'The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend'

dreamfinder

Anyone know what the medallions for the 5k look like or the shirts? We have never done a family 5k before and we are super excited or our kids to join us. My hubby and I did the Everest 5k in May and had a great time and my oldest daughter and I are signed up for the Princess 10k in Feb. So excited to do the happy haunted 5k with my whole family

Usually the 5k medallion and shirt follow the same graphic they have on the final instructions. So I'd guess it will look like the Mickey/Minnie/Pluto pic you can see here (w/o the ghosts) -> http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/pdf/tower-of-terror/TOT13_5K_Kids_FRI.pdf Probably stick the year on it somewhere. The shirt will most likely match with that on the front, the sponsors on the back, and be a bright color!

MickeyMomV

Here is my question....I am running the 10 miler, a huge thing for me considering one that I don't normally run and two I am 5 months post acl repair surgery. So with that being said, I am doing the Jeff Galloway run technique of run/walk. I ran today and ran 6.35 miles at a 13.3 pace. So I guess my question is does this bother a lot people having people run/walk the race? I am just curious.

a2grafix

It doesn't bother me, though I was not on Galloway's run-walk cycle. I saw a lot of run-walkers during the 2012 Tower 10 miler and the 2013 Disneyland Half. I myself walked here and there mainly at water stations. But if you maintain a good pace and you keep to the 16-per minute mile either running or walking, you will finish.

Texas84

Here is my question....I am running the 10 miler, a huge thing for me considering one that I don't normally run and two I am 5 months post acl repair surgery. So with that being said, I am doing the Jeff Galloway run technique of run/walk. I ran today and ran 6.35 miles at a 13.3 pace. So I guess my question is does this bother a lot people having people run/walk the race? I am just curious.

Well, too bad if it does. There are a lot of people doing it. :D

Seriously, you won't be alone. Don't sweat it.

Bforeverknight

alright this may be a silly question, but do you need insect repellent? ( we are running through a swamp after all) seriously have never needed it at the parks but do not know if they spray outside the parks.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
alright this may be a silly question, but do you need insect repellent? ( we are running through a swamp after all) seriously have never needed it at the parks but do not know if they spray outside the parks.
Yes they do. The whole of populated central FL sprays (trucks)...

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We are quite excited about next weekend! DD and I are doing the 5K and DW is doing the 10 miler. Couple questions for veterans:

1 - are there ice and water stops on the 5K course?

2 - how crowded is the Villains party and how much is open for it?

Thanks for any insight.

Ariel484

We are quite excited about next weekend! DD and I are doing the 5K and DW is doing the 10 miler. Couple questions for veterans:

1 - are there ice and water stops on the 5K course?

2 - how crowded is the Villains party and how much is open for it?

Thanks for any insight.
Can't answer #2. For #1 I believe there are 2 water stops on the 5K courses, and you'll get the runDisney snack box at the finish.

Have fun!

dreamfinder

The crowd at the party will be hard to predict. Last year alot of non runners attended, solely to try to meet villains. They might have gotten their fix at the Unleash the Villains event, or that may have done nothing. The crowds will grow as the night goes on as the runners start to finish.

The attractions are the biggies. RnRC, ToT, Star Tours, TSM, TGMR, and maybe even Muppervision. Although there aren't many other rides at DHS are there..... Should also have villain M&Gs and the ever present dance party.

AUPr8Hd

early weather forecast for those running Tower

High 86* with a 40% chance of showers. There appears to be a disturbance in the Caribbean with potential movement towards the Gulf of Mexico, which could bring wet weather to the area at the end of the week

a2grafix

early weather forecast for those running Tower

High 86* with a 40% chance of showers. There appears to be a disturbance in the Caribbean with potential movement towards the Gulf of Mexico, which could bring wet weather to the area at the end of the week

Interesting, the 2012 inaugural race was around 80-83F at start and humid as all get out. Many of us called the Tower 10 miler the "humidity fun run." If it does rain next weekend, hopefully you are not running in a downpour.

AUPr8Hd

Interesting, the 2012 inaugural race was around 80-83F at start and humid as all get out. Many of us called the Tower 10 miler the "humidity fun run." If it does rain next weekend, hopefully you are not running in a downpour.

I opted out of Tower this year. I figured I'd like to have at least ONE Disney trip that wasn't centered around a runDisney event :) We actually arrive for a week on Sunday, conveniently right after, as I would have been too tempted to run it otherwise.

I'll be back in November for Wine&Dine then January for Dopey.:cool:

John Wickee

So I guess my question is does this bother a lot people having people run/walk the race? I am just curious.

Seeing as the Jeff Galloway plan is the official plan, you won't have to worry about being the only one doing it. The thing I've learned, in general, using the Jeff Galloway Run Walk is to be considerate of others. For this it's like @dreamfinder said, don't take up the whole path as a group (which really goes for any group running any pace) and when you go to switch to walk be on the side, not the middle, so others can get around you. In my experiences that only really comes into large play at the beginning when everyone is more clumped together, but just common courtesy and you're alright.

Katherine

Excited to see some race photos from those running! Seeing them come through on my Twitter feed was so exciting. There were some GREAT characters out! Anyone have the complete list of character stops?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom