacks in-between San Francisco and the area between the platform and the long walkway.

So we have all seen Bob’s, Disneyhead’s, and friend outstanding photos so I don’t need to remind everyone of how massive it is. Well that building is jam packed with not a single space wasted. From fully themed snack carts to other replica trains the building has it all. Now back to the queue shall we, after you complete your trek down the long corridor you will find yourself at within Kings Cross Level 1. Once you enter the actual ground floor of the platform I can hear it now, HOLY SWITCHBACK!! So while Express heads for the stairs in the dead center of the level one the stand bye crowd will meander they way through numerous switchbacks all across level one. Said switchbacks will even pass bye a set of train cars themed to be for another KC platform. At the center of level one is a set of stairs where express and stand bye merge and go upstairs to begin the real journey.

Once upstairs you must pass through a very unique looking brick wall to gain entry into 93/4. While not permitted to say exactly how its done, I can say it involves a ton of glass. Once you pass through the detail is alive with overhead windows, iron catwalks, wooden windows and doors, and loads of iron accents with tons of distressed brick work. After this is another set of switch backs right in front of the Hogwarts Express with full steam and audio effects rolling. Now remember how I said the South Station was your only place to see the Loco* ?? Well thing about it is, from here your not guaranteed to see the loco since if the line is still moving and the loco is out on the track you may miss it. Granted the way its set up you will see it more often then not but the only guaranteed spot to see the locomotive is at the south station once you exit the ride and walk right past it. THE LOCO WILL FACE IOA AND ONLY IOA.
Finally as we pass this final set of switchbacks we come up to the loading platform of the attraction. The platform itself is quite large over 200’ long, and all riders will be assigned a row, with a maximum of 8 riders per that row. Those rows represent cabins just like you see in the films with a total of 7 cabins per train car and of course 3 train cars per train. And for those who have been living under a rock two trains total for this attraction. Yes there are some people who still think 3 entire trains will grace the tracks. That’s of course incorrect and will consist of 2 count them 2 full length trains.

A New Island Rises...​

[/CENTER]

Now lets get onto some gossip shall we but before we go any further though I want everyone and I mean everyone to know a few things. First is that plans change, alter, increase budgets, get cancelled and so on. Many of the things I share are considered blue sky until ground is broken. Second is that I am not always correct. I take chances by giving you info so far out in advance that sometimes I either get it wrong or it changes enough to not be as close to the bluesky thoughts I bring you here. So while I personally don’t care if I “get it wrong” because something doesn’t make it, gets moved, or even gets cancelled I just need everyone out there to realize I share everything for a reason. I share the things I do when I do for a reason. Finally its that there is so much going on at the moment with info coming out of all faucets its very hard to tell what is approved, blue sky, or even worse fake to attempt to seal the leaks. So while I always say it I must remind everyone again. Everything I share with you is RUMOR. No matter how concrete it may seem on my end I must always take things with caution and divulge it to you in a very careful, respectful, and yet somehow open manner. What your about to read is and should be treated as a rumor until Universal confirms such additions. So with that being said I also want to point out I’m usually right anyways so ehhh whatever lol.

So months ago I in partnership with Disneyhead brought you news of a Jurassic Park Expansion that consisted of a family coaster where the Trikes are at as well as a dark ride coming out of the Discovery Center. We originally all agreed that the location of the attraction was to be where the Trikes are currently located. But over time it became clear something was coming to the land behind Thunder Falls Terrace, hell there are already markers back there. We’ve already seen Phase 1 of the JP Expansion near completion for the games addition in the JP River Adventure Overflow but what about that Phase 2… Why is it we were shown a family coaster overlay for the Trikes but nothing for the land behind Thunder Falls??? Hmmm…

Then as many of you remember just a few months ago I broke news as we opened up the Stash Volume 2 about several projects going on around the resort. The biggest story being Kong coming back to Universal Orlando within the next 2-3 years. The plans involved showed a mixture between Kongfrontation and Kong 360 3D as an overlay to the Studios Disaster attraction. It would of involved a single Kong AA, New Preshows, New RV’s, Projected Media, and special effects that utilized the current Disaster building layout. To me it seemed fairly obvious this was true since two MAJOR companies were already working with Universal on future Disaster work to be completed. Creative themselves had been seen walking in and out of Disasters service exits during business hours for crying out loud lol. For those who follow me on Twitter you may also remember as early as a few days ago I commented on the green barrier fence being heighted to over 10’ to conceal stuff in plain sight within a trailer. What I didn’t mention was a sculpture of a big Monkey chilling in the office with the lights on…

Well anyways most things seemed to of been falling into place on my end and I never intended to be writing this right now I assure you but here we are. Things change, move, and or get cancelled. So while everything I have shared with you still may very well be accurate and what I’m about to share with you is a clever way for Universal to keep us off the trail as it just showed up today. And trust me it threw me for a loop… So it appears I was wrong about Kong. This physical and digital attraction of the big man isn’t going where Disaster is, and for that I am sorry. I’ve lied to you all lol. Its actually going into IOA behind Thunder Falls Terrace… Yeah it seems Comcast may have opened up Creatives bag and pulled out another older concept and built upon it greatly where the big man takes over the entire area between Thunder Falls and Toon Lagoon in almost a mini Skull Island.

The attraction itself is a MAJOR E Ticket Attraction complete with indoor and outdoor scenes. Think Indiana Jones meets the Great Movie Ride with a little bit of Jurassic Park thrown in. The entrance themed to ruins with waterfalls bursting out of the façade. It will feature a massive themed “underground” temple queue surround among more ancient ruins. The tandem entertainment guided EMV’s will leave the temple and head out into the wilderness. Outside will feature large AA’s most that we avoid as our guide shows us the way on our journey. We then enter the massive sound stage where we will encounter numerous AA’s, giant insects, projected effects, live fire effects, and a host of other live effects. We will also see one creature utilize Kukas for arms that attack the RV’s. At one point even our driver is captured and were left to fend for ourselves in the wilderness. The final and very large scene involves the big man coming from multiple angles on both sides of the RV.

I realize this all leaves more questions than answers about future projects but given the details I have seen I have no reason to think outside of Disaster not much else will change from what we have already shared so far. But it does leave me to think, just how much time does Disaster really have… I hope you have enjoyed reading this my friends, as I must now slide back into the shadows once again…

Goodnight...

misterID

Here is said annoucnement from Orlando United. I want to apologize for the site being testy. We have been in contact with Google trying to find out who keeps attacking the site.

Welcome to the North...​

[/CENTER]

At Kings Cross there are 4 sets of double doors. The three double doors to the left are the entrance with the one set separated by a divider wall. Once you enter Kings Cross the service upgrade center along with a small queue set up for it will be immediately on your right. You will notice throughout Kings Cross the sheer amount of distressed brickwork and iron that will be used is vast. The iron and glass canopy is also sure to please the visual minded. Once you pass the service counter is the stroller swap… Ahhh for those paying notice I’ve said stroller swap this time around… Finally once you pass that stroller swap area on your right you encounter the turnstiles and long themed corridor of Kings Cross on your way to the platform.
I do want to mention that starting at the turnstiles and the way to the platform there are 3 lanes with the exit return being on your right, express up the middle and stand bye on the left. One of the main reasons for this design is because of the ability to utilize an extended queue. Much like what they did to Transformers with the extra extended queue there will be a setup of switchbacks in-between San Francisco and the area between the platform and the long walkway.

So we have all seen Bob’s, Disneyhead’s, and friend outstanding photos so I don’t need to remind everyone of how massive it is. Well that building is jam packed with not a single space wasted. From fully themed snack carts to other replica trains the building has it all. Now back to the queue shall we, after you complete your trek down the long corridor you will find yourself at within Kings Cross Level 1. Once you enter the actual ground floor of the platform I can hear it now, HOLY SWITCHBACK!! So while Express heads for the stairs in the dead center of the level one the stand bye crowd will meander they way through numerous switchbacks all across level one. Said switchbacks will even pass bye a set of train cars themed to be for another KC platform. At the center of level one is a set of stairs where express and stand bye merge and go upstairs to begin the real journey.

Once upstairs you must pass through a very unique looking brick wall to gain entry into 93/4. While not permitted to say exactly how its done, I can say it involves a ton of glass. Once you pass through the detail is alive with overhead windows, iron catwalks, wooden windows and doors, and loads of iron accents with tons of distressed brick work. After this is another set of switch backs right in front of the Hogwarts Express with full steam and audio effects rolling. Now remember how I said the South Station was your only place to see the Loco* ?? Well thing about it is, from here your not guaranteed to see the loco since if the line is still moving and the loco is out on the track you may miss it. Granted the way its set up you will see it more often then not but the only guaranteed spot to see the locomotive is at the south station once you exit the ride and walk right past it. THE LOCO WILL FACE IOA AND ONLY IOA.
Finally as we pass this final set of switchbacks we come up to the loading platform of the attraction. The platform itself is quite large over 200’ long, and all riders will be assigned a row, with a maximum of 8 riders per that row. Those rows represent cabins just like you see in the films with a total of 7 cabins per train car and of course 3 train cars per train. And for those who have been living under a rock two trains total for this attraction. Yes there are some people who still think 3 entire trains will grace the tracks. That’s of course incorrect and will consist of 2 count them 2 full length trains.

A New Island Rises...​

[/CENTER]

Now lets get onto some gossip shall we but before we go any further though I want everyone and I mean everyone to know a few things. First is that plans change, alter, increase budgets, get cancelled and so on. Many of the things I share are considered blue sky until ground is broken. Second is that I am not always correct. I take chances by giving you info so far out in advance that sometimes I either get it wrong or it changes enough to not be as close to the bluesky thoughts I bring you here. So while I personally don’t care if I “get it wrong” because something doesn’t make it, gets moved, or even gets cancelled I just need everyone out there to realize I share everything for a reason. I share the things I do when I do for a reason. Finally its that there is so much going on at the moment with info coming out of all faucets its very hard to tell what is approved, blue sky, or even worse fake to attempt to seal the leaks. So while I always say it I must remind everyone again. Everything I share with you is RUMOR. No matter how concrete it may seem on my end I must always take things with caution and divulge it to you in a very careful, respectful, and yet somehow open manner. What your about to read is and should be treated as a rumor until Universal confirms such additions. So with that being said I also want to point out I’m usually right anyways so ehhh whatever lol.

So months ago I in partnership with Disneyhead brought you news of a Jurassic Park Expansion that consisted of a family coaster where the Trikes are at as well as a dark ride coming out of the Discovery Center. We originally all agreed that the location of the attraction was to be where the Trikes are currently located. But over time it became clear something was coming to the land behind Thunder Falls Terrace, hell there are already markers back there. We’ve already seen Phase 1 of the JP Expansion near completion for the games addition in the JP River Adventure Overflow but what about that Phase 2… Why is it we were shown a family coaster overlay for the Trikes but nothing for the land behind Thunder Falls??? Hmmm…

Then as many of you remember just a few months ago I broke news as we opened up the Stash Volume 2 about several projects going on around the resort. The biggest story being Kong coming back to Universal Orlando within the next 2-3 years. The plans involved showed a mixture between Kongfrontation and Kong 360 3D as an overlay to the Studios Disaster attraction. It would of involved a single Kong AA, New Preshows, New RV’s, Projected Media, and special effects that utilized the current Disaster building layout. To me it seemed fairly obvious this was true since two MAJOR companies were already working with Universal on future Disaster work to be completed. Creative themselves had been seen walking in and out of Disasters service exits during business hours for crying out loud lol. For those who follow me on Twitter you may also remember as early as a few days ago I commented on the green barrier fence being heighted to over 10’ to conceal stuff in plain sight within a trailer. What I didn’t mention was a sculpture of a big Monkey chilling in the office with the lights on…

Well anyways most things seemed to of been falling into place on my end and I never intended to be writing this right now I assure you but here we are. Things change, move, and or get cancelled. So while everything I have shared with you still may very well be accurate and what I’m about to share with you is a clever way for Universal to keep us off the trail as it just showed up today. And trust me it threw me for a loop… So it appears I was wrong about Kong. This physical and digital attraction of the big man isn’t going where Disaster is, and for that I am sorry. I’ve lied to you all lol. Its actually going into IOA behind Thunder Falls Terrace… Yeah it seems Comcast may have opened up Creatives bag and pulled out another older concept and built upon it greatly where the big man takes over the entire area between Thunder Falls and Toon Lagoon in almost a mini Skull Island.

The attraction itself is a MAJOR E Ticket Attraction complete with indoor and outdoor scenes. Think Indiana Jones meets the Great Movie Ride with a little bit of Jurassic Park thrown in. The entrance themed to ruins with waterfalls bursting out of the façade. It will feature a massive themed “underground” temple queue surround among more ancient ruins. The tandem entertainment guided EMV’s will leave the temple and head out into the wilderness. Outside will feature large AA’s most that we avoid as our guide shows us the way on our journey. We then enter the massive sound stage where we will encounter numerous AA’s, giant insects, projected effects, live fire effects, and a host of other live effects. We will also see one creature utilize Kukas for arms that attack the RV’s. At one point even our driver is captured and were left to fend for ourselves in the wilderness. The final and very large scene involves the big man coming from multiple angles on both sides of the RV.

I realize this all leaves more questions than answers about future projects but given the details I have seen I have no reason to think outside of Disaster not much else will change from what we have already shared so far. But it does leave me to think, just how much time does Disaster really have… I hope you have enjoyed reading this my friends, as I must now slide back into the shadows once again…

Goodnight...

Wow... :jawdrop:

So, we're still getting the Mine Train at JP AND Kong? Awesome. The mini Skull Island sounds a lot better than trying to fit it into San Francisco.

My only question is if Disaster is still on the way out?

nytimez

Would the Lorax be based on the book or the film? I always assumed the latter.

Almost certainly the latter if they do it - but the character's origins are in literature. (EDIT to add: Same goes for Potter and to a certain extent Jurassic Park - the lands lean towards the film versions, but at least their origins are within literature).

Kong is not a literary creation, he was created for the movie, I believe (although he certainly seems like a creation of the pulp era).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom