Trip Report The Tuvalu Chronicles ~ Chapter 25 *COMPLETED*

Welcome, welcome, welcome to my 25th trip report.

Over the past five years, I have loved chronicling my WDW adventures with fellow forum readers who share my Disney passion. Writing keeps the magic alive for me. Discussions that result from your comments are icing on the cake! I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read my posts. (And for those of you who have been following from the beginning ~ THANK YOU!!)

All my reports have been live, live-ish, or shortly-afterwards.....except one. In 2016 I wrote a retro TR detailing my first visit to the park that forever captivated my heart. You can read about it here. Or you can merely mock the photo below which is proof positive I cannot pull off wearing a hat.

7E346929-4002-4A40-B82D-5A96EF7476D0.png

Similar in style to last summer’s novel, this report will incorporate my June, July and August vacations. The ship has already sailed for a live report for June, but I may attempt some live updates in July/August. Or not. :hilarious:

Trip #1
Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: June 8-13, 2019
Where: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

118537E3-D4CC-4761-9D22-4CF84E735DEB.jpeg

Did we meet the Wicked Queen? Who got shoved in the Haunted Mansion? Did the rain rain rain come down down down? Was there an attraction evac? Did one of us really cause a ride to shut down?

Answers to come!

(Special thanks to @krisri18 for another trip report title! 💕)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wow, that's amazing! Congratulations to your parents on their 60th Wedding Anniversary!
They're adorable. 😊
Thanks, Nunu! (I noticed, :joyfull:)

Congratulations to your parents on 60 years of marriage!
Oh, what a happy celebration!! :happy: Congratulations to your wonderful parents on their 60th anniversary!! :inlove::inlove:

(P.S.: That cake was beautiful and looked so DELISH!!) :hungry: I could go for a piece now with coffee -- my kind of breakfast food!) :p
Appreciate the kind wishes, ladies. The cake was from a specialty German bakery in Louisville (where my brother lives)....the same place Mom's birthday Angel Dips came from (mentioned in my "GRAND Birthday" TR.)

You have your dad's smile Tuvalu! Congrats on 60 years! (They don't look old enough!)
Beautiful pictures of your parents Anniversary. Congratulations to them for 60 years!
Rista1313 is right. You do have your Dad's great smile:)
My dad cannot deny I'm his daughter 🤣 and agree they don't look old enough!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
How wonderful!! Congratulations to your parents!!🍾
Awww congratulations to your parents!! The pictures of them make my heart so happy! :happy:
Congratulations to your parents! They look so happy together, love it!
Congratulations to the lovely couple!!❤
Congrats to your parents on their 60TH Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary to your parents!
Thank you, everyone! :inlove:

Congratulations to the TuvaParents!
This made me LOL....very clever!

How wonderful! Congratulations to your parents. It looks like they really enjoyed the party!
They also enjoyed the other events incorporated into the weekend, which made us all happy!

MoragL

“Let’s go ride Big Thunder,” Em suggested.

We had hoped to get in a couple rides since it is our favorite attraction to ride at night. The posted wait time was 25 minutes! Em then suggested we sample a couple of the complimentary treats while the wait time died down.

I have to give Disney props for the number of snack carts that were available during the party. There was even a cart in the 7DMT queue! Complimentary treats included ice cream, popcorn and bottled water and soft drinks. Over the course of the party I drank $14 worth of bottled water. That’s 4 bottles! :jawdrop: (It was hot, I was thirsty...)

Em and I aren’t huge into popcorn but we certainly wanted to take advantage of free ice cream....if for no other reason than to try our very FIRST Mickey bar. That’s right folks, in all our visits over the years we had never had a Mickey bar!

We grabbed a Mickey bar and an ice cream sandwich and shared them.

View attachment 396541

View attachment 396544

We’ve eaten ice cream sandwiches and so we knew what to expect. This one had cookies and cream ice cream rather than vanilla. We thought we’d really like it, but it didn’t knock our socks off.

View attachment 396543

Neither Em nor I are particularly fond of vanilla ice cream, which was one of our aversions to trying a Mickey bar.

So what did we think?

Drum roll please......🥁🥁🥁

View attachment 396542

Not only were we surprised at how much we liked it, but we wished we’d gotten our own! Neither of us realized that the hard coated shell was dark chocolate.....and c’mon, everything tastes better draped in dark chocolate (amiright, @NunuBelle?!) Em and I now “get” the Mickey bar obsession....we’ve finally been enlightened. :joyfull:

Why didn’t we get another?

It was too late to be eating more ice cream (said @Longers.....NEVER!)
we would make a perfect pair, I love vanilla ice cream but not a huge chocolate fan. I also am guilty of never having tried a Mickey Bar...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom