The Ultimate Snack At WDW.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Ok, When is a snack not a snack? When it's sooo good and there's no way that Iam sharing it.Now having recently returned from 14 magical days,our snack credit was 2 per person per day,that's a total of 84 snacks to consume between three of us.However one snack I wouldn't share was " The magic cookie bar " I even brought 10 of these beauties home in my case.So what is your favourite snack so good you wouldn't share it with anyone.

wiigirl

lol...my morning Coke..or god forbid I find Mr. Pibb...you would have to pry it the cup out of my cold dead fingers...

84 snack credits...lol..sounds like a lot..but we sure find ways to use them

Caffine of some sort def...cupcakes, cupcakes are my weakness... :p

75.gif

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Hmm..this is a bad thread for me.

When it comes to food, I'll buy it for you, I'll cook it for you, I'll serve it to you and I'll even clean up after you...but once something is on my plate (or in my hand) and designated as mine - it's mine. I don't like sharing whats mine :mad: I'm like a freaking 2 year old.
My kids are the only exception and even that doesn't happen to easily....;)

So taking into account I don't like sharing my food..
I love the Jalepeno Cheese stuffed pretzels at AK
Cinnamon Buns at Mainstreet Bakery
Beignets at PO
School Bread - Norway..

I know I'm missing a few...

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Hmm..this is a bad thread for me.

When it comes to food, I'll buy it for you, I'll cook it for you, I'll serve it to you and I'll even clean up after you...but once something is on my plate (or in my hand) and designated as mine - it's mine. I don't like sharing whats mine :mad: I'm like a freaking 2 year old.
My kids are the only exception and even that doesn't happen to easily....;)

So taking into account I don't like sharing my food..
I love the Jalepeno Cheese stuffed pretzels at AK
Cinnamon Buns at Mainstreet Bakery
Beignets at PO
School Bread - Norway..

I know I'm missing a few...
You know we tried the Beignets at FQ the last morning of our vacation,and tho they were nice,the middle of them is screaming out to be filled with something.I don't know what,maybe strawberry jam & cream?

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
You know we tried the Beignets at FQ the last morning of our vacation,and tho they were nice,the middle of them is screaming out to be filled with something.I don't know what,maybe strawberry jam & cream?

They're are filled with something...JOY! That and piping hot steam that will put a sweet little blister on your lip if you're not careful. I'm a pro now I rip off a corner let the air out and CHOMP.

You're on to something though...I just did a search looks like they're people who stuff them with crawfish or berries, etc. I looked quick but it doesn't appear they're prepared exactly the same way or the dough's a bit different...

powlessfamily4

" The magic cookie bar " I even brought 10 of these beauties home in my case.So what is your favourite snack so good you wouldn't share it with anyone.

Originally called "Seven Layer Bars" because they have 7 ingredients, I have this recipe if you want it. It literally takes 5 mins to dump it together in the pan and bakes in about 30 -35 minutes. They are easy to make! My Mother was making them when I was just a little kid. She got the recipe from Good Housekeeping magazine in 1973. Mmmmmm

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Originally called "Seven Layer Bars" because they have 7 ingredients, I have this recipe if you want it. It literally takes 5 mins to dump it together in the pan and bakes in about 30 -35 minutes. They are easy to make! My Mother was making them when I was just a little kid. She got the recipe from Good Housekeeping magazine in 1973. Mmmmmm
OMG,please,please,please,send me your recipe.I'll be your Mickey mate for life.:)

OswaldTheRabbit

Oh I would love this recipe too if you don't mind! I love 7 layer bars and have never made them at home. Yum!

JIMINYCR

Everyone raves about them, My first bite into one a few years ago, I thought, What the..., there should be jelly in these. How could there not be jelly, if there was jelly then they would be absolutely perfect.

JillC LI

lol...my morning Coke..or god forbid I find Mr. Pibb...you would have to pry it the cup out of my cold dead fingers...

Is Pibb available at WDW? If so, my DS would be psyched! We've never seen it there.

Ok, When is a snack not a snack? When it's sooo good and there's no way that Iam sharing it.Now having recently returned from 14 magical days,our snack credit was 2 per person per day,that's a total of 84 snacks to consume between three of us.However one snack I wouldn't share was " The magic cookie bar " I even brought 10 of these beauties home in my case.So what is your favourite snack so good you wouldn't share it with anyone.

And a "magic cookie bar" is?????

Beholder

Cheese Danish that's served (I assume) in all the resorts for breakfast. Nothing super special, but we love them and it's something I never eat unless I'm in The World. Makes them extra special!

powlessfamily4

Ok... I am at work so I had to call my mom! LOL

1/2 cup or margarine, melted
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk (Eagle brand is the best)
1 cup chocolate chips (I always use Nestle semi sweet. Never skimp on the chocolate!)
1 cup Butterscotch chips
1 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped nuts

Spray a 9 x 13 pan with baking spray or use parchment. (I personally do not like parchment for this recipe.) Combine the butter and graham crackers and mix in a bowl. (You should be able to pinch it and have it stick together a little.) Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of the pan, covering the bottom of the pan. Then layer the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut and nuts evenly in the pan. (Now here is what makes them good!) Punch two small holes into the top of the can of sweetened condensed milk. (You can use a can punch but keep the holes small, place them on the edge of the can 1 directly across from the other) SLOWLY drizzle the entire contents of the can over the pan. This will take about 5 minutes if it is done correctly. You want to drizzle into all the cracks and crevices. (Dumping the can does not produce the same effect in the consistency of the cookie when it is baked. Trust me on this!) Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes. It will turn golden brown. Cool for at least 30 minutes to an hour and then loosen the edges from the side of the pan. Don't attempt to cut them until they have cooled at least an hour. The chocolate will be too gooey at that point but you want to cut them while they are still a little warm. Some people take them out of the pan and put them on a wire rack to cool but I have found the timing has to be perfect for that or they fall apart on the rack. I leave mine in the pan. :D Enjoy!!!

OswaldTheRabbit

Ok... I am at work so I had to call my mom! LOL

1/2 cup or margarine, melted
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk (Eagle brand is the best)
1 cup chocolate chips (I always use Nestle semi sweet. Never skimp on the chocolate!)
1 cup Butterscotch chips
1 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped nuts

Spray a 9 x 13 pan with baking spray or use parchment. (I personally do not like parchment for this recipe.) Combine the butter and graham crackers and mix in a bowl. (You should be able to pinch it and have it stick together a little.) Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of the pan, covering the bottom of the pan. Then layer the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut and nuts evenly in the pan. (Now here is what makes them good!) Punch two small holes into the top of the can of sweetened condensed milk. (You can use a can punch but keep the holes small, place them on the edge of the can 1 directly across from the other) SLOWLY drizzle the entire contents of the can over the pan. This will take about 5 minutes if it is done correctly. You want to drizzle into all the cracks and crevices. (Dumping the can does not produce the same effect in the consistency of the cookie when it is baked. Trust me on this!) Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes. It will turn golden brown. Cool for at least 30 minutes to an hour and then loosen the edges from the side of the pan. Don't attempt to cut them until they have cooled at least an hour. The chocolate will be too gooey at that point but you want to cut them while they are still a little warm. Some people take them out of the pan and put them on a wire rack to cool but I have found the timing has to be perfect for that or they fall apart on the rack. I leave mine in the pan. :D Enjoy!!!

Thanks so much! I already penciled it in for this weekend!! YUM,

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

I do not share Mickey Premium bars and the Pineapple Dole Whip float!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom