The Ultimate Snack At WDW.

tracyandalex

You know we tried the Beignets at FQ the last morning of our vacation,and tho they were nice,the middle of them is screaming out to be filled with something.I don't know what,maybe strawberry jam & cream?

Hatter, it is quite difficult to mess with such a traditional item, but i do see your point. We have had the beignets at FQ and while they are good, the ones at Cafe du Monde are so much better, but the real NOLA atmosphere my be influencing me.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Ok... I am at work so I had to call my mom! LOL

1/2 cup or margarine, melted
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk (Eagle brand is the best)
1 cup chocolate chips (I always use Nestle semi sweet. Never skimp on the chocolate!)
1 cup Butterscotch chips
1 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped nuts

Spray a 9 x 13 pan with baking spray or use parchment. (I personally do not like parchment for this recipe.) Combine the butter and graham crackers and mix in a bowl. (You should be able to pinch it and have it stick together a little.) Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of the pan, covering the bottom of the pan. Then layer the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut and nuts evenly in the pan. (Now here is what makes them good!) Punch two small holes into the top of the can of sweetened condensed milk. (You can use a can punch but keep the holes small, place them on the edge of the can 1 directly across from the other) SLOWLY drizzle the entire contents of the can over the pan. This will take about 5 minutes if it is done correctly. You want to drizzle into all the cracks and crevices. (Dumping the can does not produce the same effect in the consistency of the cookie when it is baked. Trust me on this!) Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes. It will turn golden brown. Cool for at least 30 minutes to an hour and then loosen the edges from the side of the pan. Don't attempt to cut them until they have cooled at least an hour. The chocolate will be too gooey at that point but you want to cut them while they are still a little warm. Some people take them out of the pan and put them on a wire rack to cool but I have found the timing has to be perfect for that or they fall apart on the rack. I leave mine in the pan. :D Enjoy!!!
Wow! I will give this a try over the weekend.Many thanks for this,and thank your mom from me.

LuLaSue

1 cup chocolate chips (I always use Nestle semi sweet. Never skimp on the chocolate!)
1 cup Butterscotch chips
1 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped nuts

Spray a 9 x 13 pan with baking spray or use parchment. (I personally do not like parchment for this recipe.) Combine the butter and graham crackers and mix in a bowl. (You should be able to pinch it and have it stick together a little.) Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of the pan, covering the bottom of the pan. Then layer the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut and nuts evenly in the pan. (Now here is what makes them good!) Punch two small holes into the top of the can of sweetened condensed milk. (You can use a can punch but keep the holes small, place them on the edge of the can 1 directly across from the other) SLOWLY drizzle the entire contents of the can over the pan. This will take about 5 minutes if it is done correctly. You want to drizzle into all the cracks and crevices. (Dumping the can does not produce the same effect in the consistency of the cookie when it is baked. Trust me on this!) Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes. It will turn golden brown. Cool for at least 30 minutes to an hour and then loosen the edges from the side of the pan. Don't attempt to cut them until they have cooled at least an hour. The chocolate will be too gooey at that point but you want to cut them while they are still a little warm. Some people take them out of the pan and put them on a wire rack to cool but I have found the timing has to be perfect for that or they fall apart on the rack. I leave mine in the pan. :D Enjoy!!!
You Rock!!

luv

I doubt it would count for a dining plan, but my favorite snack of all time was the peanut butter & chocolate pie from Boardwalk Bakery. OMG. So freaking yummy! I don't even know if it is still there because I had to stop going there...I think the thing had to be about 2500 calories. But it is THE best thing I ever ate.

Second place goes to Uni. At PFB, they have this "muffin"...they call it a muffin, anyway. It is a tiny, moist, sweet, flavorful, slightly buttery cake with this fabulously tasty drizzle stuff and fruit on top. Again, amazingly good. Now that I think about it, this might come in first, not second, place. Hard call to make.

But those are the two best snacks I've ever had in my entire life.

Third place to Key Lime Pie from either T-Rex or Margaritaville.

Honorable Mentions to the PB&J shake from 50s Prime Time, the Oreo thing at the Pepper Market and the little s'mores thing in the American pavilion fast food place.

real mad hatter

Original Poster

1 cup Butterscotch chips
1 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped nuts

Again,many thanks,reckon I can get everything here in UK but one question,I've heard of Graham crackers,what exactly are they?We have Jacobs cream crackers but I don't think there the same.

s&k'smom

I've got to agree once the Mickey bar is in my hand I will not share! My other favorite snack is my first cup of coffee in the morning, last year I would go to Gasparella Grill get my first cup and sit outside and look at the castle. Then on my 2nd cup go out by the boat dock and just stare.

powlessfamily4

Again,many thanks,reckon I can get everything here in UK but one question,I've heard of Graham crackers,what exactly are they?We have Jacobs cream crackers but I don't think there the same.
I never thought about not beable to get all of the items in Scotland! Here is a link to the butterscotch chips http://www.americansweets.co.uk/american-nestle-butterscotch-morsels-baking-chocolate-301-p.asp

If you can't get them seriously PM me and I will ship some to you!! Me grampa Scotty would insist! ;)

real mad hatter

Original Poster
For the Brits out there, use Digestive Biscuits in place of Graham Crackers, and as for the other ingredients such as Butterscotch Chips, they sell them on 'American Sweets' website!

Am looking forward to trying this recipe, never had them at WDW but they sound good!
Many thanks,have sourced out all ingredients,what am I like,completely mad says DW.Must try and make it before Iam locked up.:)

real mad hatter

Original Poster

Tink28

Have tried using the Butterscotch pieces from Sainsburys for my 'short cut rocky road' instead of the Nestle Butterscotch Chips but not the same, one of the reasons I always have to do a supermarket shop when in the US, just so many things I can't get in the UK!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom