The things that you absolutely HAVE to do

sbkline

This is more of a thing I have to do everytime I visit the Orlando area (which, Of course, includes Disney), although it is not a Disney thing per se. It is to play mini-golf at the Pirates Island in Kissimmee and visit the old Kissimee Walmart next door to Medeival Times.

As far as Disney stuff is concerned, almost every ride is a must do...at least the ones I have done. There are a few rides or attractions that I never have gotten around to doing, however. Other than that, I don't think that there are any "little" things that I just HAVE to do at WDW. However, next spring will be our first time staying on property, so perhaps after we have more on property visits under our belt, we will come up with something that is a "must do" on every trip.

Dukeblue1016

Original Poster
sbkline said:
However, next spring will be our first time staying on property, so perhaps after we have more on property visits under our belt, we will come up with something that is a "must do" on every trip.

I'd say that you are likely to... if you see my list, most of those things aren't because I'm in Disney, but because of where I am in Disney... growing up, I always stayed at the Beach Club, with once at both Boardwalk and Yacht Club as well... which is why when I go with my girlfriend (we're only 21 and therefore don't have a lot of money and stay at the Values... which are a lot nicer than sometimes given credit i gotta say, great for the price!) but... because I grew up always coming back to the hotel from MGM on a boat... I always have to do that at least once... and always have to enter Epcot from the World Showcase side at least once... because I always entered that way... same with the Beaches N Cream thing, and some of the others...

I'm sure for some who always stayed at say... Polynesian, they'd have the memory and need to eat at like.... Kona Cafe maybe? Or sit on the beach... ride the monorail (although I think that pertains to everyone)

but growing up and the hotels you stick with... for me at least, is what made me have these little things I just NEED to do...

So I hope you get a few more things you "need' to do, and have a good trip!!!

popsicletrees

I always have to:
-Ride the monorail and stop at GF, Poly, and CR for some shopping
-eat a veiled maiden each and every time I pass Norway
-buy Koalas in Japan
-see MK, Epcot, and MGM at night (sorry I haven't seen AK after the sunsets)
-smell all the perfumes in France
-I people watch also, but my grandmother does it nonstop and fills me in on what I missed when I'm off riding something
-spend a lot of money at the Virgin Megastore and stop in front of Cirque to say, "someday I'll see that."

tink81

JCorduroy said:
Oh - and can someone tell me what the heck a Dole Whip is? :p

Welcome to the boards:wave:

So you're an AP and you've never had a Dole Whip? For shame.

Dole Whips-pineapple soft serve ice cream served in a cup alone or with pineapple juice. The stand is sponsored by Dole and it's located on your right after you cross the bridge into Adventureland. WDW, DL and the Dole Plantation in Hawaii are the only places you can get these awesome treats! Try one next time you visit MK!

sbkline

On second thought, there is something I MUST do every time I visit WDW. Ride the Monorail. Even when I have gone on a one day, one park ticket, I still rode the monorail. Just something about hearing the narrator and smelling that monorail smell and seeing the other park...especially lit up at night. And seeing the freeway down below and the trees and grass. :sohappy:

Sloan

just a few

Like rileyspaw, - find and then touch our LEAVE A LEGACY plate at EPCOT

have some Smart Watermellon @ Ice Station Cool (now Club Cool) (while telling others to try the Beverly :lol: )

check out Mouse Gear

watch Illuminations

It was to ride 'The Timekeeper' (which was never a popular attraction) but we all know what its being replaced with now :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: .

But I guess it that I ride Space Mountain at least 5 times in one trip to the MK and possibly ride the ferryboat on our way back from MK.

HoW

- Eat a Citurs Swirl
- Play Miniature Golf on the Fantasia Course
- Get a Picture with Captain Hook
- Dinner at Boma/Breakfast at Kona Cafe
- Ride in the Front of a Monorail
- Watch Impression de France
- Ride the TTA
- Reminisce about attraction long gone
- Try to get onstage for Indiana Jones

The list could go on, but that covers the basics really...

Pizza Guy

We also do a number of the things listed in this thread already, so I will not post repeats. It is interesting to see everyone's must do's and see which are common and which are not.

One I would dare say is probably pretty unique however, is this. When my son was two or three years old, We were walking past the Alladdin ride when all of a sudden we were "spit on" by the camel that shoots water out of his mouth. My son thought this was the funniest thing in the world, and now every time we go through Magic Kingdom, we must pass the camel and let him get us, which still amuses my son (and thus us) to no end. My daughter has not quite figured out the attraction of getting hit in the head with a water blast, but my son, wife and I are sure she will come around...

Uponastar

Hi Joe!

- have ice cream at Ghiradelli's
- do at least one round of hotel hopping
- spend lots of time in "The Art of Disney"
- spend hours sitting on top of the train station in the MK, people watching
- hang out at Boardwalk
- ride the monorail . . . a lot!
- watch the "British Invasion" and "Off Kilter"
- ride the MK train . . . a lot!
- walk the trails in AK

and so much more!

Astronaut Jones

- Downtown Disney the night we get there with dinner at the Rainforest Cafe.
- Take the Monorail through the Contemporary
- Rent a canoe at Fort Wilderness
- Ride the boats to the Wilderness Lodge at night
- Take a Surry(sp?) around the Boardwalk/Beach and Yacht Club loop.
- A ridiculously early breakfast, consisting of a Micky shaped waffle before heading over to the parks.

Dukeblue1016

Original Poster
AH YES... the Leave a Legacy... always must go see that (its of my girlfriend of me... I'd like to get one with my family since I've been with them like 14 times... but haven't been with them since... that's sad actually... my last 4 trips didn't involve my parents/brother/sister... :()

eroyee

:wave: Have a Mickey waffle. Go to Wilderness Lodge and look around. Hug EEyore. Ride Winnie the Pooh ride. Ride the boat somewhere. see the electric light pageant at nite. Ride the monorail.:sohappy:

allabtbrdway

a lot of we do has already been mentioned so i wont repeat them but we

*get cinnabons from main street bakery
*See the MK parade in the same spot
*Go to Animal kingdom the first day
*Eat at Earl of Sandwhich at DDT on the first night
*See Beauty and the Beast in "our seats"
*Fesitval of the Lion King
*people watch
*Go to aunt polly's to get ice cream
*See Voices of Liberty
*Take pictures with Belle :)

and this isnt disney really, but we drive from Maryland everytime so...in tradition we always stop for dinner at the very first Craker Barrel (sp?) in North Carolina!!

hrcollectibles

1. Ride The Monorail
2. TTA
3. Mickey Mouse Premium Bar
4. See Fantasmic
5. Ride POTC
6. HM
7. Thunder Mountain
I could go on forever... Great thread

Tim G

Dinner at Le Cellier...
Or...
Dinner at Citricos
Or...
Dinner at California Grill
Or...
Dinner at Narcoossee's
Or...
Not to forget... BOMA

Any place of the above at least once a week, whichever comes first... :D

I luv WDW

Must do

Listen to the Voices of Liberty
Eat a Mickey Bar
ride Test Track
Eat at Chef Mickey's and take pictures with every character.
Play one of the WDW golf courses
Ride Living With the Land
Ride Spaceship Earth
Walk down Main Street USA just after park opening.
See the American Adventure
Watch Impressions de France

Next trip: Nov. 23, 2006:xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom