Pre-Trip The trip that is all Tuvalu's fault.

The title isn't meant to be a bait and switch... Really. This trip may never have happened if it wasn't for @Tuvalu and @TrolleyFollower91 so I am truly grateful that they have shared so many of their trips together. I've always thought of Disney being a whole family trip until the kids got older and I realized it's a great place for adults only and now a mother daughter trip. :inlove:

This trip is a Mother Daughter trip.

Who: Me and C! C is graduating from High School in a couple of months and heading off to college to study Musical Theater Studies. The only things she loves more than Musicals is Disney and honestly it may be a tie.

Here are a few pictures of C through the years at Disney: She's the blond middle child.

Flic.jpg

2006.jpg

Cady Stairs 2006.jpg

Disney 2010 020.jpg

Disney 2010 017.jpg

Disney 2010 159.JPG

Disney 2010 007.jpg

IMG_0372.JPG

2016.JPG

EPCOT_ENTR1_20160725_7754081176.jpeg

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
FastPasses are booked!!!

Now the wait for the magicbands and luggage tags.

I need to come up with with a name to put on my magic band. We like to switch it up. Any ideas?
We usually use our first initial and then either the resort abbreviation and year or first initial/month/year. This helps to distinguish between the bands at a glance rather than having to go on MDE.

And FWIW, the name that appears on the screen whenever you scan your band will always be your given first name (the way it appears on your reservation) no matter what “name” you choose for your band.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
We usually use our first initial and then either the resort abbreviation and year or first initial/month/year. This helps to distinguish between the bands at a glance rather than having to go on MDE.

And FWIW, the name that appears on the screen whenever you scan your band will always be your given first name (the way it appears on your reservation) no matter what “name” you choose for your band.
I'm slightly bummed to hear this. But, I can understand knowing some unsavory guests may put something inappropriate on the bands. How do you know all that you know!!?:happy:

I do like what you do with your bands though.

RememberWhen

Brilliant. Thanks for the clever idea!

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No

I do the same thing!!

In case you are wondering, in order: Annual Pass 2018, Wilderness Lodge DVC stay 2018, Coronado Springs 2016, Grand Floridian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2016, and Annual Pass 2016.
1525106524973.png

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Well, I listened to @DisneyJeff and @Tuvalu. Today is the last day to choose our magicbands. I picked a new color, I always get yellow (it's such a happy color but I thought I'd try a new color this time), and I coded it with the year and location!

We also got some mail!!
View attachment 285911

Only 32 days to go!!!!

Congrats!!! Hopefully it will be here before you know it!!!

I've got 72 days to go. That reminds me... I really need to get working on those airline tickets!!!

MerMom1981

I'm so excited!! and you only have a few days!!!! Are you packed?

I'm really looking forward to the dessert party. It will probably be the only time I'll ever do it so that makes it even more special. I can't wait to hear about your trip.

I started laying things out today! I'm caught somewhere between excitement and disbelief. I think once the kids are done with school it'll really hit me..

I wish we were doing a dessert party! Maybe one day, when Gwen and I go on a mother daughter trip of our own! 😁

drcasey

I just got back from a mother daughter trip with my mom! We went from May 12-19. It was our second Disney mother daughter trip and they are THE BEST! We also did the dessert party and it was totally worth it just to be able to sit and sprawl out while waiting for and watching the fireworks. You won’t regret it! And small world I also live in Indiana but am
Moving to Florida in just 2 short weeks! Can’t wait to read more about your trip

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I just got back from a mother daughter trip with my mom! We went from May 12-19. It was our second Disney mother daughter trip and they are THE BEST! We also did the dessert party and it was totally worth it just to be able to sit and sprawl out while waiting for and watching the fireworks. You won’t regret it! And small world I also live in Indiana but am
Moving to Florida in just 2 short weeks! Can’t wait to read more about your trip
I'm so glad to hear you liked the dessert party!

I'm also so jealous that your moving, I'm so ready to move someplace warmer. I swear the weather this year has been crazy. We had snow most of April and now in June it won't stop raining. I'm guessing you've already moved down to Florida. Hope all went well.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
12 Days everyone!!

Time has just went so fast. We have a graduation party for C this weekend so I've been busy with that.

We did get our magicbands and of course I had to wear it for awhile :happy:. Pink is new to me. I'm still trying to decide if I like it. I think I'll bring my yellow one just in case. :rolleyes:

InkedIMG_4023_LI.jpg

IMG_4016.JPG

After looking at this picture I think it's time to spray the weeds, now if it would only stop raining!

Surprisingly none of our plans have changed. We are still eating at all of our original choices. The only fastpass I can't get is for TSMM. I'm assuming that it is standby only, at least that's what I'm hoping. I am fighting an internal battle debating if I want to take my camera into the parks. I just want to be in the moment and also don't want to carry my camera around all day but I know I'll regret not bringing it if I choose not to.....Oh the dilemma's I have .

I have never seen Illuminations and that is one thing that we plan on doing. Where is a good spot, other than down wind?

Does anyone know if an 18 year old can sit in Nomad Lounge?

Do I save Navi River Journey until later in the day or do I try to ride first thing? (I hate the thought of rushing with everyone that is trying to make it to FOP)

How in the hell do you score 999,999 on Buzz!? Where are those high scoring targets!!?

How long after closing does the Kiss goodnight happen?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
12 Days is very exciting, my hubs and I are at 22 days today but I'll be there with my friend in a week.

I've found that either between Norway and Mexico is a good spot for Illuminations. I've also had good luck by France and Japan especially for last minute spots.

An 18 year can definitely be in Nomad Lounge, they have good food there too. I love that lounge, it has such a cool vibe.

As for Navi, if you don't have a fast pass, I would either go right away or at park close. It is an okay ride, but not worth a wait more than 15-20 minutes. If you stay to the left side of the crush of people going to Pandora you'll be on the correct side to veer off for Navi.

I wish I knew how to score 999,999 points on Buzz. I can barely get to 100,000. I do well at Toy Story though.

I think the Kiss Goodnight happens pretty quick after park close, but they do keep running (maybe every 15 minutes) for awhile afterwards. There have been times we have just sat by the castle at night enjoying the atmosphere and sat through it at least 3 times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom