The Transportation and Ticket Center needs a makeover. Desperately.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I don't know about the Disneyland Hotel and if they closed it, but the big problem is that they can't just close the TTC to rebuild it, unless they do some major changes temporarily.

Figment1986

The TTC could EASILY be redesigned by doing half and half. Much like how the tram stations were redone in a similar way.

Make everything match, right now we have the tram's with their new design, monorail stations with their color pallet, and the rest that screams 90's and not timeless. The TTC should scream Walt Disney World unification rather than what it's screaming now.

Improve signage too, hard to find things sometimes if your new.

Also they need to reduce the amount of windows they have, right now they have like a quarter closed up tight.

LSonDubz

I just zoom right through it so i could careless. i'd rather see the $$ go towards the inside of the park where i spend most of my time and pay money to get inside of

COProgressFan

Glad to see I'm not the only one who recognizes the TTC has good bones and a solid design language suffocating underneath that tacky 1990's overlay.

The TTC is the same vintage as most of the Disneyland Hotel. And out here in SoCal they are just finishing a comprehensive 3-year redo of the entire Disneyland Hotel. And you know what the Imagineers did with the old Disneyland Hotel? They ripped out all the 1990's contemporary "Disneyfied" overlays and went back to the original architecture and mid-century modern design aesthetic for the hotel, but updated it with new LED lighting and sleek new CM costumes and a saturated color palette with vintage artwork and fabrics and surfaces.

And the result is stunningly fresh and crisp and 21st century, yet also looks like something you would have seen showroom-new back in 1965. It's so hip it hurts, and they didn't have to do major surgery to get there. :cool:

They should get the exact same team of Imagineers that brought the Disneyland Hotel back to it's fabulous mid-century glory for the 21st century and ship them out to Orlando to work on redoing the TTC. There's a huge potential there, without using a single bulldozer to destroy the place.

Completely agree. The TTC badly needs a makeover, and the 1990s redesign on top of the 1970s design is a disaster. Add to that, the horrible maintenance of what is there.

But TDO won't even spend money on the actual parks, let alone on the TTC. No matter how horrible the condition of the TTC, without any perceived return on their investment, I sadly don't see this happening anytime soon.

flavious27

I do agree that it NEEDS a makeover, but how could they do it? They can't close it...

They could straighten the tracks out more south of the present platform and start to build the new ttc from there. A larger platform will ease some of the problems. Also disney can have the platform built to accommodate the current ALWEG and be easily upgradable.

Jakester

They could straighten the tracks out more south of the present platform and start to build the new ttc from there. A larger platform will ease some of the problems. Also disney can have the platform built to accommodate the current ALWEG and be easily upgradable.
I wouldn't mind the alweg, but it seems more classic to disneyland. Besides, if it ever did come to WDW, It would have to have the same capacity (if not more) of the current WDW Fleet *Which is aging horribly*

Im not aganist new WDW Monorails, but I kind of like the design WDW monorails have always have, call it Classic WDW for say.

flavious27

I say implode it, it's ancient. It's not a transportation hub! :xmas:

Not anymore. Disney really won't have a transportation hub with the current system it has. Now if there was a high speed line into wdw and disney setup a prt system, a transportation hub would need to be built.

flavious27

I wouldn't mind the alweg, but it seems more classic to disneyland. Besides, if it ever did come to WDW, It would have to have the same capacity (if not more) of the current WDW Fleet *Which is aging horribly*

Im not aganist new WDW Monorails, but I kind of like the design WDW monorails have always have, call it Classic WDW for say.

Huh? The mark vi are alweg based monorails.

c-one

Original Poster
I think Jakester means the current Disneyland monorails, which are radically different than the current WDW monorails and inspired by the original Disneyland ALWEG monorails. As opposed to the previous generation of Disneyland monorails (sorry I can't remember all the Marks), which had the WDW look of all-white with a colored stripe.

c-one

Original Poster
It would only need to be closed if we blew it up and started over. Which seems drastic. I think a renovation could be done in parts to minimize disruption.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

At 1 Million Dollars per foot of track (as some people will lead us to believe)....I hardly think that is an option.

I could be wrong though! :shrug:

flavious27

I think Jakester means the current Disneyland monorails, which are radically different than the current WDW monorails and inspired by the original Disneyland ALWEG monorails. As opposed to the previous generation of Disneyland monorails (sorry I can't remember all the Marks), which had the WDW look of all-white with a colored stripe.

Okay. Yeah the retro look of dl's monorail would be out of place at wdw. I would like to see the walk through style that tdl has, though I know that the beam is different.

At 1 Million Dollars per foot of track (as some people will lead us to believe)....I hardly think that is an option.

I could be wrong though! :shrug:

1 million per foot? That would make a mile 5.2 billion, that is a bit off from the real price.

MDenham

1 million per foot? That would make a mile 5.2 billion, that is a bit off from the real price.
Yeah, just a bit, and then there was the guy about a week ago claiming that it was $57.3 million per half foot, or roughly $605 billion per mile.

I'm not sure where some of these people come up with their numbers. Probably the same place that comes up with government estimates. :rolleyes:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Okay. Yeah the retro look of dl's monorail would be out of place at wdw. I would like to see the walk through style that tdl has, though I know that the beam is different.

You must have missed the part in parenthesis ! It was said tongue in cheek, just a goof on the internet figure of 1 million per mile that everyone loves to quote but no one can substantiate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom