The Spirited Back Nine ...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
How about enjoying both rides (7DMT and Gingotts) for what they are. Just sit back and enjoy the ride for what it is instead of complaining about what it isn't or which is better and why. Don't know about others, but we go to the parks to have fun and enjoy the attractions. Sure, some things need work or should be better, but it's hard to have fun if you're always looking for what's wrong. Unless you are happy being miserable.
Thus is the nature of this place. It wouldn't be a thread without the Uni does everything better than Disney discussion.

Magenta Panther

i always thought they should call it Disney's Movie Magic Park or something. That would explain the California/studios vibe in some parts, TGMR, and cover all the IP they could want (as long as it's movies, so the ABC theme might need some work). Just a working idea I've noticed in other threads with my own thoughts mixed in.

You know, your "Disney's Movie Magic" name is kinda cool. Better than "Disney's Hollywood Adventure". I'm just not sure about the "Park" part. Maybe "Disney's Movie Magic Adventure"? Hmmm, I like that...

PrincessNelly_NJ

Not in the parks, but the rest of Disney:
  • Steve Jobs was the largest individual owner of Disney stock.
  • Bob Iger is on Apple's board.
  • Apple apparently consulted on the now dead Imagination Park Disney Store concept.
  • Disney Movies Anywhere currently only works with iTunes.
  • The square iPod nano had Disney watch faces and so will the Apple Watch.
  • Disney Store and Walt Disney World are delayed Apple Pay partners.
And slightly related, but more just an interesting factoid, Macs are the default computers used at Google.

That's what I thought... thanks.

lazyboy97o

How about enjoying both rides (7DMT and Gingotts) for what they are. Just sit back and enjoy the ride for what it is instead of complaining about what it isn't or which is better and why. Don't know about others, but we go to the parks to have fun and enjoy the attractions. Sure, some things need work or should be better, but it's hard to have fun if you're always looking for what's wrong. Unless you are happy being miserable.
Maybe it's well past the point of having to look?

PrincessNelly_NJ

I would... but just when I start enjoying 7DMT, its over.

Magenta Panther

I would give my left arm for WDW to create something new that is on the level with the HM. That ride is amazing and I never get tired of it. Visually stunning and immersive, without being a minute long and not using screens. I know that will never happen, but one can dream.

Or the Tower of Terror. That thing is just note-perfect. Satisfying in every way. And unfortunately, it's probably the last really impressive, envelope-pushing ride we will ever see in any American Disney park, and we can thank Robert "Screw The Parks, The Stockholders Love Me!" Iger. :(

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Actually for once, we've been discussing what is right/wrong with both 7dmt & Gringotts.
And that Uni's use of screens is getting repetitive. We are being fair.

To be honest I skipped over most of the discussion. There is a whole sub-section on FLE and half the threads are about 7DMT. I'm just burnt out on talking about it and especially comparing it to DA. Spirit threads move fast so some times you have to skim. I'm more interested in the new developments coming.

PrincessNelly_NJ

To be honest I skipped over most of the discussion. There is a whole sub-section on FLE and half the threads are about 7DMT. I'm just burnt out on talking about it and especially comparing it to DA. Spirit threads move fast so some times you have to skim. I'm more interested in the new developments coming.
I understand. I guess we talk about them so much because those were the most recent projects. Both were flawed and it would be nice to see the future attractions be something out of Disney & Universal comfort zones.

Universal needs to get away from screens... so much potential with Uni creative, they just have to go back to the older style of rides like the Mummy or E.T.
I dream of the day we hear about a new Uni ride that doesn't contain "3-d,4-d, or glasses" in the same sentence!
I also think seeing more themed lands in Universal would be great. Just imagine if the rest of the park looked as great as WWoHP or Springfield.

Disney... I hope the reworking of HS includes at least 1 world class e-ticket. Spirit threw out the words "carnie rides" and I'm so hoping he was wrong. I want disney to do something ground breaking and give us a new ride system for once.

Matt7187

See I would say it's something more like this:

DHS
DAK

Epcot

MK

Epcot needs investment, but it's not remotely in the same ballpark as the issues that DAK and, especially, DHS have. IMHO.
For me, I agree with the top 3, but MK should be way farther down. I could easily spend at least 2 full days at that park, the other 3, not so much...

stevehousse

Just put an updated trackless version in there... retheme it to Disney's greatest hits, make the facade Carthay Circle... no reason to remove a D-ticket dark ride for a couple B tickets.
This is a great idea and to take it one step further...take everything from one mans dream and integrate it into the que area and also as a post show area. At least that opens up even more space for something new without getting rid of the one mans dream stuff. They can play the movie that is in OMD in the que as well instead of old Hollywood clips...

GrammieBee

News Flash! Life is too short to focus on what is wrong with things in an amusement park. People are supposed to go there to enjoy themselves. If they can no longer enjoy the experience, they shouldn't be there. Of course, some people's enjoyment may be in the act of finding fault.

To be fair, with increasing crowds, the necessary amount of planning and never ending extra costs, enjoyment is becoming somewhat harder to find even without focusing on entertainment, attractions and rides.

However, no matter what they do or don't do,the parks are never going to please everyone, but a person can focus on what is coming that may be better to their liking. Look for the positives.

PhotoDave219

People enjoy being miserable. People enjoy being miserable and acting out and showing the world how miserable they are because they want attention.

And sometimes the attention that you had is certainly not the attention they craved…

danlb_2000

Premium Member
News Flash! Life is too short to focus on what is wrong with things in an amusement park. People are supposed to go there to enjoy themselves. If they can no longer enjoy the experience, they shouldn't be there. Of course, some people's enjoyment may be in the act of finding fault.

To be fair, with increasing crowds, the necessary amount of planning and never ending extra costs, enjoyment is becoming somewhat harder to find even without focusing on entertainment, attractions and rides.

However, no matter what they do or don't do,the parks are never going to please everyone, but a person can focus on what is coming that may be better to their liking. Look for the positives.

This would be a pretty boring message board if everyone just gushed about how much they like everything. I like it hear because people are willing to talk about both the good and bad at both Disney and Uni.

Lad

Would I like to see a new E ticket along with some other upgrades/additions at the Magic Kingdom? Sure. But for anyone to claim that this is a park in need of help is laughable.

Future World could use an overhaul but Epcot still has very healthy attendance and despite what you read on the forums, people still love the park.

Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom are where the focus needs to be right now which is exactly what is happening. After these parks get brought up to speed, then we can worry about Epcot and the Magic Kingdom.

WDW95

Greatest waste of space ever... 3 flat rides where GMR used to be. Seriously, I would never go to DHS again if they took out one of two people eating dark rides everyone can do.

Just put an updated trackless version in there... retheme it to Disney's greatest hits, make the facade Carthay Circle... no reason to remove a D-ticket dark ride for a couple B tickets.

I agree with this.

But between TSM and GMR, which one are they more likely to keep? They're definitely keeping TSM and if the rumors are correct about Toy Story Playland, what location logically makes the most sense for it? Up where the backlot entrance used to be? Create a long, narrow, dark, congested area of Pixar Studios / Playland?

Or does it make more sense to tear down the GMR building, build Toy Story Playland across from the expanded TSM and integrate the two areas together. It would open up the walkways in front of TSM and help get rid of the "studio" themeing that they seem to be doing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom