The Town Center construction

*Q*

It could be that they are planning to keep the Marketplace bus stop for the next couple of years until they see how much capacity and traffic the main bus loop can handle. If Disney is satisfied with the results they might then slate the Marketplace loop as expansion space.

peter11435

How do we explain away the new bus entrance/exit that's been added there though?
We really don't know for sure that is what that is. It very possibly could just be a service road like the one that runs behind the orange garage. Or just the path buses will travel to get to the new bus stops to avoid Beuna Vista Drive at the hotel plaza Blvd intersection. I find it very unlikely t hey will utilize both bus stop areas.

peter11435

It's possible but it was a four month permit, so it's not something small. It's not like these are roofs on a building where a leak could cause major problems. I can't imagine much that couldn't wait on these.
Four months is interesting. It could be they are planning to keep the area for taxis and off property routes similar to how the old west side stops have been utilized

Next Big Thing

We really don't know for sure that is what that is. It very possibly could just be a service road like the one that runs behind the orange garage. Or just the path buses will travel to get to the new bus stops to avoid Beuna Vista Drive at the hotel plaza Blvd intersection. I find it very unlikely t hey will utilize both bus stop areas.
It doesn't really make sense to continue to operate both, especially with the Town Center stop being so large and centralized. I also hate multiple stops when riding the bus to DS, so I hope it goes away, but we'll see.

Slowjack

Am I reading this picture correctly? Is that the entrance to Cooke's Of Dublin on the left? When the construction walls were up here the area where the woman is standing at the railing was outdoor seating for Cooke's, which frankly seemed to have too little seating even then at when things are busy. Do we have a guess whether the seating will return?

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Wow that's surprising that place seems very dangerous and too small to me
Yes we were there in November and went to the Springs one night and it was a madhouse buses everywhere people everywhere the whole thing was crowded and overwhelming. If they are keeping them I hope they do not use them for the buses. Just seems like the volume of traffic has clearly outgrown the original stop.

Monorail_Red_77

It doesn't really make sense to continue to operate both, especially with the Town Center stop being so large and centralized. I also hate multiple stops when riding the bus to DS, so I hope it goes away, but we'll see.

For me it seems like it will become an access road. You can see in the below pics, the road was not there in Feb 2015. Now in Mar 2016 the road is being built. My guess is it will run along and tie into the existing access road there.

springs 1.jpg

springs 2.jpg

dstrawn9889

So is this what "the springs" will look like after every afternoon thunderstorm in the summertime?
only while there is no groundcover to hold the silt and soil out of the water... this is recycled and filtered water, so when they turn on the pumps it should clear up in a few hours (depending, of course, on the volume that they were rated to cycle through the system)

Monorail_Red_77

For me it seems like it will become an access road. You can see in the below pics, the road was not there in Feb 2015. Now in Mar 2016 the road is being built. My guess is it will run along and tie into the existing access road there.

View attachment 140734

View attachment 140736

Based on this image below of a wider view. It looks to be that the road at the current marketplace bus stop will connect to existing roadway areas to the right side of the new Lime Garage still under const.

The Lime Garage access road (shown in orange) will not allow bus traffic due to the Lime Garage guest platform in the center of the garage that will connect guests to Town Center. Similar to Orange Garage guest platform on the corner of the garage.. It seems smaller than the Orange Garage access road (shown in yellow)

The new bus stop is in red with modified access road (shown in teal).

springs 4.jpg

Monorail_Red_77

only while there is no groundcover to hold the silt and soil out of the water... this is recycled and filtered water, so when they turn on the pumps it should clear up in a few hours (depending, of course, on the volume that they were rated to cycle through the system)

I wonder if the "Springs water" will be physically separated from the real lake water under the pedestrian bridges with a barrier wall. So that there is no contamination of the filtered spring water. (shown in red)

springs 6.jpg

Similar to how they made the MK hub moat look like it connnects under the bridges of the new park areas. Except, without the small drain culvert installed there.

new mk hub bridge.jpg

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I wonder if the "Springs water" will be physically separated from the real lake water under the pedestrian bridges with a barrier wall. So that there is no contamination of the filtered spring water. (shown in red)

View attachment 140739

Similar to how they made the MK hub moat look like it connnects under the bridges of the new park areas. Except, without the small drain culvert installed there.

View attachment 140740
The Springs are an independent water system. It's basically a giant swimming pool.

Gatorboy

Based on this image below of a wider view. It looks to be that the road at the current marketplace bus stop will connect to existing roadway areas to the right side of the new Lime Garage still under const.

The Lime Garage access road (shown in orange) will not allow bus traffic due to the Lime Garage guest platform in the center of the garage that will connect guests to Town Center. Similar to Orange Garage guest platform on the corner of the garage.. It seems smaller than the Orange Garage access road (shown in yellow)

The new bus stop is in red with modified access road (shown in teal).

View attachment 140737
I'm not saying the buses will run thru the access road by Lime garage, but they certainly could. The platform is similar to Orange Garages that goes over roadway. I'm sure it was made large enough for fire equipment to get in there and thus buses too.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, May 5. More construction walls were removed last night, from the bridge at T-Rex Café to Fulton's plaza. The two kiosks (not open yet) and the water fountain are available for guest enjoyment.

IMG_7779.JPG

IMG_7784.JPG

IMG_7785.JPG

It rained all day yesterday and into the evening (Wed) so the water was cloudy this morning. Two workmen were in the springs at the far end cleaning.

IMG_7783.JPG

Visible near the water fountain, is this faux "sand beach" with exposed tree roots. This appears in several places on both sides of the Springs. Looks like real sand, but it's themed concrete.

IMG_7782.JPG

One of the new kiosks, with the name displayed on the sandwich board in front (see next photo).

IMG_7781.JPG

IMG_7780.JPG

The other new kiosk, with the name on the sandwich board below.

IMG_7786.JPG

I think they are selling soap. ;)

IMG_7787.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, May 5. Additional photos of Disney Springs construction and new items.

An electronic sign display was installed at the plaza at the base of the escalators for the Orange garage. Not operational yet. There is a "map" button on the right side of the façade (both sides are the same). My guess is this electronic board will show daily events and advertising, with the map of Disney Springs shown "on demand" when the button is pushed.

IMG_7773.JPG

IMG_7774.JPG

At update to the sign at the corner of Hotel Plaza Blvd and Buena Vista Drive.

IMG_7791.JPG

Street level view of the new sign.

IMG_7798.JPG

The backside of the above sign.

IMG_7790.JPG

The smaller Disney Springs sign being constructed at the intersection of Buena Vista Drive and the entrance to ground level parking behind Cirque du Soleil.

IMG_7801.JPG

An overview of the new Disney Springs buildings from Buena Vista Drive, with tree landscaping.

IMG_7797.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom