Trip Report The Story Comes ALIVE! *COMPLETED*

Hello again, my friends.

For nearly a decade it has been such a joy for me to write about 50 (yes, 50!) different trips that I have taken to WDW - including one that was virtual. ;)

The reason? You, the reader.

I don’t do trip reports for my own documentation. I have journals for that. I write because I love interacting with y’all. Your encouragement, humor, curiosity and even snark (*ahem* @amjt660) assure me that I am not alone in my crazy affection for Disney parks. A big thanks to each of you!

I am very fortunate to be a frequent visitor to WDW (despite what @Mr Ferret 88 believes, I do not live there!) and am entering a season of monthly visits. Trip reporting is time consuming (as those of you who’ve written can attest) but I’m not ready to completely give it up - yet.

What I’d like to do is keep this as an ongoing TR for the rest of 2023. It will be highlights and moments, with live posting as the goal. My story coming alive, so to speak.

First up is spring break with my favorite girl.

AA48F088-9593-431D-9863-5A1CC9431BEF.jpeg

Followed closely by a getaway with my favorite guy.

22534EF9-828F-43F6-A922-359B962CEC72.jpeg

There will be Magician meets. New experiences. And (as always) the unexpected.

I hope you’ll join the fun!

Spash007

If I recall, the lights on the back of the Dino vehicles were put in about a year ago or so. I believe they added the “roll bars” on the back for safety, and added the lights for “theming”

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
If I recall, the lights on the back of the Dino vehicles were put in about a year ago or so. I believe they added the “roll bars” on the back for safety, and added the lights for “theming”
Michelle Tanner Thanks GIF

I hope @TrolleyFollower91 has fast fingers for Tron. We'll need a tips and tricks post for that. Of course, by the time I ever get back, it'll change again.
We’ll know tomorrow!

Well, boy, am I late to the party! I just read all 11 pages and loved every minute of it.
Your joy at being at WDW makes me miss it! You make it seem that it is possible to Not use D+ and still have a fun day, even with holiday crowds:)
Nice To See You Everybody Loves Raymond GIF by TV Land

TrolleyFollower91

Code emesis on Guardians.

Em is getting a reride.
Moving and grooving to Disco Inferno when the ride comes to a sudden halt. Music turns off. Lights come on, exposing the big grey box the ride is inside.

“Cool! Evac!” I thought to myself. All the passengers look at one another anticipating an announcement of some kind, when suddenly our starjumper launches forward and we complete the end of the ride in silence with the lights on. When I say the ride really lacks something without music and effects, I’m not kidding!

We pull into the station and Big Guy in the car behind me shouts “Reride! Reride!” The befuddled cast members look around as we unload. Big Guy then explains the issue to the CMs, who explain that happens when there is a delay in unloading. It was then we all turned to see the Reversal of Fortune splattered on the ground hidden by towels 🤢. Big Guy still demands a reride, so they take us through the chicken exit to get back in line at the loading zone.

Yet again, there was a delay in the next starjumper train to load passengers. CMs were complaining to one another that the unload CMs aren’t releasing dispatch fast enough, the protein spill wasn’t on the car, blah blah blah. Finally, I load up (front row!) and save the Galaxy to One Way or Another.

I have never once gotten a flattering picture on GotG. I’m always looking off to the side with a gremlin smile on my face. Today, I was bound and determined to get a good ride photo. “Just look forward” I kept telling myself. With the second ride, I was destined to be gremlin-free!

Ride 1:
415A69ED-D33C-480F-A574-9A26A85D11D7.jpeg

Ride 2:
22CEEA52-3C65-4621-8E86-93943A9C7931.jpeg

And in case you don’t believe me:
A2B589A4-1345-43E5-B24E-149032561DA1.jpeg

I guess there’s always next time…

93boomer

Premium Member
Moving and grooving to Disco Inferno when the ride comes to a sudden halt. Music turns off. Lights come on, exposing the big grey box the ride is inside.

“Cool! Evac!” I thought to myself. All the passengers look at one another anticipating an announcement of some kind, when suddenly our starjumper launches forward and we complete the end of the ride in silence with the lights on. When I say the ride really lacks something without music and effects, I’m not kidding!

We pull into the station and Big Guy in the car behind me shouts “Reride! Reride!” The befuddled cast members look around as we unload. Big Guy then explains the issue to the CMs, who explain that happens when there is a delay in unloading. It was then we all turned to see the Reversal of Fortune splattered on the ground hidden by towels 🤢. Big Guy still demands a reride, so they take us through the chicken exit to get back in line at the loading zone.

Yet again, there was a delay in the next starjumper train to load passengers. CMs were complaining to one another that the unload CMs aren’t releasing dispatch fast enough, the protein spill wasn’t on the car, blah blah blah. Finally, I load up (front row!) and save the Galaxy to One Way or Another.

I have never once gotten a flattering picture on GotG. I’m always looking off to the side with a gremlin smile on my face. Today, I was bound and determined to get a good ride photo. “Just look forward” I kept telling myself. With the second ride, I was destined to be gremlin-free!

Ride 1:
View attachment 708779

Ride 2:
View attachment 708780

And in case you don’t believe me:
View attachment 708781

I guess there’s always next time…
Wow!! You had an interesting experience!
You looked normal compared to mine.
Don’t worry! My head was thrown back, and my eyes were backwards. It was scary!🤣🤣

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday, con’t

Em kept me apprised on her progress in Guardians. From the moment she left me until we reunited was 70 minutes.

IMG_9366.jpeg

We meandered to World Showcase. First stop Mexico. I needed some a/c.

There was a queue line in the entrance of the pavilion, something we had not seen since the pandemic.

Three Caballeros had a queue outside its entrance as well.

IMG_9369.jpeg

IMG_9370.jpeg

youngdeb

The Door Nazis were patrolling the area in front of Satu’li Canteen. They would not let anyone pass by unless their mobile order had been called.

Meanwhile most of the guests sitting in the outdoor dining area were not consuming Satu’li food. 🤔

Yet Em and I were not allowed to proceed towards the restaurant, even though our mobile order was in process (which I showed the DNCM) but not ready.

“May we stand in the shade?” I asked as the sun beat down on us.

She couldn’t have been more nasty. “NO. You must stay outside this area until your order is called.”

It was a hot wait.

The restaurant was not crowded inside. In fact one entire section was roped off. There were two families picking up mobile orders and about half a dozen guests ordering at the register. (Not sure how they got past the DNCMs.)

But our grilled steak bowls with hearty salad were worth the aggravation!

View attachment 708608

The door Nazis were out in October when we were there as well. Wouldn't let us in to find a seat even showing that we had ordered...

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
The end of the line for Frozen was almost to China - again, something we had not seen since the pandemic (when there were 6-foot separation markers for social distancing.)

Though we took notice of the F&G topiaries, we did not stop at another country until we reached America. Temps were becoming toasty and the crowds were swelling.

We found a cool place to eat lunch.

IMG_9374.jpeg

IMG_9375.jpeg

No S’mores brownie today because we had another dessert in mind.

This was my favorite topiary. It is absolutely stunning in person. The magnolias are a nice touch.

IMG_9376.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Our next stop was Morocco for a cider flight. While I desperately miss eating at the Tangierine Cafe, it was nice to be sitting on the patio again.

Our view.

IMG_9378.jpeg

The cider flight.

IMG_9377.jpeg

Em liked all three and had a hard time picking a favorite. I liked them all as well, but was partial to the strawberry elderflower.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
On our way out of the park we stopped at the Photopass station in the Camera Center. Em has received a strangers’ picture from Guardians for ride #1 and she wanted her photo.

We quickly changed into our swimwear for a dip in the pool. Unfortunately we did not stay as long as we would have liked. One of the pool games was “cheer for your favorite ride.” The CM would give two choices and the kids were supposed to cheer for whichever one they liked best. However, there were two young girls who mistook
“cheer” for “shriek as loud as you can.” Their screams were ear-piercing. After about 15 minutes of this game, we had had enough!

IMG_9383.jpeg

IMG_9384.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom