The Timekeeper

Timekeeper was a great show and just maybe a little too smart for what Disney thinks of todays average guest.

I think that Timekeeper and 9-eyes would make great ambassadors for Tomorrowland. I can see some type of partially outdoor exhibition welcoming people the way that Barker Bird once did. Uh-oa would be a great Adventureland counter to this.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

Original Poster
Timekeeper was a great show and just maybe a little too smart for what Disney thinks of todays average guest.

I think that Timekeeper and 9-eyes would make great ambassadors for Tomorrowland. I can see some type of partially outdoor exhibition welcoming people the way that Barker Bird once did. Uh-oa would be a great Adventureland counter to this.

This is a great idea! It really would bring some "umph" back to Tomorrowland. I'm not in the opinion that Tomorrowland should be gutted like some have suggested on here, but it does need something extra...this would be interesting...

Cmdr_Crimson

What I find sad is all incarnations of Timekeeper and other versions are in Disney Heaven now..

The Motorola Robot Starnac in Innoventions
2702781784_113446e32d.jpg

DL Innoventions Tom Morrow
3327788442_b54399c345_z.jpg

And of Course...Timekeeper
draft_lens17472491module147160921photo_1295154187timekeeper.jpg

Into robot heaven they went...RIP...:(

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'll preface this by saying that Horizons and Timekeeper we among my favorite attractions in WDW, but the reason they are not there anymore is simply that guests stopped going on them. It is really no more complicated than that. Bringing back the original in pretty much any case would result in a year or two of great attendance followed by the same problem of low attendance. Sadly, the quality of an attraction seems to have little to do with the masses wanting to see it over and over again.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'll preface this by saying that Horizons and Timekeeper we among my favorite attractions in WDW, but the reason they are not there anymore is simply that guests stopped going on them. It is really no more complicated than that. Bringing back the original in pretty much any case would result in a year or two of great attendance followed by the same problem of low attendance. Sadly, the quality of an attraction seems to have little to do with the masses wanting to see it over and over again.

It wouldv'e been nice to have used Timekeeper as a Living character tho..IMO

awesomeinabox

I am sure that as an adult I love the Timekeeper, but when I saw it I was under the age of 10, and hated every minute of the show. I mentioned Timekeeper to my friends and they all seemed to agree, it was the worst if you were little. Now I wasn't a lazy kid, I played sports and was very active, and what we all seemed to remember was that there was no seating and we couldn't really see over the heads of the adults from other parties that were standing around.
I did like the animatronic and agree that it would be a great greeter/ambassador.

rsoxguy

I went to this attraction often and enjoyed it, but one of the things that kept me away at times was the fact that there was no seating. I don't know about any of the other millions of guests, but my feet were at times too sore to stand throughout the duration of this show. I say they keep the Monster's Inc. seating, and bring back the Timekeeper. Boom- there's your solution.

luv

I think it was pretty good, but I rarely went in there. It wasn't so good that I was willing to stand for it when I could sit in CoP.

I didn't mourn its loss when they got rid of it the way I have some other things.

ExtinctJenn

As absolutely ridiculous as this sounds, outside of videos and the fact that I had to research and write a page about Timekeeper for my site (see signature lol) I never got to experience this attraction. Everything I know about it and everything I've seen however tells me that it was a MUCH better fit for a place called "Tomorrowland" than a Stand-Up-Comedy Routine by (projected) Monsters. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Laugh Floor but I'm not sure it fits into a theme of "Tomorrow" as much as it fits "Fantasy" so it was misplaced in my opinion. :D

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
As absolutely ridiculous as this sounds, outside of videos and the fact that I had to research and write a page about Timekeeper for my site (see signature lol) I never got to experience this attraction. Everything I know about it and everything I've seen however tells me that it was a MUCH better fit for a place called "Tomorrowland" than a Stand-Up-Comedy Routine by (projected) Monsters. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Laugh Floor but I'm not sure it fits into a theme of "Tomorrow" as much as it fits "Fantasy" so it was misplaced in my opinion. :D
TomorrowLand ceased being TomorrowLand quite some time ago and SpaceFantasyLand just does not have a good ring to it.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

Original Poster
TomorrowLand ceased being TomorrowLand quite some time ago and SpaceFantasyLand just does not have a good ring to it.

True. I am not bothered by the retro-future-that-never-will-be. It's always been a mix of sci-fi and fantasy, and never a "hard" sci-fi land (although Alien Encounter and The Timekeeper were a step in the right direction). It is definitely not existing in a universe like Dune or Blade Runner... I like it... just want a new attraction in there somewhere haha

Figment82

I loved Timekeeper. To this day, my mom and I will randomly go "Oedipus, schmedipus." It was wonderful to see it at Disneyland Paris too. I miss it terribly.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

Original Poster
I loved Timekeeper. To this day, my mom and I will randomly go "Oedipus, schmedipus." It was wonderful to see it at Disneyland Paris too. I miss it terribly.

The other night, when tossing around a trip to Disney, my mom asked: "Is the Timekeeper still there?" And I had to break her heart... I'm a horrible son! haha "Oedipus, schmedipus" was one of my favorite lines haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom