The Tip-Top Club: Sorcerer's Apprentice Boardroom

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
TP34J4X.jpg

The Imagineers all received an invitation to arrive at the Tip Top Club at the Hollywood Tower Hotel for 'The Boardroom'

"Oh geez" @Disney Dad 3000 whispered to himself "I hope there isn't a tab on this party"

"Oh we'll be picking it up" a voice from beyond echoed as four figures stepped out of the shadows

bvJq3Ku.jpg

"Ahh!" @Honey Bee said with glee "What is this all about?"

"We're going back to the Sorcerer's Apprentice Universe!" Kermit said "We've all had a long journey through the multiverse, and now we're going home"

"It's been a long time coming!" @Tegan pilots a chicken exclaimed

The teams followed the directions on the invitation and proceeded to travel to Disney's Hollywood Studios, passing the DHS version of the Carthay Circle Theater on their way down Sunset Boulevard.

6625553988899020533%253Faccount_id%253D9

And to their next hotel destination....
A4pOF6i.jpg

"It's raining...it's pouring" @tcool123 snickered

"Hey, stop that!" @MickeyWaffleCo. said "I'm scared enough as it is!"

The players examined the elevator floors and noticed something peculiar, 13 floors and 13 Stanzas, almost as if everything was leading them...to the Twilight Zone
DnADTvv.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
DBIyAUp.jpg

The elevator began to rise and ascended beyond the 13th floor - to the Tip Top Club in the 5th Dimension.

"Is Budweiser Zero served here?" @b-wolf95 asked

"I don't think any drinks have been served here since 1939" @ThemeParkPriest guessed

When the doors opened and the Imagineers stepped out into the Club, Fozzie then sat down with them to discuss why they were checked into a deserted hotel on the dark side of Hollywood.

"You're all here to answer the following questions in order to have a chance to advance into the playoffs - the final 3 Stanzas of the Season to determine the 7th Sorcerer's Apprentice.

There are so many memories and stand out performances and now is the chance to convey what you felt were some of your personal achievements throughout the game!"

"HULK HAND OUT QUESTIONS!" Hulk passed out the pamphlet with the questions for the players to answer.

1. What did you feel were your Top 5 contributions to the game and why?

2. Which project did you struggle with the most and what (if anything) did you learn from it?

3. If you were to advance, do you anticipate any exams/trips/work in your way that would take precedence over the game?

-------------------------------

The players then spent the next several days responding to the questions

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Not me, I’m probably gonna wait till I’m done with my stuff this round to answer so I can have completely accurate responses.
Yep that's totally fine and that is why the responses are due Sunday April 4th at noon EST!

For those who feel they can answer the questions now - they have ample time, for those who would like to wait until the end of Stanza XIII, they still have time after to complete their answers!

Last edited:

tcool123

Leave it to me to post first huh? It's an honor to be here in the Tip Top Club as it has been a LONG time since I last have actively competed in a competition with the idea of fully taking this to end and taking hope the big V for victory!

My top five contributions include the following:
1. Jungle of Pixels from Stanza 5 I feel is my biggest contribution. When our Project Manager was mostly absent I stepped in to take control and guide my team to a win. I helped lay out the plan of attack involving many concepts I came with while working in the projects that my teammates had passion for to help blend them into this land seamlessly. In addition to creating the base outline, various attractions, dining, entertainment and even the map for the land I also was fully ready to help with any land as I provided possible outlines for every possible land in the park fully fleshed out with a multitude of attractions, shopping, dinning, and entertainment.​
2. DC Funverse from Stanza 7 was a project that once again where my presence can be felt. When my teammate @Lora Baines Bradley needed help with her quick service I came in to offer her guidance and gave her plenty of pointers for the menu and seating area which is what likely led her to include the Tcool Burger as I really didn't have any say in that, honest. On top of helping my teammate I'm proud of my work on the Gamefloor seeing various classic arcade games turned DCified, a sentient genderfluid bathroom, and Super Snacks which contained some themed snacks. The cherry on top though was the Pinball machine for me. While I was supposed to have help with it a situation occurred in Team Reality that threw a lot into chaos, but I persevered and continued to work on the pinball machine. This pinball machine highlights my attention to detail from special effects, music, scripts, lighting, and even a story I tried to make sure this was a unique pinball machine, and clearly my efforts paid out as Team Reality won that challenge.​
3. Body Tours from Stanza 4 is another project I am immensely proud of with my work in that attraction truly shining through. While it went to blue sky it highlighted my creativity when it came to whipping out attraction write ups. I ended up creating the attraction with baselines from other team members, but created the preshow completely from scratch. In addition I hand drew every original character shown in the project, and later went in on Paint.net to bring them to life with color. This marked a new starting point for me as it was the first time I attempted to draw for a competition, and I ended up receiving good feedback from the judges such as:​
I had no idea you were such a great cartoonist!!! This whole cast made by you and Space did such a fantastic job balancing real science with cartoony charm! Feels totally unique and totally Epcot!​
I have taken the feedback from this stanza and have no applied it to many of my projects that I have worked on for this project.​
4. My various writing credentials for shows like Annie in Stanza Two for Team Soul highlighted my show writing prowess while showing my knowledge of theater and references to not only Annie, but other musicals and films that I pulled in to help create and pull together this show which recieved the reception of:​
The detail here is insane. To all who contributed -- congratulations, you can call yourself a playwright now​
This glowing review really encouraged me to come going with writing for all future stanzas.​
5. A different aspect of Stanza Two for Team Soul was the Enchanted boat ride that I created. I am immensely proud of it from the small details of the boats being based off the classic Magic Kingdom swan boats to successfully mimicking the antics of the characters while taking guests into the world of New York and Andalusia in a seamless way.​

2. Which project did you struggle with the most and what (if anything) did you learn from it?
While I didn't struggle during the project I did struggle afterwards with reviews of Body Tours. Given it had been a long period of time since I fully attempted to compete I was a bit rusty and a bit out of touch when it came to writing submissions. This was reflected in how advanced Body Tours came out to being incorporating many ride concepts that had yet to truly exist yet in 2000 while containing a large and ambitious plan that wasn't within the realm of possibility given the year and uh Eisnerish of it all. Since then I have learned to keep my projects more downsized and rooted in realism keeping in mind the year and prompt. In that stanza I struggled with accepting my cartoons as I feared my inexperience would harm my team, but luckily they were well received and encouraged me to draw for many more challenges.

3. If you were to advance, do you anticipate any exams/trips/work in your way that would take precedence over the game?
200.gif

All gifs aside as I mentioned this is my busy week at university, and I have spring break soon after meaning I'll have plenty of free time. Afterwards I go down to having two classes that are relatively easy and move to purely online giving me all the time in the world to win Sorcerer's Apprentice. Currently I have no trips planned so that won't be an issue, and I'm also unemployed meaning no work in my way 😎

Orange Cat

Leave it to me to post first huh? It's an honor to be here in the Tip Top Club as it has been a LONG time since I last have actively competed in a competition with the idea of fully taking this to end and taking hope the big V for victory!

1. Jungle of Pixels from Stanza 5 I feel is my biggest contribution. When our Project Manager was mostly absent I stepped in to take control and guide my team to a win. I helped lay out the plan of attack involving many concepts I came with while working in the projects that my teammates had passion for to help blend them into this land seamlessly. In addition to creating the base outline, various attractions, dining, entertainment and even the map for the land I also was fully ready to help with any land as I provided possible outlines for every possible land in the park fully fleshed out with a multitude of attractions, shopping, dinning, and entertainment.​
2. DC Funverse from Stanza 7 was a project that once again where my presence can be felt. When my teammate @Lora Baines Bradley needed help with her quick service I came in to offer her guidance and gave her plenty of pointers for the menu and seating area which is what likely led her to include the Tcool Burger as I really didn't have any say in that, honest. On top of helping my teammate I'm proud of my work on the Gamefloor seeing various classic arcade games turned DCified, a sentient genderfluid bathroom, and Super Snacks which contained some themed snacks. The cherry on top though was the Pinball machine for me. While I was supposed to have help with it a situation occurred in Team Reality that threw a lot into chaos, but I persevered and continued to work on the pinball machine. This pinball machine highlights my attention to detail from special effects, music, scripts, lighting, and even a story I tried to make sure this was a unique pinball machine, and clearly my efforts paid out as Team Reality won that challenge.​
3. Body Tours from Stanza 4 is another project I am immensely proud of with my work in that attraction truly shining through. While it went to blue sky it highlighted my creativity when it came to whipping out attraction write ups. I ended up creating the attraction with baselines from other team members, but created the preshow completely from scratch. In addition I hand drew every original character shown in the project, and later went in on Paint.net to bring them to life with color. This marked a new starting point for me as it was the first time I attempted to draw for a competition, and I ended up receiving good feedback from the judges such as:​

I have taken the feedback from this stanza and have no applied it to many of my projects that I have worked on for this project.​
4. My various writing credentials for shows like Annie in Stanza Two for Team Soul highlighted my show writing prowess while showing my knowledge of theater and references to not only Annie, but other musicals and films that I pulled in to help create and pull together this show which recieved the reception of:​

This glowing review really encouraged me to come going with writing for all future stanzas.​
5. A different aspect of Stanza Two for Team Soul was the Enchanted boat ride that I created. I am immensely proud of it from the small details of the boats being based off the classic Magic Kingdom swan boats to successfully mimicking the antics of the characters while taking guests into the world of New York and Andalusia in a seamless way.​

While I didn't struggle during the project I did struggle afterwards with reviews of Body Tours. Given it had been a long period of time since I fully attempted to compete I was a bit rusty and a bit out of touch when it came to writing submissions. This was reflected in how advanced Body Tours came out to being incorporating many ride concepts that had yet to truly exist yet in 2000 while containing a large and ambitious plan that wasn't within the realm of possibility given the year and uh Eisnerish of it all. Since then I have learned to keep my projects more downsized and rooted in realism keeping in mind the year and prompt. In that stanza I struggled with accepting my cartoons as I feared my inexperience would harm my team, but luckily they were well received and encouraged me to draw for many more challenges.

200.gif

All gifs aside as I mentioned this is my busy week at university, and I have spring break soon after meaning I'll have plenty of free time. Afterwards I go down to having two classes that are relatively easy and move to purely online giving me all the time in the world to win Sorcerer's Apprentice. Currently I have no trips planned so that won't be an issue, and I'm also unemployed meaning no work in my way 😎
Do we uh, all have to write like, uh, college essays, as our, uh, responses?

Outbound

200.gif

Excellent first post!

Btw, if Tcool advances, they will be the only former winner to advance to this season’s playoff... with the chance of being the first two-season winner 😲

tcool123

Btw, if Tcool advances, they will be the only former winner to advance to this season’s playoff... with the chance of being the first two-season winner 😲
To paraphrase Tegan:

"GIMME THE TIARA 👑 ".

No but like seriously I hope to win again that was six years ago to say I've grown and changed into a whole new person is an understatement. I'm basically a whole new person and Sorcerer's was a whole different creature back then that what it has become in the modern era. But like literally I'm a whole new user than since I won because that was @tcool , @tcool123 has never won a Sorcerer's Apprentice ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom