Trip Report The Tuvalu Chronicles ~ Chapter 25 *COMPLETED*

Welcome, welcome, welcome to my 25th trip report.

Over the past five years, I have loved chronicling my WDW adventures with fellow forum readers who share my Disney passion. Writing keeps the magic alive for me. Discussions that result from your comments are icing on the cake! I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read my posts. (And for those of you who have been following from the beginning ~ THANK YOU!!)

All my reports have been live, live-ish, or shortly-afterwards.....except one. In 2016 I wrote a retro TR detailing my first visit to the park that forever captivated my heart. You can read about it here. Or you can merely mock the photo below which is proof positive I cannot pull off wearing a hat.

7E346929-4002-4A40-B82D-5A96EF7476D0.png

Similar in style to last summer’s novel, this report will incorporate my June, July and August vacations. The ship has already sailed for a live report for June, but I may attempt some live updates in July/August. Or not. :hilarious:

Trip #1
Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: June 8-13, 2019
Where: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

118537E3-D4CC-4761-9D22-4CF84E735DEB.jpeg

Did we meet the Wicked Queen? Who got shoved in the Haunted Mansion? Did the rain rain rain come down down down? Was there an attraction evac? Did one of us really cause a ride to shut down?

Answers to come!

(Special thanks to @krisri18 for another trip report title! 💕)

aw14

Tuesday, con’t

I’d like to claim #ShirleyStatus at Whispering Canyon, but the restaurant had just finished transitioning from breakfast to lunch and the lunchers had not arrived yet.

View attachment 392643

Anita Tequila was our server, though she did not participate in any shenanigans. She was friendly and efficient, which is more important anyway. Actually there was a lot less hootin’ and hollerin’ today than we experienced last month. Although there was a very vocal six-month-old (not crying, just happy) that another server kept telling to “shush!” That was funny!

View attachment 392646

Our mission: Burnt Ends Nachos. One skillet for each of us.

View attachment 392644

YUM! :hungry:

Since we pigged out on nachos we skipped entrées. 🐖

We did not, however, skip dessert. In fact, we made the molten chocolate cake even more decadent by adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

View attachment 392645

OMG. The combo of warm cake paired with cold ice cream has always been a favorite. As much as our mouths wanted to scarf down the whole thing, our full bellies caused us to stop short.

We both agreed it was a great change-of-plans meal!
We are trying Whispering Canyon for dinner late next week. Those nachos look amazing. Not sure how I am going to handle that, a skillet and endless milkshakes. Good thing food in Disney doesn't count on the sugar/calorie/fat intake scale

Spash007

I will also admit my guilt to the color coded spread sheet club. I *may* also chart the expected wait times from Touring Plans to find the best times to plan to go to each ride, and figure out FPs.... I would never bring it with me though, that I leave up to K who then pulls the plans into a notebook (her writing is much neater than mine), which we try not to look at too much besides the morning and nights to see what we got done/still want to do.

Rista1313

I will also admit my guilt to the color coded spread sheet club. I *may* also chart the expected wait times from Touring Plans to find the best times to plan to go to each ride, and figure out FPs.... I would never bring it with me though, that I leave up to K who then pulls the plans into a notebook (her writing is much neater than mine), which we try not to look at too much besides the morning and nights to see what we got done/still want to do.

I use google sheets so it's right on my phone.

slipperalwaysfits

Here is Tuvalette enjoying the bubble wand I bought last trip

So glad she's having fun with it and she uses what you bring back for her!!! :D:D:geek::geek: What a treat for both of you!

OMG. The combo of warm cake paired with cold ice cream has always been a favorite. As much as our mouths wanted to scarf down the whole thing, our full bellies caused us to stop short.

Sharing dessert means sharing calories so that's an awesome excuse for dessert! Glad it was delicious!

93boomer

Premium Member
Tuesday, con’t

I’d like to claim #ShirleyStatus at Whispering Canyon, but the restaurant had just finished transitioning from breakfast to lunch and the lunchers had not arrived yet.

View attachment 392643

Anita Tequila was our server, though she did not participate in any shenanigans. She was friendly and efficient, which is more important anyway. Actually there was a lot less hootin’ and hollerin’ today than we experienced last month. Although there was a very vocal six-month-old (not crying, just happy) that another server kept telling to “shush!” That was funny!

View attachment 392646

View attachment 392644

We did not, however, skip dessert. In fact, we made the molten chocolate cake even more decadent by adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

View attachment 392645

:hungry:

Janir

I use google sheets so it's right on my phone.
I use Google Calendar for all our plans. Also gives me alert reminders for FP, ADR's and general plans. :(
I know I'm hopeless... It's the only way to keep my life sane. And at WDW, doubley so.

Longers

Tuesday, con’t

View attachment 392643

View attachment 392646

View attachment 392644

View attachment 392645

That ice cream - yum!

58 mins travel to Disney - I can only dream!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom