The Tipping Point For Change

skypilot2922

I remember that story….

Not me but looks like it happened to him too, I guess he was even angrier that I was and has not 'let it go'.

I was thinking of doing the goofy challenge this year simply because runDisney events are fun, Not like the Boston Marathon where people are deadly serious. But decided to get my multiengine rating instead as Flight Safety is running an accelerated course then so I'll still be in Orlando but inside a simulator for most of two weeks

Last edited:

yulilin

Not me but looks like it happened to him too, I guess he was even angrier that I was and has not 'let it go'.

I was thinking of doing the goofy challenge this year simply because runDisney events are fun, Not like the Boston Marathon where people are deadly serious. But decided to get my multiengine rating instead as Flight Safety is running an accelerated course then so I'll still be in Orlando but inside a simulator for most of two weeks
Fordexplorer!! What's up!!

John park hopper

My tipping point was our trip in 2019 and I' ve been going since 1972 (22yrs old). reasons are many no sense rehashing what others have posted

Skypilot's post sums it up
"Exactly my issues with Disney all related to Disney not living up to the standards they set for themselves. It used to be Disney was the platinum standard of hospitality but now ‘we are better than Motel 6 and Golden Corrall’ is ‘good enough’"

Disstevefan1

You act like that's a bad thing. The majority of people are not wrapped up in cynical and irrational hatred of things beyond their control. We just returned from a two week trip, our first since before covid, and had an absolute ball. Yea there are things we don't like happening with the parks and but it's frankly childish to say "oh em gee, we're never going back because Disney didn't do [insert complaint] or is taking away [insert complaint]." Even with the looming paid FastPass options, that in itself will likely not sway our decision to not visit Disney World; we'll find something else to enjoy at the resort. For our family there will never be a tipping point.
That's Great and there are many, many more like you! Disney knows this.

Disney has learned it can completely CLOSE its theme parks for extended periods and come back STRONGER than ever.

Disney parks can raise prices for everything, make cuts on everything and folks keep coming back.

COVID HELPED the Disney Parks!

Folks are so desperate to get out of their homes they are flocking to the Disney Parks, it does not matter what the offerings are.

Don't worry, Disney Parks will survive the variant(s) too. Folks keep coming.

As I have said on many posts, in the past I thought there was a tipping point, but no more. There will be no tipping point. There will be no end. Disney Parks and TWDC is invincible.

I used to think the money grab stuff they would always do at the park would come back to bite them. Nope. It's just business as usual.

Charge more, provide less. ITS CONTINUES TO WORK. I am happy for TWDC's success! None of us wants the parks to ever fail, and as long as there are folks with disposable income, Disney is happy to take it.

Will families get priced out of a Disney vacation? Sure they will, but there are far more that are not, far more that are going for the first time, far more that keep coming back.

You gotta think Walt would be amazed at what a money making machine his company has become.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Hahahaha....

WDWMagic: skypilot2922
MouseOwners: ford91exploder (banned)
Disboards: ford91exploder
My tipping point was Marathon Weekend 2018Heck it happened to me during the anniversary marathon weekend.It was marathon weekend 2018
when my DVC reservation was 'given away' supposedly 'by accident'Where reservations magically disappearArrive to the hotel no reservation
but the answer after that was 'we cannot accomodate you, should have bought travel insurance - have a magical day'answer was sorry you cancelled have a magical day.Sorry we cant accommodate you the GV has been rented and we have no accommodations for you i hope you bought trip insurance.
Fortunately I had platinum status at Marriott so was able to score a villa over at Grande Vista which was VERY nice.Fortunately being a business traveller had status with Marriott and that lots o hotel points and 3k cash got us a grand villa at Marriott Grande Vista.so because of being Marriot elite used an unreasonable number of marriot points and 2500 bucks got us a Marriott GV.

My95cobras

You act like that's a bad thing. The majority of people are not wrapped up in cynical and irrational hatred of things beyond their control. We just returned from a two week trip, our first since before covid, and had an absolute ball. Yea there are things we don't like happening with the parks and but it's frankly childish to say "oh em gee, we're never going back because Disney didn't do [insert complaint] or is taking away [insert complaint]." Even with the looming paid FastPass options, that in itself will likely not sway our decision to not visit Disney World; we'll find something else to enjoy at the resort. For our family there will never be a tipping point.
So…. It’s childish to say that Disney has taken away so many things and is insanely poor quality and outrageously expensive I don’t want to return?

seems like your going somewhere because of nostalgia and will enjoy it no matter what they charge and change and take away. Kinda like a battered spouse.

Hahahaha....

My tipping point was Marathon Weekend 2018Heck it happened to me during the anniversary marathon weekend.It was marathon weekend 2018
when my DVC reservation was 'given away' supposedly 'by accident'Where reservations magically disappearArrive to the hotel no reservation
but the answer after that was 'we cannot accomodate you, should have bought travel insurance - have a magical day'answer was sorry you cancelled have a magical day.Sorry we cant accommodate you the GV has been rented and we have no accommodations for you i hope you bought trip insurance.
Fortunately I had platinum status at Marriott so was able to score a villa over at Grande Vista which was VERY nice.Fortunately being a business traveller had status with Marriott and that lots o hotel points and 3k cash got us a grand villa at Marriott Grande Vista.so because of being Marriot elite used an unreasonable number of marriot points and 2500 bucks got us a Marriott GV.

Where's the mic drop? I need to see and hear a mic drop.

UNCgolf

Hahahaha....

I just don't see the similarity.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Where’s the Baghdad Bob meme when you need one? Oh yeah…

1627953346336.png

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Hahahaha....

What’s really interesting is that it was actually in 2017
Staying on points arrive for the marathon and our room is not ready, 6 hours later we get a room but it's smaller that the one reserved told this is all we can give you or you can cancel your reservation (and forfeit the points) DW in tears and no we will not credit you the difference in room classes.

For the first time ever at Disney we felt like marks not guests and it was not a pleasant feeling.

matt9112

Nothing wrong with that. I know some Disney super-fans who refuse to step foot in Universal. Truth be told, Universal isn't all that bad. Heck, the WWHP (Potter) gave Disney a run for their money when it first opened. And I like to think Pandora and Galaxy's Edge are the result of that.

Universal has also continued to expand and improve WWOHP. It wasn't an ok were done here. I stand by my belief diagon ally is the most impressive land in florida. Pandora does have a better head liner IMHO and is a great atmosphere but its still a victim of "what the heck is pandora anyway" it doesn't wisk you away to anywhere you always wanted to be like WWOHP even SWGE fell flat. Lol live your own adventure? Uh i wanted to experience the universe you created on screen. But i mean ROTR outweighs that right? The ride most park guests cant ride?

matt9112

I think the trip report area is much more positive.

I think Universal offers a much more appealing trip on paper than Disney. Value for the money favors Universal. But there isn't the same feeling there. When your heart swells when you see the castle, that's an almost irreplaceable feeling. If it doesn't do that for me anymore, I'll stop going and go other places where it does.

I miss all the classic dark rides...but i get that same feeling at universal at IOA only ironically. The music amd vibe of the port of entry. Keep in mind AK and EPCOT also did this for me.

matt9112

Don’t get me wrong. I welcome conservation efforts as well as sanctuaries for vulnerable animals, but most zoos (including Animal Kingdom) are filled with creatures that are not endangered in any way and have simply been bred for captivity.

Alot of that is not just entertainment but education. A MASSIVE part of modern "zooing" is to simply get the public to love animals. If you adore and appreciate something your far less likely to hunt it or hurt it etc. More likely to take animals into account in everyday life.

aliceismad

I miss all the classic dark rides...but i get that same feeling at universal at IOA only ironically. The music amd vibe of the port of entry. Keep in mind AK and EPCOT also did this for me.
Yes. SSE and the Tree of Life/general Animal Kingdom have also made me tear up.

Benjamin_Nicholas

Hahahaha....

This is impressive.

That someone has the time to create multiple screen names on a Disney board is both sad and incredible.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hahahaha....

To be fair…he’s been somewhat benign/behaving to this point…

the lost DVC reservation is my favorite…full on meltdown on the DIS for that one

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom